Eric Crouch back in the NFL with the chiefs..

Poor guy, we're talking about a heisman trophy winner who dominated college football with the Huskers..ran the ball extremely well for a quarterback..but yet he can't establish himself in the NFL..first he's in, then retires, in again then retires, and now he's back again to play defense for kansas city..We'll see how long this phase will last until he decides to retire again for a 3rd time..I guess not every Heisman Trophy Winner is a lock to make it in the NFL..example - Rashaan Salaam , Gino Toretta , Ron Dayne..

Poor guy, we're talking about a heisman trophy winner who dominated college football with the Huskers..ran the ball extremely well for a quarterback..but yet he can't establish himself in the NFL..first he's in, then retires, in again then retires, and now he's back again to play defense for kansas city..We'll see how long this phase will last until he decides to retire again for a 3rd time..I guess not every Heisman Trophy Winner is a lock to make it in the NFL..example - Rashaan Salaam , Gino Toretta , Ron Dayne..

218945[/snapback]

Don't forget Ricky Williams, Chris Weinke and Danny Wuerffel.

In ward's defense he opted to go play basketball, and has had a solid career

and don't forget about andre ware, who had a rather brief stint with the Lions

219048[/snapback]

At least Ward was somewhat good at basketball...although not nearly as good as he could have been playing football I think, that guy had some serious athletic skills that would have translated nicely as a "Cunninghamesque-QB" at the NFL level when he was young. Andre Ware was just sad.

At least Ward was somewhat good at basketball...although not nearly as good as he could have been playing football I think, that guy had some serious athletic skills that would have translated nicely as a "Cunninghamesque-QB" at the NFL level when he was young.  Andre Ware was just sad.

219061[/snapback]

I agree, Ward had a freaking cannon, but the knock on him was that he only ran a shotgun offense, he was rarely under center at FSU.