Houston, We Have A Problem

I did not see the blow out in Houston (just highlights) but hope to catch the replay on NFL channel.

I have read about Clowney's unimpressive start but wow, Fitz with two INT's?

I realize it is only the first preseason game, nonetheless, it is a tell tale sign that poor decisions were made.

Clowney over Manziel?

Fitz as their starting QB? We can all agree that we liked the guy but he was/is not a starting QB in this league. How can Houston base their offense and team around Fitz as their QB?

It's going to be a long season for Houston ...

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/QBs-look-ahead-after-struggles-vs-Cards/1b148b08-5a35-40dd-bad5-41bd8747dcae

I did not see the blow out in Houston (just highlights) but hope to catch the replay on NFL channel.

I realize it is only the first preseason game, nonetheless, it is a tell tale sign that poor decisions were made.

Clowney over Manziel?

Fitz as their starting QB? We can all agree that we liked the guy but he was/is not a starting QB in this league. How can Houston base their offense and team around Fitz as their QB?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/QBs-look-ahead-after-struggles-vs-Cards/1b148b08-5a35-40dd-bad5-41bd8747dcae

I don't think Clowney had an unimpressive start. When you line up next to JJ Watt well stuff happens. One of the two of them will get the sack. watt just happened to be the guy. I don't think any team is looking froward to those two this year.

Clowney over Manziel?

http://www.houstonte...d5-41bd8747dcae

To be fair, Clowney was at least as impressive as Manziel in his debut, and it's not as though they left themselves no option at QB. They drafted Tom Savage, who they clearly like at least enough to consider him an option as a QB of the future.

Clowney over Manziel?

http://www.houstonte...d5-41bd8747dcae

It seemed to me from Twitter (I didn't see the game) that Clowney looked awesome. So that was not the case?

From what I have seen and heard, Clowney looked pretty good in his first preseason game. Had a really nice TFL where he absolutely flew by the LT and blew up the backfield.

I haven't heard anything about him struggling.

I saw a highlight where he blew up a TE who tried to block him. Unsure why anyone would try blocking him with a TE.

Clowney's a bust? Unimpressive? Should have drafted Johnny Football? I want the regular season to get here so we actually have something real to comment on...

Exactly. It's PRESEASON!! It doesn't mean anything. Wake me up once Week 1 starts.

I saw a highlight where he blew up a TE who tried to block him. Unsure why anyone would try blocking him with a TE.

I watched the 2 quarters of the game and the Texans defense was struggling, but mostly due to the secondary.

Clowney looked ok, only time he looked really bad was when he was forced to cover a TE and got beat for a would be TD, but there was a penalty away from the play, so he was saved. After the Cardinals scored they put in their 2's.

Clowney over Manziel?

When you have the first pick in the draft you take the top player on your board period and you absolutely don't draft a QB with the first pick just bc you need one.

Going with Fitz at QB is an entirely other issue. This to me is O'Brien being arrogant saying he can win with just about anyone at QB.

I don't think this is an unfair thread. Someone started a "would you rather have Fitz back thread" and the Fitzbackers were quick to jump all over that one. Watched the game... I know it's the preseason, but damn, he looked just about as bad as I've ever seen him. I mean he really just looked like he didn't belong on the field at all... starter, back up, practice squad, towel boy. I'll take EJ over that any day. Kid may not be perfect, but at least I know he can throw harder than my girlfriend.

Not related but related, Nassib has been demoted from 2nd to 3rd team in NY. In favor of Curtis Painter.

How bad do you have to suck to get stuck BEHIND PAINTER on the depth chart... That guy must have someone up above looking out for him..... Dude is NOT nfl QB material.... But hey, congrats to him for hanging like a booger