Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

So what?

I'm sorry, but if you don't divulge information because you're afraid people won't agree with you, you're a bad source.

I'm guessing Savage held on to this information so that he wouldn't damage or influence Manziel's draft stock. Putting it out now doesn't matter other than further evidence of his immaturity and lack of self awareness.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin Fox just confirmed on the radio there was indeed a leak from the organization that they are very disappointed in his work ethic and That He showed up to camp unprepared and has not caught up. They hope he gets there but pettine said he probably will not play at all this year.

regardless of the motivation of releasing it, if its true i dont see the problem with it being a discussion point. His leadership has been questioned, as has his work ethic. he had a very successful college career too. these are all parts of the story. you dont have to exclude everything that doesnt fit your love of him.

True. I'm playing an advocate so this thread doesn't turn into just full on bashing. Personally, I don't disregard his faults, but they haven't proved to me that he won't have success. Especially when many of his perceived faults are driven by a media machine that has turned public opinion against many other athletes in the past because of their love affair and focus.

I'm guessing Savage held on to this information so that he wouldn't damage or influence Manziel's draft stock. Putting it out now doesn't matter other than further evidence of his immaturity and lack of self awareness.

So why not after he was drafted? It's been almost 4 months since the draft.

Dustin Fox just confirmed on the radio there was indeed a leak from the organization that they are very disappointed in his work ethic and That He showed up to camp unprepared and has not caught up. They hope he gets there but pettine said he probably will not play at all this year.

Well ****.

yup - it makes sense that it might be the team leaking info they had trying to light a fire.

which could turn incredibly toxic. see pettine at the jets for an example.

ive also guessed that pettine might not have liked the kid from the get go, and his drafting be an example of the browns dysfunction. we will see.

Edited by NoSaint

Ok so now what if the following happens.... With the pressure off from the QB competition ending, and facing 2nd and 3rd team vanilla defenses the next 2 games, Johnny lights it up! Everyone goes berserk. Does Hoyer still start week 1 even if he looks the same as he has? Poor Pettine might wish his biggest problem was back when marcel was forgetting to set his alarm clock.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Of course! That's why it took Pettine 2 extra weeks to name Hoyer the starter! He knew Johnny wasn't working hard and says he won't play it all, but had no idea who to start!

Does no one else see how stupid it sounds when you pair up the narrative with what actually happened?

Edited by FireChan

Of course! That's why it took Pettine 2 extra weeks to name Hoyer the starter! He knew Johnny wasn't working hard and says he won't play it all, but had no idea who to start!

Does no one else see how stupid it sounds when you pair up the narrative with what actually happened?

Does the Manziel Apologists Society have membership cards? :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing your point, or Johnny Eightball's preparedness. But it's very easy to imagine, and almost impossible to not imagine, that half the people in important positions in the Browns organization think Johnny should start now and half think that Hoyer should start now. There are good reasons and bad reasons for both. I truly doubt there is any consensus whatsoever. He's that polarizing and that much of an unknown. It's a polarizing issue for a first round QB not named Johnny Football.

It's hard to know when to start him. To me, it's better to start Hoyer for the first three games. And I like Manziel. Teach him a lesson. Let him watch a few games. Send Hoyer to the wolves and see how he fares. Send Johnny in to the rescue after the bye and see what he can do.

But Pettine not naming the starter likely had nothing to do with these reports, which I imagine are somewhat true and mostly not true. He was a tremendous leader on that team. The players and coaches loved him for the most part. And he always performed.

Actually it doesn't sound dumb at all. The only motivating factor is playing time. If manziel knew he wasn't going to play this year how hard would he have tried? If effort, focus, and preparation are question marks you don't remove motivation.

My guess is he'll get a chance to start if/when the Browns are eliminated from playoff contention.

I still think that their early bye week (week 4) will be when they contemplate a change at QB if hoyer is 1-2 or 0-3 and looks bad. Pettine can say whatever he wants right one but he may not be the one calling the shots.

I still think that their early bye week (week 4) will be when they contemplate a change at QB if hoyer is 1-2 or 0-3 and looks bad. Pettine can say whatever he wants right one but he may not be the one calling the shots.

Plausible, but how hard Manziel works to learn the playbook has to be a factor in how soon they let him play. Hopefully for the Browns his bye week won't be spent in Vegas.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

you can spin it into anything you want. maybe he came in unprepared but they saw him responding to the competition and wanted to drag it out to keep him checked in....

we just dont know.

Plausible, but how hard Manziel works to learn the playbook has to be a factor in how soon they let him play. Hopefully for the Browns his bye week won't be spent in Vegas.

now that would be hilarious! Even he wouldn't do that (I don't think). But whether true or not there are rumblings out of Cleveland that Haslam was much more involved in this pick than what had been led on. He might say the heck with the playbook, just get him out there. Of course that would also be roughly 7-8 weeks from now and he might be more ready by then. And past the toughest part of their schedule.

not that stupid, because he did allegedly start working hard once he got to camp. Made perfect sense to see how he would progress once he got there. The issue is that the successful QBs are studying the Playbook and watching film in the offseason too, and he ended up behind the 8 ball (no pun intended) before he even got there. Hoyer has not looked good either so I can see why he waited until after the 2nd game. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hoyer is also a better QB, not just a better leader.

Not that Hoyer is headed for greatness or anything either.... JF isnt near ready and doesn't pass the anything test as far as NFL football goes. ( Eye-test, accuracy, throwing from pocket, leadership, discipline). Maybe one day he will and you odd fans that are obsessed with him for some reason will feel great. Cheers!

Anyone looking at the stats and concludes hoyer is better needs their "eyes tested"

Hoyer 8/20 (40%) 108, 0 rush, 0 TD, 0 INT, QBR 65.2

Manziel 14/27 (52%) 128, 26 rush, 1 TD, 0 INT, QBR 79

Anyone looking at the stats and concludes hoyer is better needs their "eyes tested"

Hoyer 8/20 (40%) 108, 0 rush, 0 TD, 0 INT, QBR 65.2

Manziel 14/27 (52%) 128, 26 rush, 1 TD, 0 INT, QBR 79

Seriously Laughable - did you watch them? Did you see who they both were facing? Did you see the "TD" ? How bout the 1st 10 passes when JF WAS against better competition?

Seriously Laughable - did you watch them? Did you see who they both were facing? Did you see the "TD" ? How bout the 1st 10 passes when JF WAS against better competition?

You mean the first ten passes that had 5 drops?

Does the Manziel Apologists Society have membership cards? :rolleyes:

Nope, just a secret handshake.

You mean the first ten passes that had 5 drops?

Nope, just a secret handshake.

Those werent drops, those were (every single one of them) bad throws that even a player (gordon) with a 10 foot wing span couldnt gather because they were so off. Not one of those passes from JF was a drop.