How many times do you want to see EJ pass per game?

I think "how may attempts" is a good question (25 +/- for me), but I'm also interested in where the attempts go. I want to stretch the defense and challenge them long more often than we saw last year. Keep them honest and give the receivers a chance to go get the ball, especially Sammy and M. Williams. I don't want to see any balls 8 yards out of bounds... unless it hits Brady in the head. (If it were to hit Brady, I'd want slo-mo replay on a loop.)

i would like to see no more than 25, with 5 of those being screen passes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15-20 but with a really high YPA

I anticipate 3 new starters on the O-Line to start the year and that assumes Glenn is back by then. If I had to guess, Chris Williams at LG, Hairston at RG and Kouandijo at RT. I like Cyril Richardson also but I wasn't ready to go with an all rookie right side.

An interesting question is, in the unlikely event that Seantrel Henderson manages to not get kicked off the team and actually plays up to his ability, do we then consider kicking Glenn to LG.

My response to that question is no. Cordy Glenn allowed only 1.5 sacks last year. You don't move a proven product for someone who looked ok in camp. You force Henderson to prove himself somewhere else. As to the original question, it's hard to give a general answer as it depends on each defense we oppose, and are we playing from a lead or behind. I expect in a perfect world we target about 25 times to throw in a game, but when we play the Jets, we may throw more as it is tough to run on them, whereas with the Dolphins, we'll run it down their throat.

Manuel is not in the same category as P. Manning, Ryan, Brees, Stafford, Brady or Flacco.

Imagine how much better some NFL teams would be if they had your genius! Brees won't have been drafted in the 2nd round and then let go by SD. Brady won't have gone in the 6th & Romo might have even been drafted! Hindsight makes everyone a genius. :)

P.S. You might want to compare Manuel and Stafford's rookie year stats.

I think if EJ has to throw 30+ it'll be because of the Bills defense, not because of the opposition's D. I can only see that many attempts in a shootout.

No EJ probably isn't going to the pro bowl - but If a DC is going to keep stacking the box, every WR is capable of taking the top off. I think EJ won't hesitate to let it rip this year- especially with explicit instructions form Hackett.

Whatever it takes to win. He should be throwing 300 yard games. They should be rushing for over 100 yards per game. That's what PLAYOFF TEAMS DO! If the Bills are "ALL IN" that's what has to happen. No pressure or anything. :w00t:

i would like to see no more than 25, with 5 of those being screen passes.

I understand your point yolo but it's difficult to pinpoint one number. I liked EJ throwing 22 passes in the Baltimore game and I liked him throwing 39 against Carolina. Games and Gameplans will dictate the attempts.

I do like the motto that SF and Seattle did where they had the least passing attempts in the NFL. But as good as our D was at times last year, it wasn't on those teams level. Would Sea or SF lost a game where they score 31 points like the Bills did against ATL?

Whatever it takes to win. He should be throwing 300 yard games. They should be rushing for over 100 yards per game. That's what PLAYOFF TEAMS DO! If the Bills are "ALL IN" that's what has to happen. No pressure or anything. :w00t:

Agreed for the most part. I do think certain numbers are silly. For instance, EJ threw for 296 against Carolina. For some fans, if he threw for 4 more yards, it would have been a much stronger start. I really don't get this.