Hogan

The Wiz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you are pro-TJ, anti CJ? Ohhhkaaaay.

i never said I was pro TJ. I was simply stating that a player that has actually made this team in the past and started at the position has a much better chance of making the team than a camp body that's used for STs.

So it's Watkins and Williams on the outside, and Woods, Hogan, and Goodwin in the slot?

Its never that simple Doc .

Hogan has been a back up slot player so far. Woods can play all over just a nifty route runner and faster than he looks . Goodwin is a package guy who like Williams will create a Mismatch . They all are bringing some versatility to the offense !

7-11 is making the team. The question is whether Graham beats out Easley.

So Elliot is out ?

Its never that simple Doc .

Hogan has been a back up slot player so far. Woods can play all over just a nifty route runner and faster than he looks . Goodwin is a package guy who like Williams will create a Mismatch . They all are bringing some versatility to the offense !

True, they'll probably move them all over the place.

So Elliot is out ?

I'd say Elliott to PS.

We can make jokes all we want about his mediocrity and cite his <100 career yards in the NFL, but this guy is a hard worker and it's paying off. He got some buzz last year in camp, but not like this year. If he can perform, I'd love to have him.

Graham appears to be doomed at this point. We have a lot of speedy guys now and they can all play better.

He's an athlete - he was just green as grass, having only played 1 yr of CF after playing college LAX, so if the light has come on for him he can be a player. I'm not worried about the physical tools, toughness, or "want to" out of this kid.

There are plenty of guys who have run worse 40s and been great players. Mr. Reed was 4.5+ IIRC

He's an athlete - he was just green as grass, having only played 1 yr of CF after playing college LAX, so if the light has come on for him he can be a player. I'm not worried about the physical tools, toughness, or "want to" out of this kid.

There are plenty of guys who have run worse 40s and been great players. Mr. Reed was 4.5+ IIRC

In hogans best case scenario, what do you guys see as his best season and career stats?

Just curious to get real perspective on where people actually gauge his potential when they say he could be good.

In hogans best case scenario, what do you guys see as his best season and career stats?

Just curious to get real perspective on where people actually gauge his potential when they say he could be good.

Best case scenario (and I am trying to be honest): 30 REC, 274 yards, 2 TDs

You can extrapolate those stats for another season or 2 and you have his ceiling.

I had no idea he only played 1 year of college football. That changes things a bit.

Do the stats matter ?

Does he catch the ball ? Does he block decently ? Does he know when he needs to help his QB out ? Is his effort good enough to help the team while the big name guys get the stats ?

I think you see my point. As a number five four or six. Does he help the Bills accomplish the goals within a play .

f stats NS .

I see he might be better or more dependable and consistent choice than a number of others on the team currently . isnt that enough for now ?

Do the stats matter ?

Does he catch the ball ? Does he block decently ? Does he know when he needs to help his QB out ? Is his effort good enough to help the team while the big name guys get the stats ?

I think you see my point. As a number five four or six. Does he help the Bills accomplish the goals within a play .

f stats NS .

I see he might be better or more dependable and consistent choice than a number of others on the team currently . isnt that enough for now ?

My argument for Graham has been made on here a few times. If he catches 3 deep balls this year and draws 2 pass interference calls because of his speed his impact on the team will be far greater than that of Hogan. He may be inconsistent and unreliable but he is still capable of making plays that can alter the course of a game. The same cannot be said for CH.

My argument for Graham has been made on here a few times. If he catches 3 deep balls this year and draws 2 pass interference calls because of his speed his impact on the team will be far greater than that of Hogan. He may be inconsistent and unreliable but he is still capable of making plays that can alter the course of a game. The same cannot be said for CH.

Does Graham do anything better than Hogan other than run faster? I would say no.

Do the stats matter ?

f stats NS .

In a vacuum they matter little but throwing out what you see his best case scenario helps us compare apples to apples some. Just saying "yea he has potential" but is that potential as a 6 for a year or do you see him as a guy that could be a longterm #3.... Throwing out stats as framework helps define those expectations

That is true . But Chris Hogan is not a reasonable comparison as to what he may offer to the Bills.

Personally i would rather have the ball caught over a PI every single day . Thats just the QB in me .

So when do you choose to throw to Goodwin over Graham over Watkins over Williams .

Cannot Goodwin get the PI as Easley as Graham ? And have a higher confidence level from the coaches and EJ in such hope . Why wouldn't someone hold Sammy or Mike even.

The threat is only real when its an actual threat . Graham lost that i think .

Not a Graham hater but i bet he did not help any Bills QBs confidence with some of his drops last year.