Best ever instrumental piece that originated in a Broadway Musical?

Beerball

Oddly enough, I was going to start a "favorite musical" thread, because I am a musical theatre nerd.

I regret to this day that I did not see Spamalot, but i very much enjoyed The Lion King. Tommy can be good but it seems like people often try too hard on it.

I cannot stand Rent or Wicked. Both are awful. Rent is disgusting. Wicked, my gosh no.

I haven't seen the South Park one but do not know if I want to see it.

I hate rent; absolutely hate it.

I thought wicked was clever, but with only 1 good song.

I am partial to more of the classics (rogers/Hammerstein, etc.). Even though it's cliche, les mis is my favorite modern era musical.

Oklahoma, West Side Story = classics.

Nothing else compares to those two.

The Lion King is fun, well done. But, without the movie i do not think it would have ever existed.

Very underrated yet great musical is "sunset boulevard." I think it is an Andrew Lloyd weber. Great score and about 3-4 epic songs.

I saw that in Toronto I think in 1996. It starred Diahann Carroll...............She was OK, but the male lead was this guy named Rex Smith. I used to mock out my sister for having his albums in the 70s or 80s - he was a pretty boy Rick Springfield type..........But, I had to tell her, I was wrong. He was awesome in this play!

Jesus Christ Superstar!

Who in the world do you think you are?

We played that LP all the time when we were kids, I probably knew every word on it when I was 8 years old. Those were some seriously funky tunes.

Edited by KD in CT