dipshite

Beerball

Pretty dumb way to get a point across, but it's not like he picked the gun up and aimed it at the two people. It sounds like it was just pointing in their direction and they became nervous. I don't agree with what he did (nor do I believe there is any reason for any civilian to own an assault rifle) but I can't see him going to jail for it.

Pretty dumb way to get a point across, but it's not like he picked the gun up and aimed it at the two people. It sounds like it was just pointing in their direction and they became nervous. I don't agree with what he did (nor do I believe there is any reason for any civilian to own an assault rifle) but I can't see him going to jail for it.

at least you agree that it was a gugnyish move on his part

The guy deserves jail time. You just don't point a loaded weapon at people unless there is valid reason to do so.

I somehow looked over the fact that it was loaded. Yes, then, I agree that he should be charged/jailed ... but with what? What he did was ignorant, careless and irresponsible. But if the gun just happened to be pointing at them by the nature of how it was resting in his arms, it's not like he was menacing or harassing them.

Perhaps reckless endangerment?

Rule number 1 of gun safety: Never point a gun at someone or in their general direction unless you plan on using it. This is true whether you think / know the gun is unloaded or not. One mistake, one round left in the chamber accidentally, one spook on the trigger finger and someone could have died. He is an idiot and if I were part of the gun community I would hate someone like this giving us a bad name / rep and doing way more harm than good for the point he was trying to prove.

Edited by Mark80

The guy deserves jail time. You just don't point a loaded weapon at people unless there is valid reason to do so.

As a hillbilly, we are taught that at a young age... I have been a gun toting fool since I was about 8, but the very first lesson I was taught is that I NEVER EVER EVER under ANY circumstance point ANY firearm in the direction of anything I don't intend to shoot... While carrying the firearm it is to be pointed in a safe direction at all times...

People who want to carry them around in an irresponsible manner can go ahead and do their best Cheddar Bob or Plaxico impression!

As a hillbilly, we are taught that at a young age... I have been a gun toting fool since I was about 8, but the very first lesson I was taught is that I NEVER EVER EVER under ANY circumstance point ANY firearm in the direction of anything I don't intend to shoot... While carrying the firearm it is to be pointed in a safe direction at all times...

People who want to carry them around in an irresponsible manner can go ahead and do their best Cheddar Bob or Plaxico impression!

I think this is universally understood and agreed upon.

But the question is (to me) - "What law did he break?" If they threw everyone in jail or prison for being an idiot you and Mr. ags would be a hell of a lot busier. Not to mention, this forum would go down to about 4 registered users.

Rule number 1 of gun safety: Never point a gun at someone or in their general direction unless you plan on using it. This is true whether you think / know the gun is unloaded or not. One mistake, one round left in the chamber accidentally, one spook on the trigger finger and someone could have died. He is an idiot and if I were part of the gun community I would hate someone like this giving us a bad name / rep and doing way more harm than good for the point he was trying to prove.

"Pointing" a gun implies some sort of intent to have the barrel facing in some general direction. From the story, this guy was just a complete dumbass who wasn't aware which direction the barrel was pointing. I suspect he's too damn stupid to form any intent to "point" the gun.

This is the kind of person who should have their "right to bear arms" revoked. I'm all for the right to gun ownership...except that if you have no idea how to safely handle a gun, you shouldn't be allowed to have one.

But the question is (to me) - "What law did he break?" If they threw everyone in jail or prison for being an idiot you and Mr. ags would be a hell of a lot busier. Not to mention, this forum would go down to about 4 registered users.

Admittedly I only read half the article and got fed up with stupidity- give me a run down...

The reason I think we need a "felony stupidity" law..."Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong except for being an idiot...but you were such a breathtaking !@#$ing fool, we really need to incarcerate you."