Hogan

The Wiz

Fwiw, Hogan didn't help us win a single game last year. TJ did.

But I still say let them play it out on the field.

According to what? Hogan had receptions in 2 of the 6 games we won last year. If you are only counting TD's then yes. He didn't help us win a single game but TJ also only contributed in winning a single game against the Jets.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny part is, that's pretty much what most of his college career was. Maybe he just has trouble running and catching at the same time. I'll give him his senior year was a good year for him but his numbers are pretty much the same transitioning from college to pro.

http://www.sports-re...j-graham-1.html

Punt return halos are much bigger and much more strongly enforced in college.

His collegiate average return was 9.5 yards which is....adequate at best, and he had 2 PRs for TD. Our current punt returner averaged 13.1 yards per return and brought 7 back for TDs.

Someone look up stats for these teams top 5 wr's for me...

San Diego

New Orleans

Carolina

Cincinatti

Cleveland

Indianapolis

And NY jets

I would bet you anything the 4th best WR on all but two of those teams did not catch more then 300 yards.

I am trying to pull the perspective out here that we are in a major vacuum. We are just looking at one team, in one situation where both have limited sample size in training camp.

Look at real life application to other teams. Look what their 4th WR offers.

San Diego - Was bereft of WRs and throws a lot to Gates. #4 WR statswise : Malcolm Floyd 6 for 149

New Orleans - Again throws to the TE a ton. #4: Robert Meachem 16 for 324

Carolina - Totally bereft of WRs. #4: Domenik Hixon 7 for 55(!)

Cincinnati - Andre Hawkins 12 for 199

Cleveland - Travis Benjamin 5 for 105

Indianapolis - Griff Whalen 24 for 259

And NY Jets - Again terrible WRs in general: Clyde Gates 12 for 122. Their TOP WR only caught 43 balls.

Doing this I feel like the teams were cherry picked a bit in that they either a. had no WRs at all let alone 4 b. threw heavily to TEs in lieu of WRs (Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, LaDarius Green, Jordan Cameron) or c. both

For example New England's #4 WR was Kenbrell Thompkins who caught 32 for 466 and Green Bay's #4 was Randall Cobb who had 31 for 433.

I don't feel like going through the whole league, you can if you want to.

Stats for #4 WRs is a pretty useless stat because so much of it has to do with injuries to the 1-3 receivers. As well as how many plays his or her team plays in 3 and 4 and 5 WR sets, as well as his or her quarterbacking.

which is why i picked out NE and GB because they run a lot of multiple WR sets and have competent passing games without stat dominant TEs (last year at least for Gronk). We run a lot of multiple WR sets and don't have a TE we WANT to target so if we attained competency those numbers are similar to what I would expect from out #4.

Stats for #4 WRs is a pretty useless stat because so much of it has to do with injuries to the 1-3 receivers. As well as how many plays his or her team plays in 3 and 4 and 5 WR sets, as well as his or her quarterbacking.

and either way we are talking about a guy that is at best competing for #5

San Diego

New Orleans

Carolina

Cincinatti

Cleveland

Indianapolis

And NY jets

I would bet you anything the 4th best WR on all but two of those teams did not catch more then 300 yards.

I am trying to pull the perspective out here that we are in a major vacuum. We are just looking at one team, in one situation where both have limited sample size in training camp.

Look at real life application to other teams. Look what their 4th WR offers.

I'll play along. These are the 4th in receiving yards (not 4th receiver option) of WR's on each team that played in 16 games.

Jets: Stephen Hill - 342

Panthers: Ted Ginn - 556

Bengals: Mohamid Sanu - 455

Chargers: Vincent Brown - 472

Colts: Darrius Hayward-Bey - 309

Saints: Lance Moore - 457 (only played 13 games)

I'll play along. These are the 4th in receiving yards (not 4th receiver option) of WR's on each team that played in 16 games.

if i follow --- this is 4th in receiving yards on the team, not 4th wr in receiving yards, or 4th on the depth chart?

if i follow --- this is 4th in receiving yards on the team, not 4th wr in receiving yards, or 4th on the depth chart?

4th in receiving yards not including TE/WR(Jimmy Graham) or RB's. So the person that was a WR that had the 4th most yards receiving.

Edited by The Wiz

4th in receiving yards. Not including TE/WR(Jimmy Graham) or RB's.

not sure if it was just a saints error, or something systematic but moore is 3 behind colston and stills. 4 is meachem. just happened to know that one offhand.

Edited by NoSaint

4th in receiving yards. Not including TE/WR(Jimmy Graham) or RB's. So the person that was a WR that had the 4th most yards receiving.

Your Jets guy is wrong. profootball reference has Kellen Winslow listed as a WR.

Not to be that guy but these are basically all incorrect. You need to go double check.

Not to be that guy but these are basically all incorrect. You need to go double check.

chargers is floyd too, isnt it?

it happens, but certainly needs to get redone, or atleast noted that its off. i think its a fair spot to be that guy.

I've been singing Dixon praises since the first practice. Dude will impress a lot of people if he gets any burn Sunday. Very, very quick for a big guy.

yup Flap. The dude is gonna impress and that starts in just 2 days. Look for him to make a case not only against being cut but to get him the ball more.

not sure if it was just a saints error, or something systematic but moore is 3 behind colston and stills. 4 is meachem. just happened to know that one offhand.

You're right. It is Meachem - 324 yards.

Your Jets guy is wrong. profootball reference has Kellen Winslow listed as a WR.

I was doing it quick and just looking who was the 4th WR. Didn't see he was listed as a WR. Tried to punch it out on my lunch break. I'll go through again and make the corrections.

According to what? Hogan had receptions in 2 of the 6 games we won last year. If you are only counting TD's then yes. He didn't help us win a single game but TJ also only contributed in winning a single game against the Jets.

regardless if you saw many or not by Graham he did score. He did contribute.

Hogan didn't do much at all.

You guys need to get real about Hogan. He's nothing spectacular.

These were mine - reposted for clarity.

San Diego - Malcolm Floyd 6 for 149

New Orleans - Robert Meachem 16 for 324

Carolina - Domenik Hixon 7 for 55(!)

And NY Jets - Clyde Gates 12 for 122.

Buffalo - Marquise Goodwin 17 for 283.

These were mine - reposted for clarity.

San Diego - Malcolm Floyd 6 for 149

New Orleans - Robert Meachem 16 for 324

Carolina - Domenik Hixon 7 for 55(!)

And NY Jets - Clyde Gates 12 for 122.

Buffalo - Marquise Goodwin 17 for 283.

So then TJ was 3rd on the team in receiving yards?