How many times do you want to see EJ pass per game?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think around 22-26 would be about right. Considering we are a run first team and boobie is looking pretty damn good so far in camp(yes i know, it's camp) I think our 3 backs will carry a lot of games and EJ will be a little more at ease knowing it won't always be 3 and 7+.

I think around 22-26 would be about right. Considering we are a run first team and boobie is looking pretty damn good so far in camp(yes i know, it's camp) I think our 3 backs will carry a lot of games and EJ will be a little more at ease knowing it won't always be 3 and 7+.

Sorry, but less than 25 simply isn't realistic.

Sorry, but less than 25 simply isn't realistic.

It actually is since they won 2 games last year with under 25 attempts. Also I said 22-26 which is over 25 so I don't get your point. Also two other games where he had 27 and 28 attempts which was a split so not really far off from my estimate.

Best answer yet!!!

Second best answer!!!! Lol

I dunno. I think more than tuel and Lewis combined would be the right answer. Or all of them.

"How many ways can you entitle a BASH EJ thread?"

How would you fix EJ's mechanics/footwork/slow eyes/head hanging ability?

Is it the o line or EJ?

Should we have drafted Geno?

If it's aqb driven league, why did they draft EJ?

I could probably go on but these threads will show up eventually anyways.

How many are there so far? My guess is 'MORE THAN THAT".

And there's no end in sight until he plays a game and makes it stop.... or increase exponentially.

Edited by Augie

Early in Big Bens career, the steelers tried to limit his pass attempts per game with a strong running game as he developed. Seattle and SF both are at the bottom of the league in pass attempts, both have young developing QBs. But we have a very nice WR corp... And what appears to be a major weapon in sammy. Then take into account the screens we want to CJ. So what's the ideal mix?

Depends on the matchup .

I am down with that with the caveat that there will be games where he needs to throw 30+. If I were a DC and seeing our strengths and our weaknesses, EJ from day one would see 8 in the Box and play the run first and MAKE EJ beat us. Right now EJ and a questionable OL is our biggest weakness.

It's a concern

Manuel is not in the same category as P. Manning, Ryan, Brees, Stafford, Brady or Flacco.

I think the point was as little QBs develop into big QBs they are trusted to throw the ball more.

Reign him in from last season.

But again its really about the teams he plays against and those pesky matchups.

I did not find this thread to be negative toward EJ whatsoever. I think we are improving on this milestone folks !

Edited by 3rdand12

Well - I titled the thread, and I am the last one to ever bash him. I was wondering what kind of balance we want - considering all the WR targets but also that he is still inexperienced and we want to run, a lot.

I mean, if he's good, throw more. If he isnt good, throw less.

Surely you can see why I expected another Bash EJ thread before I came in.

We have great RBs so we "can" run if we want to. If we have to. But in today's NFL, you dont want to, unless you have to (either to burn clock to seal a win, or else because you cant throw).

I want him to be so good that we only run to keep the defense honest. But I dont see that happening this year, with EJ. (I wanted EJ and screamed with joy when they took him, but at this point I secretly am cheating on him with Tuel. Tuel is ready/willing/able to fire the ball, which is the qb's job. EJ is only able, so far, and even when he does unleash hell, he aims more than fires)

Edited by maddenboy

I think "how may attempts" is a good question (25 +/- for me), but I'm also interested in where the attempts go. I want to stretch the defense and challenge them long more often than we saw last year. Keep them honest and give the receivers a chance to go get the ball, especially Sammy and M. Williams. I don't want to see any balls 8 yards out of bounds... unless it hits Brady in the head. (If it were to hit Brady, I'd want slo-mo replay on a loop.)