Fred Jackson signs contract extension

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that this Bills FO makes it a priority to reward and extend our good players and leaders. This basically makes Jackson a Bill for life and gives him some options on retirement.

WRT Spiller...

He has been very vocal that he has been seeking contract advice from Byrd. I've never gotten the feeling that he's bought into being a Bill. The majority of his social media posts are about Clemson still. He most likely values himself much higher than the NFL values RBs right now. I dont think it's likely he re-signs here.

I believe that Whaley will make him a fair offer, but if he leaves, then so be it. RBs are a 2nd round position nowadays. And Im excited to see how Brown works out.

Edited by DrDareustein

I think they see Fred as more than just a RB on this team. It is a very young team overall and they want to get to the playoffs ASAFP. Fred represents the veteran leadership and toughness that it takes and has proven through his mentorshp to AW that he can help instill this in others. He is almost like a player-coach.

well. Freddy's only got 8 years in the league and the first 2 years he only touched the ball 58 times.

Just sayin.

Also consider he was behind(I use behind loosely) Lynch(2008-2010) and Mcgahee(2006) for 4 of his 8 years.

Smart move and a good jesture that we think about OUR players as people and not pegs in a puzzel. C J is next. No agent and he can keep the agent fee for him self. Fair money for a great back. He has said he wants to stay in Buffalo. Sign him now. Why to go Fred.

Fred is very high on my list of all-time favorites so this is great news. The Bills trying to squeeze another year out of him should have nothing to do with CJ's future. I like guys who make us dangerous and CJ does that. Put him on the same field with Sammy and defenses have to worry because they can both score from anywhere!

I like that this Bills FO makes it a priority to reward and extend our good players and leaders. This basically makes Jackson a Bill for life and gives him some options on retirement.

WRT Spiller...

He has been very vocal that he has been seeking contract advice from Byrd. I've never gotten the feeling that he's bought into being a Bill. The majority of his social media posts are about Clemson still. He most likely values himself much higher than the NFL values RBs right now. I dont think it's likely he re-signs here.

I believe that Whaley will make him a fair offer, but if he leaves, then so be it. RBs are a 2nd round position nowadays. And Im excited to see how Brown works out.

Unlike Byrd, who had a lucrative market waiting for him upon hitting FA, I think Spiller will be disappointed by what's become of the RB market in the NFL.

This will be our best ally in re-signing him.

Unlike Byrd, who had a lucrative market waiting for him upon hitting FA, I think Spiller will be disappointed by what's become of the RB market in the NFL.

This will be our best ally in re-signing him.

Very, very true. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. Especially with no current agent!

He's the jersey you invest in.

If you would have told me back in 2006 that a guy from the NFL Europe was going to be on the team in 2015 I would have laughed along with other. He's not hall or wall of fame material but the man has bled red white and blue and embrased every second of his career and bills nation.

If you would have told me back in 2006 that a guy from the NFL Europe was going to be on the team in 2015 I would have laughed along with other. He's not hall or wall of fame material but the man has bled red white and blue and embrased every second of his career and bills nation.

He has about as good a chance for the wall of fame as any recent player.

Edited by FluffHead

i didnt think hed see one early - but one year at a low cost isnt bad at all.

Hopefully this means that he retires as a Bill.

this would put freddy at 35 the next time he hits free agency. i believe hes already the oldest back in the league by a year.