Bills made this list ....

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nfl-teams-no-one-wants-to-pay-to-see-live.html/

'While the Bills loiter in ownership limbo, as well as refuse to acknowledge that they may or may not be moving, the allure of EJ Manuel, C.J. Spiller, and Fred Jackson (whoever happens to be less hurt at the time) just isn’t getting through to the rest of the league’s fan bases. We don’t want to see the Bills leave western New York, but we don’t know if we’d leave NFL Red Zone to go see our team play the Bills, either.'

Any team that has sucked for the past 15 years is obviously not going to be a big draw either live or in the TV market.

But that statement is bull ****. Season ticket holders and plenty of others would go watch their team play, no matter who the opponent is. There are only 8 regular season home games a season after all.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Any team that has sucked for the past 15 years is obviously not going to be a big draw either live or in the TV market.

But that statement is bull ****. Season ticket holders and plenty of others would go watch their team play, no matter who the opponent is. There are only 8 regular season home games a season after all.

I think you are missing the point of the article.

It is saying that, as measured by objective criteria, the Bills are the 4th worst team in the league in terms of being a "box office draw". That is to say, relative to average ticket sales for all teams at all games in all cities, a game involving the Bills will result in a loss of 16.7% of ticket sales.

When you consider we have a decent sized stadium with strong home game attendance, that statistic is all the more powerful.

It basically is saying no one in other NFL cities wants to see their team play the Bills.

And given the steaming pile of mediocrity this organization has been since the mid '90s, does this come as a surprise?

This should surprise no one.

To non-Bills people, we are like, I don't know...the San Diego Padres or Milwaukee Brewers.

You know, an irrelevance.

Edited by Stopthepain

Seems like this is just a list of who has the cheapest ticket prices, more than anything else...

What about a list of average attendance? Or average percentage of home tickets sold?

Edit: Ah, I read it wrong... this is the effect on ticket sales when the team visits?

Edited by Dorkington

I think you are missing the point of the article.

It basically is saying no one in other NFL cities wants to see their team play the Bills.

Huh?

There are Bills Fans EVERYWHERE. I see them on my travels all the time, even in remote areas of Montana.

If the Bills SUCK, then the poor and or bad teams WANT them to play as it might bring them an easy win.

Who usually doesn't draw in Buffalo... KC, Rams, Cards, ... and in December Cleveland/Cincy/Stillers fans won't make the trek.

Winning means A LOT. Get above 500 after Turkey day and you will draw them.

The others I listed draw poorly regardless!!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever