Round 2 : Sale of the team

Look for news to break in the next 2 weeks.

I will be very surprised, and most likely very happy, if we know anything that soon. I sure hope you are right, but I don't expect that.

I wonder if I can teach the baby in this commercial to press F5.

https://www.youtube....h?v=HNaCf_Fnp6E

Brilliant!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what are the chances Rogers holds us to the Toronto Series contract going forward? we were able to get out of it this year but I think we are still signed up until 2018. clearly there will probably be some bad blood between us now. both sides are probably glad there wasn't one there this year

Good point- I would be shocked if the series continued. I feel Rogers only signed on thinking that they would get the team eventually and wanted to showcase TO as an NFL hungry city. At this point, I think we can all agree Pegula will be buying the team. I would imagine he will try to demonstrate his complete loyalty to Buffalo by having no games in Toronto and Rogers would not want to line the pockets of the guy that beat him out in the Bills sweepstakes, anyway.

Bon Jovi concert at the Ralph on February 30th. LOL

If that's true, I'd make a small wager that it gets cancelled.

Good point- I would be shocked if the series continued. I feel Rogers only signed on thinking that they would get the team eventually and wanted to showcase TO as an NFL hungry city. At this point, I think we can all agree Pegula will be buying the team. I would imagine he will try to demonstrate his complete loyalty to Buffalo by having no games in Toronto and Rogers would not want to line the pockets of the guy that beat him out in the Bills sweepstakes, anyway.

I'd give them as many preseason games as they want!

I do find it funny that two of Howard Sterns more popular guests and personal friends are in the bidding for this team. Both of them will likely be on in the next year - as they are on from time to time. It'll be interesting to hear in hindsight.

If that's true, I'd make a small wager that it gets cancelled.

I'd give them as many preseason games as they want!

As long as regular season ticket holders don't get charged, yes.

And, while all of this is going on we have a great many fans in Canadia. Jon Bon Blowjob shouldn't ruin the names of all Canadians.

Edited by jboyst62

I do find it funny that two of Howard Sterns more popular guests and personal friends are in the bidding for this team. Both of them will likely be on in the next year - as they are on from time to time. It'll be interesting to hear in hindsight.

For those of us who aren't Stern fans, who might those bidders be?

As long as regular season ticket holders don't get charged, yes.

Absolutely, I forgot to mention that.

For those of us who aren't Stern fans, who might those bidders be?

Bon Jovi is a personal friend of Stern. He mentioned earlier this week that he had dinner at his (JBJ's) house this past/last weekend.

He also is somewhat close to Trump as they often intertwine in social circles and occasionally get together - plus, Trump is on the show 3 or 4 times a year. Recently, about a month ago, even. He did discuss ownership of the Bills and the possibility - which he more or less he would only make sound business decisions based on what he thinks if sound business moves / he will only put in an offer for what he thinks the team is worth.

Bon Jovi is a personal friend of Stern. He mentioned earlier this week that he had dinner at his (JBJ's) house this past/last weekend.

He also is somewhat close to Trump as they often intertwine in social circles and occasionally get together - plus, Trump is on the show 3 or 4 times a year. Recently, about a month ago, even. He did discuss ownership of the Bills and the possibility - which he more or less he would only make sound business decisions based on what he thinks if sound business moves / he will only put in an offer for what he thinks the team is worth.

Thanks. Another reason to not like Stern. He keeps questionable company. :lol:

I have no understanding of who has been responsible for what over the last number of years in terms of player evaluation and drafting as among Nix, Whaley and Brandon. Having said that, I am not particularly impressed with Marrone. I can see Whaley staying after the team is purchased, but Marrone could have issues if the team has another losing season.

You aren't alone jahnyc...but I gotta say....

This thread isn't about Brandon or Marrone or Whaley. This thread is about the sale of the team and if it keeps getting derailed I'll keep deleting posts.

You aren't alone jahnyc...but I gotta say....

This thread isn't about Brandon or Marrone or Whaley. This thread is about the sale of the team and if it keeps getting derailed I'll keep deleting posts.

Mea culpa I did edit my post and say this was really the wrong thread for the response. However it is still part and parcel of this thread. It is certainly relevant what happens with existing personnel when the new owner comes aboard. In fact I could argue reasons if Trump or Tommy won then certain people would be very short lived in their positions. I won't but I could.

Bon Jovi concert at the Ralph on February 30th. LOL

lol, but seriously the guy can never come to WNY again and i'm all in favor of a lifetime ban on all of his music. he might have ruined his chances at ever getting a team (he probably couldn't afford one anyhow). just think of the outcry in whatever city he is rumored to be interested in next. he better cut ties with these Toronto snakes asap and distance himself from the NFL for a while and if he's lucky people will one day forget. but not us...

lol, but seriously the guy can never come to WNY again and i'm all in favor of a lifetime ban on all of his music. he might have ruined his chances at ever getting a team (he probably couldn't afford one anyhow). just think of the outcry in whatever city he is rumored to be interested in next. he better cut ties with these Toronto snakes asap and distance himself from the NFL for a while and if he's lucky people will one day forget. but not us...

Hopefully no one from WNY or Bills fans anywhere will add to his wealth .