SI interviews Jim Schwartz

He needs to hang out with CJ and learn that spin.... He could have easily beat JH to the endzone with that move!!

i consider myself a Harbaugh fan and wanted the Bills to make him rich to lure him here. I also don't think Schwartz was the greatest hire (hope to be proven wrong there). But having said that...to slap a guy on the back like that after a tough loss, was a complete a-hole move. I don't blame Schwartz for trying to give him a piece of his mind. I think what put him over the top was everyone pushing and shoving him away from Harbaugh and I really can't blame him for getting pissed about that either.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i consider myself a Harbaugh fan and wanted the Bills to make him rich to lure him here. I also don't think Schwartz was the greatest hire (hope to be proven wrong there). But having said that...to slap a guy on the back like that after a tough loss, was a complete a-hole move. I don't blame Schwartz for trying to give him a piece of his mind. I think what put him over the top was everyone pushing and shoving him away from Harbaugh and I really can't blame him for getting pissed about that either.

Likewise, it's hard to blame Harbaugh for the in your face attitude, after Shwartz openly mocked him during the game because of Harbaugh mistakenly challenging a Detroit touchdown.

Great point! I would add that we haven't had a DC this smart in a long while.

Wade Phillips, 1995–97* (under Levy)

Ted Cottrell, 1998–2000 (under Phillips)

Jerry Gray, 2001–2005 (under Williams)

Perry Fewell, 2006–2009** (under Jauron)

George Edwards, 2010–11 (under Gailey)

Dave Wannstedt, 2012 (under Gailey)

Mike Pettine, 2013 (under Marrone)

Jim Schwartz, 2014- (under Marrone)

Getting very excited to see what a really good DC can do with all that talent this season.

Likewise, it's hard to blame Harbaugh for the in your face attitude, after Shwartz openly mocked him during the game because of Harbaugh mistakenly challenging a Detroit touchdown.

"mocked" him from the opposite sideline? i did not pay much attention to this incident at the time, so can you tell me exactly what he did?

"mocked" him from the opposite sideline? i did not pay much attention to this incident at the time, so can you tell me exactly what he did?

Bleacher Report link banned.

Search "jim-harbaugh-is-not-to-blame-for-the-handshake-incident-with-jim-schwartz"

From the article:

"In the first quarter of the game in Detroit, Harbaugh challenged a scoring play by the Lions, triggering an automatic 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, given that each touchdown is automatically reviewed upstairs and is therefore not open to coaches' challenges.

I remember the play distinctly and recall even more vividly the rage that nearly overcame me while the cameras showed Schwartz standing on the other sideline openly mocking Harbaugh, pointing and yelling at him and generally breaking the unspoken protocol that coaches follow, which is the exact accusation Schwartz levied against Harbaugh in his postgame press conference. But, I digress.

Now, as far as I am aware, Harbaugh has never publicly acknowledged Schwartz's mockery and has certainly never even insinuated that he gave Schwartz a retaliatory slap on the back after Schwartz embarrassed him (although Harbaugh did enough on his own to guarantee his embarrassment by challenging an unchallengeable call in the first place).

But, make no mistake about it, Harbaugh was aware of Schwartz screaming wildly at him and waving his arms around like some half-crazed Justin Beiber concertgoer suffering from an early onset of dementia.

And, Harbaugh most certainly did not forget about it after his team pulled out an improbable, come-from-behind victory in the waning moments of the fourth quarter. So when Harbaugh put a little extra emphasis into his handshake/back pat, he was essentially telling Schwartz, "Hey pal, who's laughing at who now, huh?"

Don't know about this, but JH definitely punched Kelly in the face during an interview after JK retired and was working for one of the TV networks.

I was wrong but I did offer the qualifier that if memory serves lol. Mine is shot! But at least I got the right two guys. And looking at the story now, Kelly still won!

There doesnt seem to be any back down in him does there

I think he might have irritable bowel syndrome.

He seems on the edge of exploding i noticed in the presser.

I dont like him so much but i think he will kick ass after reading and watching his statements since he arrived.

And i think he will be here next year if the offense can stabilze. Of course everyone will be in the hot seat if the Offense sucks again.