What do we do with Henderson?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a somewhat related concern, seen this happen a number of times of the years, Glenn comes back, kind of rushed back, and gets some type of season ending injury. Would the same thing have happened if he had been in training camp all season, who knows. So wouldn't shock me to see Henderson become the starting LT for the bulk of the season by default. Long term, would be a good thing for the team. He could become the next Jason Peters, kind of comes out of nowhere to become the starting LT. In this case, it's not exactly nowhere, there is a bit of a story behind it all.

it seems to me they are not rushing Glenn back. So hopefully no injury.

The consensus seems to be seantrel is playing like the second round pick and kuondijio like the 7th round pick.

As a Tide fan, I warned you guys about Koundjio. In 2012, he was the 4th best player on the Crimson Tide OL. Yes, 4th best.

I am not saying that he won't get better. He might, and he is a great kid from what I have heard.

I am pulling for this kid in a huge way but I suspect he needs some work, which isn't unusual.

My watch list has comparison between Brown & Borland. I really wanted Borland but Brown is bigger and will probably be more durable & consistent in the NFL.

different players in different systems . Borland a much better fit for SF than Schwartz's D.

As a Tide fan, I warned you guys about Koundjio. In 2012, he was the 4th best player on the Crimson Tide OL. Yes, 4th best.

I am not saying that he won't get better. He might, and he is a great kid from what I have heard.

I am pulling for this kid in a huge way but I suspect he needs some work, which isn't unusual.

did you email Russ Brandon about this?

Cyrus, Richardson and Henderson are all giant homo sapiens with tons of natural ability. Coming from college to pro is a big adjustment. There is a learning curve, and they are approaching the bend. Henderson was the USA Today Offensive Player of the Year as a high school senior, so he is likely the best athlete of the 3. Maybe that's why he is ahead of the others....he's just a better athlete. However, the other two are still studs, and will eventually adjust to the Big Boy game and be starters for years to come.

That's my prediction.

Henderson definitely has the most natural ability of the 3. Like you said he was a top recruit out of high school. He has the prototypical size and even good technique.

I think the best way I saw him summed up was "top 10 talent, camp fodder brain." If the coaching staff can keep him focused, he could be a Jason Peters like steal.

Oh you're a Tide fan? That explains everything about your Gilmore feelings ;)

All jokes aside I also was not a fan of the Kouandijo pick...I hope the switch flips for him in the next few weeks

way too early to address this.... by end of season they will know more about where he fits, mainly because guys will go down with injury, he will get slotted in and then they will really see what he can and can't do

Way too early to even speculate... he's just a big athletic body finding his way through his first NFL camp at this point

Henderson definitely has the most natural ability of the 3. Like you said he was a top recruit out of high school. He has the prototypical size and even good technique.

I think the best way I saw him summed up was "top 10 talent, camp fodder brain." If the coaching staff can keep him focused, he could be a Jason Peters like steal.

I have heard this a great deal. The man has enormous physical talent. From what I can tell, the only reason he fell so far were off the field issues. So far, he seems to be "getting it" like Da'Rick never did. Time will tell of course, but I would love to see him in the right side when they get to 2nd and 3rd teamers.

As I've been thinking about it, I would love to see him supplant Pears while Kujo gets brought along. Kujo is the prototypical "road grader", Glenn is an above average LT, and if Henderson can be a good swing to spell those two out...

different players in different systems . Borland a much better fit for SF than Schwartz's D.

did you email Russ Brandon about this?

I email "Russ" and "Doug" all the time, we chat about personnel, scheme, and strategy. I've seen several of my game plans implemented over the years. Mostly wins I might add.

I think we will keep Glenn, Williams, wood, Urbick, Pears, Richardson, koundijo and Henderson. IMO Hairston should make it but I'm afraid his only chance might be if Glenn goes to IR.

I think we will keep Glenn, Williams, wood, Urbick, Pears, Richardson, koundijo and Henderson. IMO Hairston should make it but I'm afraid his only chance might be if Glenn goes to IR.

I strongly disagree. At Bama, Fluker and Warmack were the road graders. Koundjio played LT and is somewhat agile.

I truly hope that he can produce for the Bills.

Just seeing him move in person at camp, he doesn't move well. Looks sloppy and uncoordinated. To be fair he is massive and most guys that big are like that. Just didn't look like a great natural athlete.

There is a chance they keep Hairston and dump Richardson. I'm not sure if he lost the weight and is in shape. He was 15 lbs too heavy so we'll see. I can see him going to the PS. Then again, they may move on from Pears or Urbick. Hairston if healthy can play either tackle spot, and is working out at guard. The thing i wonder with him is will he stay healthy with the back. A back issue for a lineman is cryptonite. Ask ross tucker who's now on NFL Radio.

Lastly, SJDK, were you doing your "Jimmy Two Times" imitation from Goodfellas. "Get the papers, get the papers"