Paul George (graphic)

FireChan

Wow! If anyone is squeamish do not look at the video or pictures. It's gruesomely similar to Louisville's Kevin Wares leg injury a couple years back. Just terrible. Hopefully he can get back to basketball someday but it'll be a tough road. Best wishes to Paul George.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Career altering injury. He was just shy of being an elite player in the league. Who knows what he will be when he returns. I've seen a 6-8 month minimum timetable out there already. That's just too bad.

Career altering injury. He was just shy of being an elite player in the league. Who knows what he will be when he returns. I've seen a 6-8 month minimum timetable out there already. That's just too bad.

luckily for him he has signed a huge contract which is guaranteed in the NBA and should be just fine financially. Still really sucks for him and everyone really, but if this were football he'd be SOL.

Luckily, there haven't been a ton of these gruesome injuries, but I can't remember anybody at his level having one............So, I'm really wondering how he'll come back. The area of the leg and what it looked like - looked like Theisman's. And, he never played again. HE was very good, but was older.........I wonder how a top player like George - in his prime - will fare............I hope he gets to at least 95%.

Luckily, there haven't been a ton of these gruesome injuries, but I can't remember anybody at his level having one............So, I'm really wondering how he'll come back. The area of the leg and what it looked like - looked like Theisman's. And, he never played again. HE was very good, but was older.........I wonder how a top player like George - in his prime - will fare............I hope he gets to at least 95%.

Soft tissue damage is really the only thing that would limit his athleticism, and reports are that there is none. His broken leg should actually be stronger after it heals. The biggest thing going forward will be the mental issues associated with such a gruesome injury.

Soft tissue damage is really the only thing that would limit his athleticism, and reports are that there is none. His broken leg should actually be stronger after it heals. The biggest thing going forward will be the mental issues associated with such a gruesome injury.

That's really good news. Thanks!