GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Good start overall against Akron.

Defense looked great. Studs at every level. Tyleik Williams looks enormous out there lmao. Tuimoloau and Downs combined on a sack. Burke had a nice pick. Ransom was laying lumber all game. Styles looks great at LB. And Cody Simon didn’t even play.

The offense sputtered out of the gate with drops and penalties, but they figured it out over the course of the game. I feel good about Will Howard after yesterday. The throws were accurate, he looked big and fast and smart on the runs, and he seemed relaxed and confident. The OL did not get the push I was expecting to see against Akron, and Day made all of the starters stay in there even after the score was out of hand. We’ll keep an eye on that situation. It’s clear that the plan for the running game is to use Judkins as a sledgehammer and create space for Henderson – yes please. In the passing game, it seemed to me like the deeper routes that took longer to develop were working better than Chip Kelly’s short stuff, but we’ll see.

Oh, and 18-year old true freshman Jeremiah Smith had 6 catches for 96 yards and 2 TDs to kick off his Heisman campaign first season as a Buckeye.

Looked like a beautiful day in the Shoe! Best thing about being 1-0….

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Egbuka got robbed on that 1st quarter TD review.

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:46 AM, Willyville Guy said:

Good start overall against Akron.

Defense looked great. Studs at every level. Tyleik Williams looks enormous out there lmao. Tuimoloau and Downs combined on a sack. Burke had a nice pick. Ransom was laying lumber all game. Styles looks great at LB. And Cody Simon didn’t even play.

The offense sputtered out of the gate with drops and penalties, but they figured it out over the course of the game. I feel good about Will Howard after yesterday. The throws were accurate, he looked big and fast and smart on the runs, and he seemed relaxed and confident. The OL did not get the push I was expecting to see against Akron, and Day made all of the starters stay in there even after the score was out of hand. We’ll keep an eye on that situation. It’s clear that the plan for the running game is to use Judkins as a sledgehammer and create space for Henderson – yes please. In the passing game, it seemed to me like the deeper routes that took longer to develop were working better than Chip Kelly’s short stuff, but we’ll see.

Oh, and 18-year old true freshman Jeremiah Smith had 6 catches for 96 yards and 2 TDs to kick off his Heisman campaign first season as a Buckeye.

Looked like a beautiful day in the Shoe! Best thing about being 1-0….

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Egbuka got robbed on that 1st quarter TD review.

Not to focus on the negative but I was disappointed by the OL! I agree, where was the push. I’m starting to wonder if they are being coached to be more finesse 🙁

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not to focus on the negative but I was disappointed by the OL! I agree, where was the push. I’m starting to wonder if they are being coached to be more finesse 🙁

Frye is under pressure, and the group needs to improve. Pass blocking looked good though… against Akron. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Frye is under pressure, and the group needs to improve. Pass blocking looked good though… against Akron. 

I’m 99% focused on what they will look like in November-January and we were told there are 3 OL who could start in the nfl today. So I’m hopeful that was just a warm up! Agree on Frye! Glad Howard has wheels too. 

• Agree 1