Alan Branch

Griff28

He wasn't a bad FA decision. He played well and deserved the extension. He's since phoned it in and looks terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut but I can't blame the front office for signing him.

Edited by Bangarang

He wasn't a bad FA decision. He played well and deserved the extension. He's since phoned it in and looks terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut but I can't blame the front office for signing him.

He was a bad decision in evaluating his desire. The guy doesn't come to OTA's, shows up overweight and disinterested. That's part of the decision making process as to who you bring in and pay big money to.

@JoeBuscaglia

Marrone on Alan Branch: "...he's working for a spot (on the roster)"

Well, I appreciate the candidness. Who would get his spot? 7th receiver? 9th O-lineman? Either way, I think Cohen or Charles might be an upgrade (although I think Cohen may already be in his late-20s).

did he even play tonight? i didn't see him, hear his name, or even hear anyone talking about him. last year i thought he was a great signing, this year i'm left scratching my head.

Yes he played several series in the fourth quarter and and he played poorly. Last year he played with the reserves most of the preseason as well and looked like absolute garbage and it looked like he might be destined to be cut........but then on opening day he looked like a completely different guy. I've been kind of assuming that they were following the same plan as last year but perhaps not.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 1m

Marrone on Alan Branch: "...he's working for a spot (on the roster)"

he's working on a spot hanging out with all the other lazy NFL players. A team should be able to recover some of its signing bonus when a player mails it in like this. No OTA's, then reporting out of shape. WTF. Your job is to be in shape, not that difficult.

Yes he played several series in the fourth quarter and and he played poorly. Last year he played with the reserves most of the preseason as well and looked like absolute garbage and it looked like he might be destined to be cut........but then on opening day he looked like a completely different guy. I've been kind of assuming that they were following the same plan as last year but perhaps not.

I agree. And wonder at the same time. Cohen has looked good, when I've watched. If they are going to cut Branch, I would bet it would be a final cut down depending on how he plays the rest of PS.

He was a bad decision in evaluating his desire. The guy doesn't come to OTA's, shows up overweight and disinterested. That's part of the decision making process as to who you bring in and pay big money to.

That is a ridiculous statement. How could anyone evaluate a player's desire a year into the future?

He was a good signing for us last year and gave us good depth on the line. I am disappointed that he held out of OTA's, as I was with Manny Lawson. The difference is that Lawson appears to be doing well as a DE, whereas Branch appears to not be playing as hard as he could be.

I hope he turns it around, I feel that he still brings value as a veteran player. I'm fine with Landon Cohen staying too. Stefan Charles should be in the mix. I would not miss Corbin Bryant.

Well, I appreciate the candidness. Who would get his spot? 7th receiver? 9th O-lineman? Either way, I think Cohen or Charles might be an upgrade (although I think Cohen may already be in his late-20s).

Bills DL: M Williams, Dareus, K Williams, Hughes, Lawson, Charles, Cohen, Johnson. If the Bills keep 9 then it is between him and Wynn, IMO. Otherwise he will be cut.

The board wanted him cut all last offseason. Send a message many said. Him and Lawson.

I'm curious what he and Lawson do this year though, and how they fit.