It's pretty obvious that the 2014 Bills will be smashmouth.

We will lead the league in rushing yards.

Boy, you're really steppin' out there, we were second last year.

We may lead the league in rushing yards on both sides if that pathetic performance against the Giants was any indication.

A hurry-up offense is not good news for a defense that can't stop the run.

there's no doubt that Whaley is building this team to mimic the Pittsburgh Steelers. huge linemen, big QB, great defense, smashmouth football. the focus this past offseason was getting LB's to help stuff the run. i think the 1st team reps on Sunday showed that teams aren't going to run on us this year. but the NFL is changing and is now a pass first league. i don't know if this type of philosophy will still work. i'm concerned about those short intermediary passes. the Giants had some success dinking the ball off as we brought 8 in the box to stop the run. we need corners that can bump n run and play man up. and the biggest question mark is still EJ and getting the ball to our playmakers

there's no doubt that Whaley is building this team to mimic the Pittsburgh Steelers. huge linemen, big QB, great defense, smashmouth football. the focus this past offseason was getting LB's to help stuff the run. i think the 1st team reps on Sunday showed that teams aren't going to run on us this year. but the NFL is changing and is now a pass first league. i don't know if this type of philosophy will still work. i'm concerned about those short intermediary passes. the Giants had some success dinking the ball off as we brought 8 in the box to stop the run. we need corners that can bump n run and play man up. and the biggest question mark is still EJ and getting the ball to our playmakers

I think it is important to note that our starting corners were not playing in this game

I think it is important to note that our starting corners were not playing in this game

Yes that is certainly worth noting and hopefully the starters do a much better job at stopping those quick passes. With the new "no contact past 5 yrds" rule being strictly enforced this year, it's going to be vital that the corners lock up with the receivers at the line of scrimmage and stop them from releasing

i would also like to point out that the bills starting d-line left after two series, along with the previously mentioned absense of our two best cbs. when eli manning gets completely stifled by your starters, i'm less worried about what he does to the 2nd and 3rd stringers

Yawn

I think this is a very insightful thread that RTL has started here. The Bills have a young undeveloped QB and questionable backups. They need to play a high percentage offense. Run the ball and make high percentage throws. Master these things first. The Bills don't yet have a QB on their roster that can beat a team the way the great ones do. Run the damn ball!

Boy, you're really steppin' out there, we were second last year.

We may lead the league in rushing yards on both sides if that pathetic performance against the Giants was any indication.

A hurry-up offense is not good news for a defense that can't stop the run.

Yeah because our first team defense dominating them on two drives and then the Giants running all over our second and third string guys with their entire first team offense still out there is a real indication of what our rush defense will look like this year. This board has become unreadable over the last week. Unbelievable.

Edited by Mark80