Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

i thought it was stated that stewarts car was carrying a camera? not so much? i just havent seen the report you referenced yet....

i think thats pretty strongly overstating any "anti stewart" position that has been taken. i think even weo is primarily advocating that it sounds fishy and warrants investigation, not that hes intentionally killed a man.

I thought I said it is up on TMZ I rechecked and it is. page Two. i cannot link. there was NO camera WEO!

Both drivers typically used Go Pros ( man they are awesome BTW) but for some reason they both did not use them the other nite.

Good fodder for a conspiracy theory though as towhy they did not. Also some sprint officials mentioned the two had raced several times previously without incident of any kind.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was reported that there is a go-pro cam on stewart's car. I've said over and over that I don't think he intended to kill anyone, only that a less benevolent scenario than a pure unavoidable accident occured is possible.

i think that last bit is missed by some. its a sentiment that i so far agree wth.

As to the go-pro. It was reported very quickly that evening that he had a camera on the car. i just saw the tmz report and apparently "sources" are now calling it strange that the camera wasnt available, as its pretty standard issue for him when he races these cars.

sounds like another thing that more than likely qualifies as nothing (i have no idea how regularly he uses it despite reports that its very often, if not always), but ultimately is another red flag to look into for investigators.

I thought I said it is up on TMZ I rechecked and it is. page Two. i cannot link. there was NO camera WEO!

Both drivers typically used Go Pros ( man they are awesome BTW) but for some reason they both did not use them the other nite.

Good fodder for a conspiracy theory though as towhy they did not. Also some sprint officials mentioned the two had raced several times previously without incident of any kind.

you did, and i didnt jump right on TMZ to check it out, though i ended up looking after the post anyway.

like i said, odds are it means nothing, but like you said its another thing that could mean something.

Edited by NoSaint

No it doesn't. But those who claim there can be no doubt as to what happened (Stewart cannot be guilty of anything in this incident) do. Direct your misplaced ire at them.

As for the tire "sucking him in", I haven't seen it reported like that thus far. I didn't know that spinning tires may literally suck in a nearby pedestrian. I am learning more and more!

You're a fool.

No it doesn't. But those who claim there can be no doubt as to what happened (Stewart cannot be guilty of anything in this incident) do. Direct your misplaced ire at them.

As for the tire "sucking him in", I haven't seen it reported like that thus far. I didn't know that spinning tires may literally suck in a nearby pedestrian. I am learning more and more!

I am not claiming Stewart can do no wrong no matter what. It is just impossible to prove, a waste of time, money, and energy.

Have you ever see one of those cars... They have a lot of aerodynamic things going. It is not just spinning tires on a Ford Fusion as it passes you. When you read stuff, one has to sift through and put your own knowledge of things into what you are reading. So much that is written is just flat out wrong.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

i think that last bit is missed by some. its a sentiment that i so far agree wth.

As to the go-pro. It was reported very quickly that evening that he had a camera on the car. i just saw the tmz report and apparently "sources" are now calling it strange that the camera wasnt available, as its pretty standard issue for him when he races these cars.

sounds like another thing that more than likely qualifies as nothing (i have no idea how regularly he uses it despite reports that its very often, if not always), but ultimately is another red flag to look into for investigators.

you did, and i didnt jump right on TMZ to check it out, though i ended up looking after the post anyway.

like i said, odds are it means nothing, but like you said its another thing that could mean something.

It sounds like this will take awhile to sort out. Now and it is unconfirmed rumor, the changing out his

Rear right tire in the pits has resurfaced. Apparently some witnesses claim they had to put a rear left in its place?

Again this all unconfirmed rumor. IT almost seems impossible really.

back to the camera it would seem the pit crew would know what the story is. And, Both cars were impounded.

So the bandit was on scene. Oh gosh. :death:

i was actually referring to members of the racing community early on reporting that it was standard issue for him to have a go pro during these event. TMZ is now saying that go pro wasnt on the car for some reason that night, and we are hearing that its odd that it wasnt on the car.

could simply be that someone forgot to put it on.

i was actually referring to members of the racing community early on reporting that it was standard issue for him to have a go pro during these event. TMZ is now saying that go pro wasnt on the car for some reason that night, and we are hearing that its odd that it wasnt on the car.

What are you implying? That a camera not being in the car is some intent that he would cause a car to spin out that night, make the driver angry enough to get out of his car, confront the driver and is run over is some nefarious attempt on the part of Tony Stewart.

What is even the point of posting this type of stuff about crackpot "sources".

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

So, I had lunch with a friend of mine, that's been into DIRT racing longer than I've known him, so over 20 years of experience and knowledge, this is what he was able to tell me....

1) In order to race at Canadaigua, all drivers must sign a waiver and liability form that includes a portion stating that in case of an accident, they will stay in their car until track personal arrive, unless the car is on fire

2) Tony was ahead of Ward when the accident happened (Ward going into the wall), and based on the video there was no contact made between cars. If there was, you would see Wards car reacting differently from contact with Tony's tire. Also, Tony had no idea what the caution was for until he came back around the track and saw the car in the wall.

3) There is additional video of the accident, shot by track personal, that has been turned over to the police. Fox Sports 1 did have some of it earlier, but has since taken it down

4) The driver in front of Tony did not see Ward either until the last second, based on reports from one of his pit crew....

https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychoniewicz?fref=browse_search

5) In order to get the backend of this style cars to kick left, you do need to hit the gas, which it appears Tony was trying to do. But Ward was too close.

Thanks Jack! For the inside info! I had a feeling this was the case, again thanx for the expert take!

Live ontario sheriffs presser on right now NBC sports

Question: we heard there was a camera on board.

Spokesman; We are not aware of that.

Spokesman: at this time there are NO facts that support criminal behavior.

There's a difference between having an opinion and discussing something on a message board and "assuming they know the whole story". And there's nothing asinine about the idea that a guy with a history of losing his temper and saying/doing stupid things likely isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt when something like this happens. Further, comments like "have you ever driven a sprint car?" are just straw man arguments. If people could only have opinions about things they've actually experienced first hand, you'd have a message board full of crickets.

I understand, but read through all these comments, and you will find several posters declaring this was intentional by tony....

So, I had lunch with a friend of mine, that's been into DIRT racing longer than I've known him, so over 20 years of experience and knowledge, this is what he was able to tell me....

1) In order to race at Canadaigua, all drivers must sign a waiver and liability form that includes a portion stating that in case of an accident, they will stay in their car until track personal arrive, unless the car is on fire

2) Tony was ahead of Ward when the accident happened (Ward going into the wall), and based on the video there was no contact made between cars. If there was, you would see Wards car reacting differently from contact with Tony's tire. Also, Tony had no idea what the caution was for until he came back around the track and saw the car in the wall.

3) There is additional video of the accident, shot by track personal, that has been turned over to the police. Fox Sports 1 did have some of it earlier, but has since taken it down

4) The driver in front of Tony did not see Ward either until the last second, based on reports from one of his pit crew....

https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychoniewicz?fref=browse_search

5) In order to get the backend of this style cars to kick left, you do need to hit the gas, which it appears Tony was trying to do. But Ward was too close.

#5 is what I have stated all along- yet people still

Claim to insist that this was clearly intentional.... Ugh.... Thank you Jack for posting this...

Another note my friend just told me about, watch and LISTEN to the video. You do not hear any noise from the crash, only the cars that are in front of the stands where the video was shot. So the accelerating people are hearing on the video is the cars in front of the stands, not the cars on the other side of the track.

i think his point of contention is that it didnt catapult him, but dragged him - so "threw him 50 yards" isnt accurate either way. that said, i still havent heard any report, besides people watching the video, contest that it was stewart that hit the gas. his purpose isnt certain, but so far it seems reliable that it was him.

Thank you. It's not the first time that you've understood what I'm saying, and had to interpret it.

Another note my friend just told me about, watch and LISTEN to the video. You do not hear any noise from the crash, only the cars that are in front of the stands where the video was shot. So the accelerating people are hearing on the video is the cars in front of the stands, not the cars on the other side of the track.

unless he is arguing that he didnt accelerate, im not sure the difference ultimately.

Thank you. It's not the first time that you've understood what I'm saying, and had to interpret it.

no prob - i know its irked me before when my statements got twisted up. glad to help straighten them back out.

The argument that Stewarts temper played a huge role in this has been very strange to me. What was he even supposed to be mad about here? He came through that corner in one piece and was still going in the race. And now your bit of info that there may very well have not been any contact at all, he's not the list bit angry.

The only thing that happens that would cause a reaction is if/when he sees Ward on the track. I can't picture that being something that would cause a racer to get angry.

The argument that Stewarts temper played a huge role in this has been very strange to me. What was he even supposed to be mad about here? He came through that corner in one piece and was still going in the race. And now your bit of info that there may very well have not been any contact at all, he's not the list bit angry.

The only thing that happens that would cause a reaction is if/when he sees Ward on the track. I can't picture that being something that would cause a racer to get angry.

Ugh.... I agree... If I fly off the handle a few times and my wife ends up dead, does that mean I did it?