Cyrus Kouandjio's first game

Chris Trapasso broke down his snaps - separated into run/pass and positive/negative:

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 22m

Wanting to dive into his individual performance, I re-watched all of Cyrus Kouandjio’s snaps last evening. I came away with the following…

Run Snaps – pic.twitter.com/iGu8sM12OO

Positive - 1,2,3,4,5 (set edge away from run), 6,7,8,9 (successful chop block)

Negative - 1 (made initial contact, then lunged). 2 (didn't drive back DE on short run)

Pass Snaps – pic.twitter.com/ZUac95Wp7E

Positive - 1, 2 (driven back but anchored), 3 (set edge, found 2nd defender), 4,5,6,7,8,,9 (almost a hurry), 10 (helped by RB chip), 11,12,13,14 (helped by RB chip), 14 (successful double team), 15 (anchored well), 16 (mainly contained), 17 (anchored well, potentially held near end of play)

Negative - 1 (sack) 2 (scramble),3 (slightly beaten outside but quick pass), 4,5 (won on outside originally, lost balance, QB ran into DE)

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 10m

Kouandjio has long way to go & was beaten by outside-in move 2x in a row. But other than that, he had a pretty sound evening v. 2nd/3rd team

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 7m

Sidenote: There were three snaps ( two pass, one run ) in which Kouandjio wasn't involved in the play / didn't really have to block anyone.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, he played like a rookie in his first preseason game with some hints of the potential to develop. I know we wanted him to come in and look like a day one starter, but I think people are jumping the gun on already calling him a bust. So he's not Kiko Alonso, not many second round picks are.

So, he played like a rookie in his first preseason game with some hints of the potential to develop. I know we wanted him to come in and look like a day one starter, but I think people are jumping the gun on already calling him a bust. So he's not Kiko Alonso, not many second round picks are.

Aside from 2-3 whiffs while people were still watching (and he got called out on by the announcers), he was OK.

I don't think anyone is calling him a bust but it is fair to compare him with his fellow rookie 7th rounder who is coming on much better. It is totally fine to let CK have adequate development time, but if SentrealH shows he is NFL ready, give the man a chance over the 2nd rounder. (Note I know they play different positions, but some players are movable and where CyrusK gets slotted makes a difference as to how the other G and T positions are filled)

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Lets just be glad that at this point CK will *have* time to develop because Seantrel Henderson looked quite comfortable against the Giants 1st string D. If he can keep it together, he may be the steal of this draft.

Henderson was great last night. When we get Cordy back and move Henderson to the RT spot that's a lot of beef up front. Not down on Cyrus but as mentioned above Henderson is ahead.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

I don't think anyone is calling him a bust but it is fair to compare him with his fellow rookie 7th rounder who is coming on much better. It is totally fine to let CK have adequate development time, but if SentrealH shows he is NFL ready, give the man a chance over the 2nd rounder. (Note I know they play different positions, but some players are movable and where CyrusK gets slotted makes a difference as to how the other G and T positions are filled)

Hopefully Glenn returns ASAP from this mystery illness, and Henderson and Glenn are the starting tackles. Henderson was stuffing Pierre-Paul all night.

I loved his fumble recovery. Really attacked that ball.

That was a great play. He was playing to the whistle (and one of the few people still on his feet) and flew to the ball. I had to go back and re-watch that a couple times.

If we get one starter -quality guy between Henderson and Kou, we should be happy. Draft is a crap shoot.

eg. James Hardy was a disaster but Stevie was really good. Never know until they get to this level. Kou's knee may ultimately do him in. Worth a shot on both of them.

Kouandjio should be assessed on his own. He's not playing the same position as Henderson and doesn't have the same skill set. It's great that Henderson shows promise. Let's let CK develop on his own timetable. No rush here - we have options.

He looks like he's limping a bit or favoring his left leg. I know, I know, the reports about his knee were bunk - but I'm telling you he looks like he's having trouble moving around. Could be my imagination.

He is not a natural athlete at all. He really lumbers around out there. Even when just jogging around. You hate to say it about a pro athlete but he just looks spastic and uncoordinated

Kouandjio should be assessed on his own. He's not playing the same position as Henderson and doesn't have the same skill set. It's great that Henderson shows promise. Let's let CK develop on his own timetable. No rush here - we have options.

My point was that if Henderson earns a starting job over CK, the OL could look like Glenn-Williams-Wood-Hairston-Henderson.

If CK>SH, then it is likely Glenn-CK-Wood-Urbik-Hairston

So who develops faster matters to the line as a whole

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Dumb question - can he play guard?

It's not a dumb question at all. Watching him last night, I thought to myself, put him in the box. He seems lost in space (his pass pro move looks like he is performing a judo routine at the air), but when he locks onto the defender it's game over.

It's not a dumb question at all. Watching him last night, I thought to myself, put him in the box. He seems lost in space (his pass pro move looks like he is performing a judo routine at the air), but when he locks onto the defender it's game over.

It's not an indictment on him if he starts out at G. The Rams are putting Greg Robinson there to start, I know there have been others. Marrone loves to tinker with the OL. Will be interesting.