OK, I would literally crap myself if I saw that flying at my car

Beerball

I once had a riding lawnmower hit my windshield.

I was on my way to work. Traveling about 40-45 mph. There was a pickup truck driving in the other direction; same speed. He had a riding lawn mower in the bed of his truck. I saw it coming out. Not sure how or why (obviously it was not secured). Next thing I know it's landing directly in front of my car. I turned hard to the right and the lawnmower hit my side of the windshield, then shattered my driver's side window and proceeded to rip the entire side of my car (1999 Jetta - brand new) open like a can opener.

I ended up with a mouthful of glass and a bloody face and arm from the shards of glass; otherwise uninjured. I was kind of in shock. Took an ambulance to the hospital but was released within a couple hours.

He got tickets out the ass. It did over $8K of damage to the car, which did not total it. So we had to wait about 2.5 months while it was being fixed.

In the paper the next day, there was a picture ... of the !@#$ing lawnmower.

He got a ticket for failure to secure loose cargo? If it was secure it wouldn't have been loose!

I took a large piece of a truck tire through the windshield once. You don't have time to **** yourself while it's coming, trust me.

My family and I were headed to Florida about 3-4 years ago. I was just about to pass a tractor trailer on 81 in NY. I noticed last second that the wheel in the rear of the trailer was sliding out of the axel. Both tires on that set slid out one tire went under the trailer and the driver cleaverly rode it to a stop but the other continued past the front of my vehicle narrowly missing me. Then flew across the medium to the oncoming traffic just missing another vehicle coming the opposite direction. Could have been devastating.

I once had a riding lawnmower hit my windshield.

I was on my way to work. Traveling about 40-45 mph. There was a pickup truck driving in the other direction; same speed. He had a riding lawn mower in the bed of his truck. I saw it coming out. Not sure how or why (obviously it was not secured). Next thing I know it's landing directly in front of my car. I turned hard to the right and the lawnmower hit my side of the windshield, then shattered my driver's side window and proceeded to rip the entire side of my car (1999 Jetta - brand new) open like a can opener.

I ended up with a mouthful of glass and a bloody face and arm from the shards of glass; otherwise uninjured. I was kind of in shock. Took an ambulance to the hospital but was released within a couple hours.

He got tickets out the ass. It did over $8K of damage to the car, which did not total it. So we had to wait about 2.5 months while it was being fixed.

In the paper the next day, there was a picture ... of the !@#$ing lawnmower.

well, that's splains a couple things. Still many unanswered though...

He got a ticket for failure to secure loose cargo? If it was secure it wouldn't have been loose!

My family and I were headed to Florida about 3-4 years ago. I was just about to pass a tractor trailer on 81 in NY. I noticed last second that the wheel in the rear of the trailer was sliding out of the axel. Both tires on that set slid out one tire went under the trailer and the driver cleaverly rode it to a stop but the other continued past the front of my vehicle narrowly missing me. Then flew across the medium to the oncoming traffic just missing another vehicle coming the opposite direction. Could have been devastating.

"Median." Unless you're in Louisiana, then they apparently call it the "Neutral Zone." To keep the Romulans off the road, I guess...

I've been next to a truck when they had a tire blow and disintegrate. Fortunately, the tire shrapnel scatters behind, not next to, the truck...but it's still pretty damned pants-shitting.

glad you are OK - do you really think they would want your mug in the paper?

Ha! No, but at least the damn car!!!

The funny thing ((now) (this happened in 1999)) - A couple nice people pulled over to see if they could help before the ambulance go there. I sat frozen in my seat. One woman was a nurse who had a bottle of water and let me swish the glass shards out. Another had a cell phone and asked if I needed to call anyone. I called my wife .... mind you, we were newlyweds at the time .... and told her, "I've been in an accident and I'm on my way to the hospital soon; I'm okay, but meet me at Glens Falls Hospital," to which she replied, "IN MY BRAND NEW CAR?!?!?!"

I tell that story in her presence as often as I can.

The funny thing ((now) (this happened in 1999)) - A couple nice people pulled over to see if they could help before the ambulance go there. I sat frozen in my seat. One woman was a nurse who had a bottle of water and let me swish the glass shards out. Another had a cell phone and asked if I needed to call anyone. I called my wife .... mind you, we were newlyweds at the time .... and told her, "I've been in an accident and I'm on my way to the hospital soon; I'm okay, but meet me at Glens Falls Hospital," to which she replied, "IN MY BRAND NEW CAR?!?!?!"

What'd she say when you answered "Yeah...I got hit by a lawn mower."

I tell that story in her presence as often as I can.

We have our differences but our wives think the same way. Glad you lived for me to curse at over the Internet 15 years later.

I was walking down Broadway downtown in NYC once and a hubcap (or something that looked like one) flew off a bus, just missed me by inches. it bounced down the street hit a store window and smashed it, then into the store it went breaking everything in sight. I couldn't believe there was no gate on the storefront, not lucky hah! It was like 2 am and alarms started ringing like crazy, the bus didn't know or chose not to stop, so I made it out of there quick. If it would have happened during the day, death to at least one or more people. You never know when you numbers up.