Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually sounds like fun to me to go to Vegas and hang out with those guys

i hate that I know this, but that photo was from his Wknd in Beverly Hills. The one with Gronk and the champagne spraying was Vegas, then the inflatable swan was Austin. The rolled up dollar bill was Vegas part 2. Unfortunately this is the daily news in This neck of the woods.

Mary Kay Cabot on mike and mike saying that she thinks the coaching staff is disappointed in Johnny.... That if he worked the way they expected of him and didn't have all the side distractions that he would've been able to make this a tough choice. As is, coaches would've struggled to sell him as a leader to the teams vets, etc.... based on how he's handled himself.

Edited by NoSaint

Mary Kay Cabot on mike and mike saying that she thinks the coaching staff is disappointed in Johnny.... That if he worked the way they expected of him and didn't have all the side distractions that he would've been able to make this a tough choice. As is, coaches would've struggled to sell him as a leader to the teams vets, etc.... based on how he's handled himself.

Sounds like the Browns is the worst place this kid could have ended up at.

Oh well, at least they have Hoyer as starter.

Hoyer's a good player. Johnny probably sits in 2014. NFL Network will be devastated.

But not at QB.

He's on his 4th team. A career backup till yesterday. He's started only 4 games his entire career (and finished only 3) and has one decent start among those 4.

You think that guy is going to start 16 games? How?

What's really sad is he basically begged them to draft him, and then doesn't put his full effort into winning the job. But again, not surprising.

As for Hoyer, I have no idea why people jumped on his bandwagon last year. When they lose Gordon during the regular season, it's going to be even uglier for them.

"she thinks"? who cares what unsubstantiated crap she puts out

Outwardly we know that Hoyer was given the #1 position going into preseason, and JM made it a coin toss who would get, with browns taking longer to decide than they wanted. Here's the preseason stats for both:

Hoyer 8/20 (40%) 108, 0 rush, 0 TD, 0 INT, QBR 65.2

Manziel 14/27 (52%) 128, 26 rush, 1 TD, 0 INT, QBR 79

If Manziel had been the starter coming into camp, there's every reason to believe he'd be the starter now. It's clear to me Browns are doing the sensible thing and sacrificing Hoyer for the first part of the season, while they groom the obvious long term starter Manziel

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What's really sad is he basically begged them to draft him, and then doesn't put his full effort into winning the job. But again, not surprising.

As for Hoyer, I have no idea why people jumped on his bandwagon last year. When they lose Gordon during the regular season, it's going to be even uglier for them.

pettine said yesterday he has been really disappointed with Gordon's effort, specifically in the game Monday. He had said this throughout OTAs as well. He was still out there in the 4th qtr. I guess they think if he gets his suspension reduced they want him in there getting the work but he doesn't seem to want to be there. I was at one of their early practices and he really was acting lazy.

He was successful in college because he played against defenses with few-to-no NFL-caliber players on them. He can't draw plays in the sand and outrun/juke guys anymore.

I assume this is said in jest. You do know that he played in the SEC, right? And that, unlike the others you mention, JFF was primarily a passing QB?

Outwardly we know that Hoyer was given the #1 position going into preseason, and JM made it a coin toss who would get, with browns taking longer to decide than they wanted. Here's the preseason stats for both:

Hoyer 8/20 (40%) 108, 0 rush, 0 TD, 0 INT

Manziel 14/27 (52%) 128, 26 rush, 1 TD, 0 INT

If Manziel had been the starter coming into camp, there's every reason to believe he'd be the starter now. It's clear to me Browns are doing the sensible thing and sacrificing Hoyer for the first part of the season, while they groom the obvious long term starter Manziel

You can't just throw out the stats and compare the 2, apples to oranges IMO. JFF only threw 7 attempts against a starting caliber defense. He was 2 for 7, so not exactly setting the world on fire. His 1 TD was a shoval pass, against 3rd stringers, where the RB did all the work.

Hoyer 8/20 (40%) 108, 0 rush, 0 TD, 0 INT, QBR 65.2

Manziel 14/27 (52%) 128, 26 rush, 1 TD, 0 INT, QBR 79

how substantiated it is, I don't know. But there were multiple reporters with the exact same message yesterday, both national and local. Not one said they had a different report. I think the browns leaked the info.

Cabot is very dialed in btw.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Putting Hoyer in for this entire year, IMHO, is the right thing for the Browns and for JFF if he truly is motivated to be a starting great QB in the NFL, that is not to say I'm sold on the fact that no matter how much work he puts in he will be able to accomplish that feat but it's a start (or lack thereof)...but in no way, shape or form by anything I've seen watching the Browns two Pre Season games and more importantly what JFF has done off the field since being Drafted has shown me that he is ready, both psychologically and in a football capacity, to take the reigns for the QB position on an NFL team, regardless of whether or not that team has been historically good or bad...IF the Browns believe in the long-term viability of JFF as their Franchise QB AND they want their fans to continue to buy-in to what they're selling as hope for the future and be somewhat competitive this year, Hoyer is the QB for the whole season, no matter how bad it gets....JFF needs to be humbled and prove to the team and the Coaches he has no other passion other than to be the Franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns before he gets the chance to live such a dream...

how substantiated it is, I don't know. But there were multiple reporters with the exact same message yesterday, both national and local. Not one said they had a different report. I think the browns leaked the info.

Cabot is very dialed in btw.

I bet they did, just like they did the JM is tardy to a 5 minute meeting "story". And Pettine publicly stating more than once his disappointment with JM.

Bizarre behavior from a first year HC. His first round QB is a lightning rod for controversey and Pettine allows these silly leaks that certainly don't help the kid.

I assume this is said in jest. You do know that he played in the SEC, right? And that, unlike the others you mention, JFF was primarily a passing QB?

I realize he threw the ball a lot, but 2000 yards and 30 TDs on the ground in two years doesn't make him a pocket-passer by any means.

And what does playing in the SEC have to do with it? It doesn't change the fact that he was successful against very few NFL-caliber defensive players and zero NFL-caliber defensive units. Just because 2-3 guys on the other side of the line might end up being NFL starters, that doesn't mean Manziel proved that he could hang with the big boys. As we've seen.

Plenty of uber-successful SEC QBs have gone on to be NFL nothings. He's the next.

i have a feeling if she thought he was handsome, charming and a future probowl qb you would call her the smartest reporter there is.

all i was doing was passing along the report from MKC, who is among the more respected beat writers out there. you dont have to agree with her, but i dont think theres a reason to knock her either.

I bet they did, just like they did the JM is tardy to a 5 minute meeting "story". And Pettine publicly stating more than once his disappointment with JM.

Bizarre behavior from a first year HC. His first round QB is a lightning rod for controversey and Pettine allows these silly leaks that certainly don't help the kid.

You are making an assumption that he is involved with the leaks. What's the basis of your opinion? Pettine isn't a fool. He knows that JM is going to start this year. If he doesn't start him sometime this season he will be out of a job. He also knows that JM is not ready to start. Most everyone understands that Hoyer is a pedestrian qb at best. Before a third of the season is over JM will be the starting time. Buying time for the rambunctious rookie to be better prepared is the smart thing to do. That is what is going on here.

In college JM played a "play it by ear" style that doesn't transfer to the pro game. It is going to take time for him to learn how to play the more disciplined read type of game. The rampant instant analysis (not saying you are in that prejudicial category) that surrounds this lightning rod player is simply out of control and means little regarding how good or bad the player will actually turn into.

Edited by JohnC