Positive #1 last night - we have very real depth on the o-line

Yeah, but all those batted balls. It's a real concern...

We get it, you disagree with John.

I think it's quite encouraging to see how strong both our offensive and defensive lines are becoming. When was the last time we could say that?

I think it's quite encouraging to see how strong both our offensive and defensive lines are becoming. When was the last time we could say that?

I agree Rubes. Henderson looks solid too.

I'm not so sure Coach Marrone agrees. In his post game PC he said Kuondijo and another Tackle (can't remember the name) "have a lot of work to do, a lot." He didn't sound too impressed with our OL. But then again, he maybe was just doing the coach reverse psychology thing.

Thank you for finding a positive, of which there were a few last night. The O-line, D-line, Duke Williams, Woods and Tuel showing a stronger grasp of the O were chief amongst though. Because he is the starting QB and he didn't go 6-7, EJ will get the majority of the attention, but that's pretty standard.

I think it took Cyrus a quarter to adjust to the speed and pace of the game. After that, he played pretty well. Seantrell looked good from the start. Cyril Richardson came along. This was their first action against total strangers, and I think they adjusted well.

I don't think that Marrone was happy at all with anybody because they lost the game. What he should be looking at is evaluating personnel. Who cares if we win a preseason game? Although we should have won this game. We tossed two picks in the end zone and gave up a ridiculous bomb. Otherwise, we had them by the short hairs.

D line was ready last year. O line needs an injury free year that we all hope will lead to some long awaited continuity. Most will agree, it's not far from one of the most important components to championship football. We, as Bills fans, should know from our Super Bowl teams especially. House Ballard ring a bell? Hull, Richter... the fact alone that JPP struggled against a 1st gamer could indicate some good things for us.

I think that's a very coachable issue. Maybe that's why Marrone was so quick to mention it. They weren't perfect by any means, but I'd be more concerned with holding penalties, not being able to anchor against a bull rush, etc.

We've got some big-azzed dudes on the OLine now. They need some coaching up, and Maronne needs to find his starters soon and get them working together as much as possible. I hope our starters play for at least the first quarter this weekend.

The O-line is not without its flaws, but that is true of any team. The fact remains the O line looks as promising for this team as it has looked in a long time. And indeed, that is something to celebrate.

The starting D unit last night looked strong and ready to play as well. Which is obviously another good sign.

I'm glad that someone brought this up.

I thought the O-Line, overall, was great last night. Including the second unit. Legursky looked pretty good at Center.

Kouandjio was a big disappointment, and we still need to get better with our run blocking up the middle.

Having said that, the pass protection was great. Manuel & Tuel had lots of time to throw.

I know it's early, but this was a very encouraging sign.

Kujo had the unfortunate timing to have his worst two snaps of the night (and they were bad) highlighted by the NBC crew. Otherwise, he was pretty solid. Still a work in progress, but rookie O-linemen generally are.

I love the Henderson story; not that a guy who became lazy and entitled in college can now experience success, but the fact he had to experience some low lows and has been given a second chance.

Cyril Richardson looked good last night also.

If Glenn really will be coming back at full strength by the Chicago game, there are lots of reasons to be excited about the strength and depth of the OL.

I agree. As long as EJ starts looking like a starting QB by game 3, we'll be fine. The running game looked ot have promise, the o-line, and of course the defense. We didn't have a couple guys in the secondary, and C Glenn.

I'm not panicking on EJ, but he better get his timing down in the next couple of games. They need to keep him in there longer moving forward. I'd play him the entire half in games 1, 2, and 3, and then sit him after one series in the last game.

We've got some big-azzed dudes on the OLine now. They need some coaching up, and Maronne needs to find his starters soon and get them working together as much as possible. I hope our starters play for at least the first quarter this weekend.

keep in mind, nobody else has had a game yet. consider friday PS game #1

If Glenn really will be coming back at full strength by the Chicago game, there are lots of reasons to be excited about the strength and depth of the OL.

I just wish there was more information available on Glenn. I know he is entitled to his privacy so I guess we sit and wait. It just seems very odd that this is such a complete mystery.

t is . i did not know that it was the O line men who had the responsiblity to keep a defenders hands strapped when the pass is scheduled to come out.

I guess timing IS everything. !

I'm not so sure Coach Marrone agrees. In his post game PC he said Kuondijo and another Tackle (can't remember the name) "have a lot of work to do, a lot." He didn't sound too impressed with our OL. But then again, he maybe was just doing the coach reverse psychology thing.

There is no reverse phych thing going on . Hes pissed the guys are not perfect yet. He should be . i love this Guy as a coach. During the game he started to get pissed off . Its the first preseason game and he going talk about winning every contest.

It would n't be a big deal i guess but he really f'n means it. i am a good judge of character , i can assure you.

love Coach

keep in mind, nobody else has had a game yet. consider friday PS game #1

Feet wet. feels good .

next up .

After one particular play (I can't remeber which one), you could clearly read Marrone's lips as he addressed one of the officials as a "F****ng A****le." I very much like his intensity. It's night and day compared to Skeletor and the Good Ol' Boy.

A few other positives that I have not seen mentioned by people here:

Only two penalties total and this for the first preseason game. Remarkable. Apparently, too, the referees were watching closely

for defensive holding. The Giants were called for this several times.

When you add onto this - as the title of this thread suggests - depth on the offensive line and -- YOUTH -- this underscores

even more how well the offensive line performed.

Encouraging.

After one particular play (I can't remeber which one), you could clearly read Marrone's lips as he addressed one of the officials as a "F****ng A****le." I very much like his intensity. It's night and day compared to Skeletor and the Good Ol' Boy.

I saw that too. I think it was the illegal hands to the face call on one of our DLinemen and it negated Preston Brown's int.