Training Camp tweets & media reports, week 3

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 3m

Leodis McKelvin not practicing at all again today. Looks like he's being shut down this week.

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 52s

One of our readers attended practice on Tuesday night. Here's his thorough practice report: http://www.buffaloru...or-8-5 …

-Complete play by play above. Apparently there were several drops and whiffs by the OL as well as several TDs and good throws by EJ. Who would have thought? I wasn't there, but interesting to read nonetheless.-

Andy Young@AndyTWCNews 20s

#Bills practice underway here at Fisher. Final tuneup before Friday's preseason game at Carolina. #BillsCamp pic.twitter.com/YXFDQ2ulPH

BuX7pbBCUAAwphm.jpg

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 2m

Da'Norris Searcy still isn't at practice today for the #Bills for personal reasons.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Bills not practicing Wednesday: McKelvin (hip), Searcy (personal), Legursky (back), Coughman (oblique)

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Well said, its all about putting a hat on a hat and winning your battle.

We are bigger, faster, stronger and more talented then we have been in years.

Out physical your opponent...

Wanny is that you?

One of our readers attended practice on Tuesday night. Here's his thorough practice report: http://www.buffaloru...or-8-5 …

-Complete play by play above. Apparently there were several drops and whiffs by the OL as well as several TDs and good throws by EJ. Who would have thought? I wasn't there, but interesting to read nonetheless.

Interesting. Wasn't nearly as bad as some people would have you believe . At one point during 11-on-11 in the red zone Manuel threw 3 TD passes in a row.

-Complete play by play above. Apparently there were several drops and whiffs by the OL as well as several TDs and good throws by EJ. Who would have thought? I wasn't there, but interesting to read nonetheless.-

a few things about the recap. why are we running reverses, counters, or jets with Hogan. I understood his snap count early on, but this might be the final push i need to seriously start questioning the staff with moves like this. We have CJ, and Sammy, those two are the ones that get those plays. Hell even Mike Williams. It just seems so forced.

I also noticed, at least on yesterday, our stable of RB's seem to be more productive than CJ at camp. He just seems to keep getting stuffed. I wish we would get him in space. Maybe run the ball out of a 4-5 wide set, even having EJ under center. Nothing too crazy.

Somebody noted the simplicity of the playbook. A few things with the, "just beat your man" school of thought. One we saw that on defense with Wanny, not sure why we are so accepting of it from Hackett. Two in all of the all 22 video last year, it seemed there were very few play calls, where the play isn't complicated, but with varying degrees of depth from the receivers, or receivers moving in opposite directions. This isn't a complicated task. The most mind blowing play call last year was 3rd and 1, with 4 wide, we run 4 effing go routes. Christ. Manuel needs to step up, but we need an NFL caliber OC. If Hackett were let go this offseason, he wouldn't be offered any HC position of a top 25 program, I think that says a lot.

Good news:

Robyn Mundy@wyobilzfan 2m

All is well w/the Searcy family. He will be back at camp tonight. Baby wants to come early but they hope to wait a couple more weeks :)

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 47s

Robert Woods beat Stephon Gilmore for a TD to start one-on-ones. Marrone had a long chat with Woods after the walk through this morning.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 1m

Kevin Elliott with the prettiest catchup 7-on-7 reaching high over his head deep down the left sideline from Tuel. #Bills

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 1m

Another big play from Robert Woods over Stephon Gilmore, this time in 11-on-11 while working with the first team opposite Sammy Watkins.

Andy Young@AndyTWCNews 1m

Maybe the best pass I've seen Manuel throw all camp. Bootleg and hit a strike to Woods guarded by Gilmore on the sidelines. #BillsCamp

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 1m

#Bills S Derek Brim has gone to the locker room with a trainer

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Stevenson Sylvester getting first team reps at WLB today. Bradham comes on with second team

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 2m

Meeks meets Rodriguez in hole for big pop. Got some oohs from fans. #Bills

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 47s

Big hits, bump-and-run press coverage the name of the game at #BillsCamp today. #compete

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 10s

DL Landon Cohen with back to back plays. Got a sack then tackle for loss on run play due to great penetration. #Bills

Buffalo Sports Guy@716SportsGuy 3m

Sounds like Robert Woods is making a lot of plays today. As I said last night, competition is a great thing. Breeds extra motivation.

Jonah Javad@JonahJavad 1m

Another uninspiring start to #Bills practice. Robert Woods with a few nice catches. Could easily be team's leading receiver this season.

During spec teams segment Dareus schooling up Stefan Charles on playing angles vs OL. #Bills pic.twitter.com/xGMhM2g6NN

BuYQdiWIgAE7fJY.jpg

Jonah Javad@JonahJavad Aug 4

It's easy to dream. Though, it's harder to live it. That's why @sammywatkins does it for the ambition. Video: http://www.wgrz.com/videos/sports/nfl/bills/2014/08/03/13559085/ … #Bills

He did it! Sal said something nice.

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 33s

Watching Sammy Watkins pluck balls out of the air is a thing of beauty. What a pair of mitts on that guy. #bills

Ha - after I unfollowed him!

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Trainers looking at Beandon Spikes' groin. He had been grabbing at it last set of 11-11s

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 37s

EJ just got picked off by Corey Graham on pass in which he never looked off Watkins. #BillsCamp

Thad Lewis the first man through on backup quarterback reps today. #Bills

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 43s

Spikes is back in with the defense. Limping back to sideline after next set of reps

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 44s

Big cheer goes up for guy carrying Bon Jovi-Free Zone sign in stands.

He did it! Sal said something nice.

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 33s

Watching Sammy Watkins pluck balls out of the air is a thing of beauty. What a pair of mitts on that guy. #bills

Less than 5 min later:

Sal Maiorana @salmaiorana

Of course if Manuel throws passes like the one he just had picked, lessens Watkins chances of plucking those balls