Best ever Metal remake? What's yours?

Amazingly, some of these songs REALLY work banjo-ified...

For the most part a well written song transcends genre. The mechanics attached to certain instruments can make them more adaptable, but broadly speaking music really is universal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JLdSbeB_U

this lady doing anything for ya?

Yes. Yes she does.

My ex wife was here to pick up one of the kids, and she came out while I was watching this video. Tool and A Perfect Circle are her favorite bands. She also has beautiful long dark hair and a gorgeous smile. And she plays guitar. :-( too bad drugs ruined her life. She is supposedly clean at the moment, and lookin pretty good.

I had no idea that this was a cover song.

End of contest. Best metal remake of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-HCHCuHMg

back in the day i was a huge metallica fan and this was one of my favorite songs. still like it a lot. but best ever metal remake? i can't agree with that. i can definitely respect it, i just can't agree with it.

having said all that, i cannot narrow it down to one favorite. too many outside factors involved, like what the hell kind of mood are you in when someone asks you that question!

I had no idea that this was a cover song.

End of contest. Best metal remake of all time!

Diamond Head had a lot of great material. Certainly would be at or near top of my list of bands that never got their due or lived up to their potential. I'd read that when other thrash metal acts were getting signed by major labels, they were self managed by the Singer's mom .... Could have something to do with it?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Question. Why did my last post embed the YouTube video, but none of my others did? I posted them all from my phone. Same procedure - copy url link, paste.

When doing multiples, you have to wait a little bit. Especially if it merges with your previous post. Its all about conservation and the compartmentalization of the board. Don't be a resource hog... ;-P ;-P

Make sure you take the "S" out of Https:// too...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJrz1yofoKg

this is a great cover of a great old tune. can't say it's the best ever but certainly one of my favorites.

I saw Machine Head do this on the last Metallica tour - they do a very good version of this song, but it has to be one of the most covered metal songs of all time. I enjoy Corridor of Covers on SiriusXM Liquid Metal - all kinds of neat stuff there (who knew Slayer did In A Godda Da Vida?) - one of these days they should do an entire show of Hallowed Be Thy Name covers - I think they could dig up enough versions to fill the show - Iced Earth, Cradle of Filth, Dream Theater are just some of the ones I've heard.

I saw Machine Head do this on the last Metallica tour - they do a very good version of this song, but it has to be one of the most covered metal songs of all time. I enjoy Corridor of Covers on SiriusXM Liquid Metal - all kinds of neat stuff there (who knew Slayer did In A Godda Da Vida?) - one of these days they should do an entire show of Hallowed Be Thy Name covers - I think they could dig up enough versions to fill the show - Iced Earth, Cradle of Filth, Dream Theater are just some of the ones I've heard.

i have a real soft spot for iron maiden. i grew up with the "live after death" album always being played, loved it. i checked out the iron maiden tribute album a while ago and was incredibly underwhelmed. but i love machine head and i think they did a really good job with that song.