New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump under $900 million, JBJ under $900 million...this is turning into a Pegula blowout and a disaster for Morgan Stanley's reputation if the goal was to create a bidding war (even if they wanted Pegula to win all along).

Trump under $900 million, JBJ under $900 million...this is turning into a Pegula blowout and a disaster for Morgan Stanley's reputation if the goal was to create a bidding war (even if they wanted Pegula to win all along).

Trump's bid was $1B, no? And it depends on what they were expecting to get for the team. If Pegs pays even $1B, that's good coin. And MS was hamstrung by the the fact that Ralph didn't want the team to move and made that a condition of sale.

Trump's bid was $1B, no? And it depends on what they were expecting to get for the team. If Pegs pays even $1B, that's good coin. And MS was hamstrung by the the fact that Ralph didn't want the team to move and made that a condition of sale.

Is that a fact? How do we know Ralph's widow didn't add that stipulation. Just wondering.

Is that a fact? How do we know Ralph's widow didn't add that stipulation. Just wondering.

It's not a fact, but it's been talked about by Wawrow that Ralph has had chances to move the team and didn't, and he's voted "nay" every time a team wanted to move in the past. I'm not sure why Mary Wilson would necessarily care.

@JohnKryk: My story on Toronto/#BonJovi group indeed resubmitting 1st-round bid for #Bills: http://t.co/NV3QuPhMA8

This time with an ironclad super-dee-duper promise of doing everything they can to keep the team in Buffalo.

And I just saw that a source said Trump's bid was less than $900M. Hopefully that's true and Pegs gets it for far cheaper than $1.3B.

Cheaper than 1.3 but I still think he breaks the current record sale price. Even if he doesn't have to. It's a clout kinda thing I would think. I said it when the initial bid "quotes" came out. Pegula threw his nut bag on the table and told the others "COME AT ME BRAH!!!"

Edited by The Wiz

It's not a fact, but it's been talked about by Wawrow that Ralph has had chances to move the team and didn't, and he's voted "nay" every time a team wanted to move in the past. I'm not sure why Mary Wilson would necessarily care.

Maybe because she wants to honor his wishes? Spouses can be like that. Foremost of which, IMO, is to be remembered. Ralph was about some Ralph. Hence allowing the stadium to be in his name for all these years....like he was some long dead hero. If the team moves he is COMPLETELY forgotten in the new town. Aside from being a trivia question some day about obscure HOF'ers....he will be forgotten. Here? Never.

Cheaper than 1.3 but I still think he breaks the current record sale price. Even if he doesn't have to. It's a clout kinda thing I would think. I said it when the initial bid "quotes" came out. Pegula threw his nut bag on the table and told the others "COME AT ME BRAH!!!"

Sure sounds like it. But I'd rather the sale price not break the record.

Maybe because she wants to honor his wishes? Spouses can be like that. Foremost of which, IMO, is to be remembered. Ralph was about some Ralph. Hence allowing the stadium to be in his name for all these years....like he was some long dead hero. If the team moves he is COMPLETELY forgotten in the new town. Aside from being a trivia question some day about obscure HOF'ers....he will be forgotten. Here? Never.

Yes, that's what I was saying.

Theres some ignorance for you. The country insisted that the Stadium bear his name. Basically as a thank you for his many charitable contributions that he gave Erie County and Buffalo over 50 years.

But carry on

Theres some ignorance for you. The country insisted that the Stadium bear his name. Basically as a thank you for his many charitable contributions that he gave Erie County and Buffalo over 50 years.

But carry on

A question out of curiosity. Did Rich Products only purchase the naming rights for so many years and at the end of the term it shifted to RWS? I guess what I am asking is did Rich not have the option to extend the naming rights? Edited by KevinL

A question out of curiosity. Did Rich Products only purchase the naming rights for so many years and at the end of the term it shifted to RWS?

It was a 25 year deal I believe. It is actually the 1st naming rights deal (at least in the major US sports). The Bills do have the option to sell naming rights as far as I know. I'm about 95% sure on that but have elected not to. The new stadium will certainly have naming rights attached.

But carry on

That's right! And that country was the U..S..and...A....don't you forget it! :lol:

ALLOWING it to be in his name is different than NAMING the stadium after himself. I apologize if you can't see the distinction, my english is limited to meaningful words and phrases.

He had the rights to sell the name of the stadium. He had done so prior. I can remember being 6 years old and thinking it was Rich Stadium because the owner was rich. :thumbsup:

It was a 25 year deal I believe. It is actually the 1st naming rights deal (at least in the major US sports). The Bills do have the option to sell naming rights as far as I know. I'm about 95% sure on that but have elected not to. The new stadium will certainly have naming rights attached.

Thank you

...And you name "the field Ralph Wilson field" to make everyone happy. So it would be "we're at the Geicho Dome for the big game on Ralph Wilson Field..."

This kind of leads me into another topic concerning the lease. Now the buy-out clause makes sense. Assuming that the team is in fact sold to Pegs or another purchaser intent on keeping the team in Buffalo, the clause is there so that someone could move the team across town, not necessarily out of town.

Edited by KevinL