When Will Travis Henry be Traded?

OnTheRocks

Will he be traded before or after the draft?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be traded before or after the draft?

• Before
    • After

I'll say that he will get traded shortly after the FA period begins. There will be a RB or two tagged and another signed quickly. A team that wants to improve their RB situation will cough up enough to make the deal happen. It will also free up $1.02 million on the cap (adjusted for top 51) and allow TD the chance to use that cap space :D

I put after. If we dont get what TD wants he keeps him. Then waits till some teams RB goes down during preseason or the start of the season. Then we make the trade.

Plus if Willis gets hurt during preseason you have Henry to fall back on.

The answer to the poll unfortunately is both. Stability and predictability are the main drivers of the market here. Thus, if the proposed trade partner is near the front end of the draft there is more likelihood the answer is before the draft.

However, if the eventual trade partner is in the middle to end of the first round then likelihood shifts to after draft day because there is still a lot of uncertainty for that partner as to which holes they will be able to fill through the draft. If these teams are uncertain that their RB choice is still going to be around when they pick or they have some other need they likely will fill through the draft then locking up Henry as their RB prospect makes more sense.

My guess is that applying this rationale, most of the potential trade partners have running game problems which caused them to rack up a lot of Ls (Miami for example) and thus they have an earlier pick so my default is to see a trade happen sooner.

There are far too many variable to guess with any accuracy, but my current leading candidate is that we will see a deal done with Miami and this deal will happen before the draft in March after declaration of FA status make the market more clear.

I may be wrong (if TB offers us the ranch and the dog by all means take it) but these are the factors I see leading to this decision:

1. Miami has many needs and trading for a former Pro Bowl RB allows them to address one of them through the trading resources so they can use major draft resources on other needs

They can do this the other way around and draft a top 3 RB and trade for other needs, but there is a former Pro Bowler available in trade and it's probably not as easy to fill other needs through trade. Also quaity RBs can be found late in the draft so using the trade on Henry and picking a plan B RB in the 5th or later makes sense.

2. Travis wants to go back to FL.

3. I think TD is committed to the future being now and the lack of a 2nd rounder for Miami may well make it easier for the Bills to get a vet from Miami in exchange for Henry.

My dream is for the deal to be Henry for McMichael. McMichael is a far more accomplished player in my mind, but he also is headed toward FA status after next year so maybe a mutually cost effective deal can be reached. It probably won't happen without the Bills giving up value in addition to Henry for McMichael, but then I thought the Bledsoe trade could not be done either by TD.

Why would you wait till after?

219130[/snapback]

because it isn't exactly in the Bills control.

teams they want to trade with may not want to make a deal until they see if they are satisfied with their draft.

i agree that i screwed up the poll....there should have been another option for "draft day". That is a very good possibility.

The answer to the poll unfortunately is both.  Stability and predictability are the main drivers of the market here.  Thus, if the proposed trade partner is near the front end of the draft there is more likelihood the answer is before the draft. 

However, if the eventual trade partner is in the middle to end of the first round then likelihood shifts to after draft day because there is still a lot of uncertainty for that partner as to which holes they will be able to fill through the draft.  If these teams are uncertain that their RB choice is still going to be around when they pick or they have some other need they likely will fill through the draft then locking up Henry as their RB prospect makes more sense.

My guess is that applying this rationale, most of the potential trade partners have running game problems which caused them to rack up a lot of Ls (Miami for example) and thus they have an earlier pick so my default is to see a trade happen sooner.

There are far too many variable to guess with any accuracy, but my current leading candidate is that we will see a deal done with Miami and this deal will happen before the draft in March after declaration of FA status make the market more clear.

I may be wrong (if TB offers us the ranch and the dog by all means take it) but these are the factors I see leading to this decision:

1. Miami has many needs and trading for a former Pro Bowl RB allows them to address one of them through the trading resources so they can use major draft resources on other needs

They can do this the other way around and draft a top 3 RB and trade for other needs, but there is a former Pro Bowler available in trade and it's probably not as easy to fill other needs through trade.  Also quaity RBs can be found late in the draft so using the trade on Henry and picking a plan B RB in the 5th or later makes sense.

2. Travis wants to go back to FL.

3. I think TD is committed to the future being now and the lack of a 2nd rounder for Miami may well make it easier for the Bills to get a vet from Miami in exchange for Henry.

My dream is for the deal to be Henry for McMichael.  McMichael is a far more accomplished player in my mind, but he also is headed toward FA status after next year so maybe a mutually cost effective deal can be reached.  It probably won't happen without the Bills giving up value in addition to Henry for McMichael, but then I thought the Bledsoe trade could not be done either by TD.

219200[/snapback]

There new OC values Tight Ends so that scenario does not look good.

The Dolphins and coach Nick Saban snagged their top candidate for offensive coordinator when Scott Linehan joined the team shortly after his contract ran out with Minnesota. The impact of Linehan on the Dolphins roster figures to be intriguing. He loves to play two-tight end, one-back sets slightly reminiscent of the Washington Redskins in the 1980s. That could spell an end to FB Rob Konrad's days with the team, unless he can adapt to playing more of an H-back role like the one Jimmy Kleinsasser plays with the Vikings. Konrad is a good enough receiver and has always been a decent blocker, but his blocking may have to improve if he's on the line more. As for the receiving corps, the new offense could finally help WR Chris Chambers get all of the deep routes he has been asking for. Linehan loves to play a vertical game. . . .