Guess what's being banned in prison?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Did you notice the "Clinton-esque" ability of the governor to say two different things at the same time?

"Our penitentiaries are punitive institutions where those who have committed crimes against society are sent to pay for their actions.

and then...

In prison, inmates should "pick up skills and abilities that will allow them to go back out into society and be productive citizens," Blunt said.

So guv, are the wardens/guards there to punish the prisoners or rehabilitate them? Most people like ask, "Can't they do both?" Yeah, sure. It's easy. :)

I'm sure the guards that have to deal with this scum were happy to let them play video games all day. It kept them occupied and from fashioning weapons. I guess it's back to the weight room.

Weight rooms are the things that should be banned in prisons. I'd rather they get stupid and lazy playing video games. If you don't want to give them cop killer games, let them play Super Mario.

Easy PR move for the Gov. Too good to pass up.

Weight rooms are the things that should be banned in prisons.  I'd rather they get stupid and lazy playing video games.  If you don't want to give them cop killer games, let them play Super Mario.

Easy PR move for the Gov.  Too good to pass up.

219739[/snapback]

Yeah, I was actually going to recommend that they be allowed to play 'em, but they only get games like Elevator Action or Donkey Kong Country.

Weight rooms are the things that should be banned in prisons.  I'd rather they get stupid and lazy playing video games.  If you don't want to give them cop killer games, let them play Super Mario.

Easy PR move for the Gov.  Too good to pass up.

219739[/snapback]

Or you could give them children's learning games, so they could read and write at an 8th grade level when they finally get out - just like the majority of our public high school graduates.

Or you could give them children's learning games, so they could read and write at an 8th grade level when they finally get out - just like the majority of our public high school graduates.

219749[/snapback]

8th grade??? You must live in one of those "rich" towns! I can't remember the last time I heard someone talking on the subway that could pass an eighth grade language exam. :)

8th grade???  You must live in one of those "rich" towns!  I can't remember the last time I heard someone talking on the subway that could pass an eighth grade language exam.  :)

219787[/snapback]

Oh, they've dumbed down the requirement. We're not talking 8th grade when we went through.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
8th grade???  You must live in one of those "rich" towns!  I can't remember the last time I heard someone talking on the subway that could pass an eighth grade language exam.  :doh:

219787[/snapback]

Frank Sinatra used his father as an example in one of his acts:

"Now mind you, my father was a graduate of English at Rutgers University, a college graduate. And he said to me, Whads da matta wid you? Don't you know nuttin?"

Proves that some people just can't get away from their roots :doh: