help, please

Justice

with my own audio, can anybody tell me how that's done? I have most of the games on TIVO, a surround sound system and VCR.

Another thing I need help with. How do I add links to my posts?

I appreciate the help.

Can't help with the audio question, but for a link, go to the site you want to link to, copy the address, and paste into your message. Then hit the "Add Reply" button, and the link will be displayed with an underline.

Sometimes, I can't copy/paste, so I carefully enter them by hand - after writing them down exactly on a piece of paper.

dude... it's really very simple.

1) the VHS tapes you have will need to be played back and captured in real time on your computer... get a Canopus AVDC 100 box for $250 for analog capture into your computer.... expect to consume 10 gigs of hard drive space per hour of high quality video which will be saved as AVI files.

2) I'm not sure what format your TIVO files are in. If they're in Mpeg 2 format, then all you've got to do is transfer those files to your hard drive.

3) Next you'll need non linear editing software that will accept both AVI and Mpeg files on the same editing timeline... I'd suggest Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, but it's a little pricey at around $500 plus, if you have know idea how to edit ... fuggitabout it because the learning curve will be significant. I know Windows movie maker accepts avi files on the timeline... I don't know about mpeg files though.

Another option might be to pick up an analog capture card that captures in mpeg2 format... that way, if tivo is in mpeg2 format then you'll have all the same file types and then the software provided with the card should edit.

4) as far as adding your own audio... be it voice over or music.... just create your voice over in a sound recorder program and drop those voice (wav) files on the video timeline to sync with your video. If your audio is music... rip your music off a cd to wav or mp3 format and drop those on the video timeline to sync with the video... you can also fade up/down the music whenever you need to.

have fun... if you're a novice at this and have no idea what the fug i just said, it's gonna be a long long ride.

Video editing isn't easy. Start reading about it on websites and pick an easier project to begin with.

rec.desktop.video is full of excellent information. However, if you don't know what USENET is....

CW

for harami... probably not.  But, like everything else... the degree of ease or difficulty is relative to one's skill set.  To me, it's fairly easy... but then again I do it almost every day.

219269[/snapback]

Yes, that's what I meant. If he needs to post and say "I have raw footage, now what?" it's going to take awhile to learn the ins and outs.

I remember that it took me about 120 hours to do a simple 3 minute video when I first started. Now I could whip through that in less than a day (excluding CPU render time). It's a relatively steep learning curve.

CW