California has a water "problem" yet...

Beerball

Buffalo's savoir = Water

AND it is still "down river" of The Lakes. The Middle Lakes (Michigan & Huron) are not controlled. I'd imagine BFLO/NY/ONT would be pissed if they controlled them and started zapping water that went over The Falls to a trickle... Cut power production in half from the Niagara Diversion to places like Toronto & New York City.

We make more than you do.

Over 250k?

Good luck... Take a loss.

Wow... I bought my house brand new in 1996. Built it for 150k... It just got reassessed right now for 122... Lost 18% on the current revised reassessment. Taxes keep going down, but so does my property. Old houses are going for 40k in my town. Cripes, one guy on my corner is trying to unload for 100k. I am thinking about disputing the reassessment just to be an SOB and stick it to Will County so they get less taxes. These are houses built not even 20 years ago... Most have the original roofs still on them. Each have about 1/3 to 1/4 acre of land and about 1,500 to 2,000 square feet.

Good thing I only owe 50k or so. My mortgage is well under 1,000 bucks a month. I can't imagine a mortgage on a 1/2 million dollar house. How do people save any money?

But... We have gobs of water and my bill is like 50 bucks a month... Would be half that if I didn't have teenagers who like to waste water... Same with my water softener.

The teacher should be able to find a job... But good luck with the other. Urban Planner? LoL... Eviro Geologist... Come on! Enter reality!

At a price... Who's going to build the infrastructure and how will the rate of return be... "Back east" everything flows "downhill" to The Gulf. Everything is uphill to the west.

Anyway...

The Chicago Diversion is set by Supreme Court (going back many, many years) order @ about 3,6000cfs... That's for the whole diversion, drinking water, navigation, sanitary, etc...

The houses in their neighborhood do sell quickly. They will get their price! The area is booming. I took a loss they won't

We make more than you do.

They don't save, their mortgage is like $3500 a month like everyone else on a 2,600 s.f house

Over 250k?

No wonder the country is broke. And if you actually make that much and can't understand how someone can have a $500k mortgage and can't save you have issues.

The houses in their neighborhood do sell quickly. They will get their price! The area is booming. I took a loss they won't

They don't save, their mortgage is like $3500 a month like everyone else on a 2,600 s.f house

$3500 mortgage on a house worth $550k? They too have issues.

Edited by Chef Jim

No wonder the country is broke. And if you actually make that much and can't understand how someone can have a $500k mortgage and can't save you have issues.

Is broke? Seems people are living way above their means, that's why the country is going broke. I pay more in taxes living in town than I would if I grabbed a 5,000 square foot house on 2 acres of land a few miles away for 300k in an unincorporated part of the area... And leached off the infrastructure. That's why the country is going broke.

Myself individually, by far, no... Not even close... I am a wage grade employee... I get paid by the hour (not General Schedule, my hourly wage is set by private industry). But now, combined family income (all sources), getting there. What if one person loses a job, especially the breadwinner?

I guess 250k is considered rich than... LoL...

I do understand. My parents bought their first house in Cheektowaga, brand new for 17k... They were making less than half that in income. Their mortgage was 110 bucks a month and they would be the first to tell you that they bought on a "shoestring." That's the problem... Buying on a "shoestring." BUT, nobody lives in the same house for 30 years anymore. BTW, my father still lives in the same house. And... So will I even after I pay it off in a few years. Wow, now I am sounding like a Mellencamp song.

So people living above their means is quite a problem and not staying in it for 15/30 years seems to be the problem.

Their pulling 160K with two kids and two cars

I left San Diego in 2006 and cashed out the market after 5 yrs. I don't know how they do it out there. Most are working for the Navy. My ole neighbors were working for the Navy and living in a bigger house.

My folks bought their first house in the Town of Elma for 16k in 1960 and my dad had to borrow money from his dad. I think he said they were paying $83 a month.

I should have stayed in East Aurora paying $500 a month on two acres on a dead end street. I moved to SD.

I guess 250k is considered rich than... LoL...

I don't want to go all PPP here but under our current tax code $250k is considered rich. And that's married filing jointly.

And I meant the gov't is going broke especially if they're paying you $250k a year to post on here. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't want to go all PPP here but under our current tax code $250k is considered rich. And that's married filing jointly.

And I meant the gov't is going broke especially if they're paying you $250k a year to post on here. :D

Dude... I am @ home. I am filling in this week, my work schedule is all over the place.

;-P

Whenever you see the manual smilies... That's when I am on my phone. :-)

I wish I alone was pulling 250k... Not even a 1/4! LoL... Chicago Lock just went to all gov't employees for the first time ever... They cancelled the contractor and their personel... They pay a dollar more an hour... AND I also work in the city limits... My pay is set by The Quad Cities area... John Deere, etc... Go figure that one out!

Dude... I am @ home. I am filling in this week, my work schedule is all over the place.

;-P

Whenever you see the manual smilies... That's when I am on my phone. :-)

Please point to where I said you were posting from work today?

Please point to where I said you were posting from work today?

Nowhere... I Understood. Just pointing out that I post everywhere else too. And even when I do post from work, that's not why the gov't is going broke. We are one of the few that are right side up what for what the nation gets back on their return of investment. It cost 6 million dollars to build our place in 1960... In 54 years the gov't has spent over 50 million on overhead. Today, a 60 day closure costs the national economy 18 million. That's bang for your taxpayer buck, even if I do post. ;-P

Anyway... Boys and girls... Live within your means... Oh and college is not enough, marry a girl with a graduate education or get one yourself! LoL... Even in the poor, working class South Suburbs of Chicago. ;-)

Cali... I can't help w/the water... Move back to Oklahoma or your beautiful Texas... The Peach Bowl is dried up.