FCC to make announcement here on sports blackouts

uncle flap

There are two issues here. LOCAL blackouts and the FU'd situation with the Bill's blackout area when someone in the Utica market has their games blacked out. (CBS is served out of Syracuse, yet even Fox games from a local station are blacked out too). The area one should have been addressed years ago.

Been a while since I have read an article with that much bull **** in it.

I know, really? The blackout rules help low income communities? If they're so concerned about low-income people watching football, then they should be speaking to the NFL - which is a US government sanctioned monopoly - about lowering ticket prices. Then we wouldn't have to worry about blackouts. Seriously, these are the people running our country?

• 2 weeks later...

A good read, thanks for sharing. And, some very legitimate and cogent arguments to be made against black-outs. At one point, I just chalked it up to "NFL business as usual" and gave up any hope that the black-outs would be lifted, but after seeing this and the reasoning and the ancillary consequences of the black-outs, I have hope that such a protocol will change.