It's a family affair...it's a family affair...it's a ...

Beerball

Wow!

They had to know that were that drunk? Why submit to breath tests? License already suspended for one, possibly two? Make them work for evidence against, even if it is buying time to get a blood test. I guess every minute would help even if they are 3 times the limit. Okay, I will just shut up right now... They aren't that bright to begin with, any legal advice is lost on them if they are in this much of a world of hurt. You think their lawyer would have said during the last incident: "Please, next time don't volunteer evidence against you." I guess they were all too blasted to remember.

Anway, with some of these high numbers people blow, how can they even stand let alone operate a vehicle? You kind of wonder if breathalyzers are skewed?

Wow!

They had to know that were that drunk? Why submit to breath tests? License already suspended for one, possibly two? Make them work for evidence against, even if it is buying time to get a blood test. I guess every minute would help even if they are 3 times the limit. Okay, I will just shut up right now... They aren't that bright to begin with, any legal advice is lost on them if they are in this much of a world of hurt. You think their lawyer would have said during the last incident: "Please, next time don't volunteer evidence against you." I guess they were all too blasted to remember.

Anway, with some of these high numbers people blow, how can they even stand let alone operate a vehicle? You kind of wonder if breathalyzers are skewed?

When I got my DUI, I lost my license for 30 days... Granted, my BAC was .09.... Lower than the previous legal limit before it was reduced from .10 to .08,... Had I chose to refuse, I would have lost my license for a year.... But my case and theirs are totally different..,. Repeat offenders, 3x legal limit, etc...

When I got my DUI, I lost my license for 30 days... Granted, my BAC was .09.... Lower than the previous legal limit before it was reduced from .10 to .08,... Had I chose to refuse, I would have lost my license for a year.... But my case and theirs are totally different..,. Repeat offenders, 3x legal limit, etc...

What about NOT refusing but requesting a blood test. Is that still considered a refusal? Seems unfair seeing how a blood test would be more accurate than breath. You would think it is more accurate. And in your case may have bought you a little time to slip under the limit (since you were so close).

What about NOT refusing but requesting a blood test. Is that still considered a refusal? Seems unfair seeing how a blood test would be more accurate than breath. You would think it is more accurate. And in your case may have bought you a little time to slip under the limit (since you were so close).

In PA, there are three steps...

Field sobriety tests

Breathalyzer

Blood test

A breathalyzer is only used to determine if you are intoxicated, then you go to the hospital for a blood draw, that is the BAC they use bc it's the most effective...

Not to be a smart ass, but have you tried to request ANYTHING from a cop??? When they are suspicious of you being over the limit- they are not all that accommodating

I used to drive while drunk all the time when I was in my early 20s. Finally, when I was 23 I got arrested. I had stopped at the intersection of Main and Baily at 4:30am and waited for the light to change but beat it by a few seconds. I was pulled over right at the golf course. The police took me to a holding cell and I fell asleep on the bench for 2 and a half hours, then they brought me out and did a sobriety test (walk a straight line, arms out touch your nose..... which I passed) after that they did a Breathalyzer and I blew a 2.75, so this was approximately 4 hours after my last drink.

I was very good at driving drunk and it took a lot of booze to eff me up good when I drank, I didn't worry about it and didn't think about the consequences, like accidents. I remember every second of it (except the nap). I was driving fine, there was no traffic, I wasn't speeding although during my trial the cop said I was, he also lied about following me for 1/2 a mile first (Main and Baily is the city line doh!) and the judge asked him why he didn't ticket me for that too. They towed my car even after I pleaded with them to just move it up 50 feet so it was parked legal.... The cop also told the judge I had gotten a hair cut and I looked like I was on drugs. Which the judge got angry at too.

I did smoke some that night and had it in my pocket the whole time but they never searched me, I also had more and a pipe in my car under the rug under the seat. I got away with getting what used to be called a DWAI (I always called it driving while almost drunk), My licence was suspended for 3 months and I had to take a class and go to an AA meeting (which was a lot of Christians with horrible stories about their drunk days and I didn't get much from it). So after all was said and done $700 for the lawyer, I think 250$ for the town of Amherst, 200$ for the tow and impound and my insurance went up about 300$ for the year In 1983 for me that was big bucks. There were many times I was behind the wheel and way more effed up than that one (like my HS graduation when I raced some one from Clarence where we had our dinner all the way down to Deaman college where the dance was (and we both hit 120 on our speedos, mine was stuck for 2 years there after that, I won BTW, I also had 5 other people in the car and I had to be told about it after).

The biggest thing that stopped me from drinking (I quit for a year and didn't ever really abuse alcohol that much after this ) was before falling asleep on the bench, I just hated being locked up and I went to the door over and over and tried to unlock it, with a credit card and pulling on it like crazy. I decided then and there I wasn't going to ever have it happen again.

This family is in for some money problems to go with their drinking problems. I just thought I'd share.

Like you, I used to drink and drive... After my DUI and the classes and seeing all that can happen- it really made me realize that it's not worth it... People always think they drive fine, and that something horrible won't happen to them... I was guilty of that... After all was said and done, I'm glad that my situation went down like it did... I would NEVER be able to live with myself if I would have hurt or killed someone!!

I work at a transport accident hospital for 8 years now & have seen literally tonnes of MVA traumas from DUI. You can also tell those that their accidents resulted in a fatal, the guilt is crushing. Drive safe.

I used to drive a tow truck and the airbag truck for a garage that had the thruway account, when I got older. I saw a lot of damaged lives..... I never drank and drove afterwords, although I did drink some as I got older. Now a days it really just gives me migraine like head aches and I rarely (almost never maybe 2x a year) even have one drink.

If you're going to drink and drive it's best to wait til after 3 am to drive. By then the cops aren't on the lookout because the bar crowd has cleared out, and there aren't many cars on the road so you're less likely to crash.

Also, if you can't handle your buzz you have no business driving. You know who you are, make arrangements.