And, now there is a show called Dating Naked...

boyst

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2697630/Im-worried-getting-know-little-excited-The-VERY-awkward-episode-Dating-Naked.html

I saw it on the listings, thought I misread something or it was going to be a let down like Naked Chef. Nope. This **** is ridiculous. How much attention do you really need when you're already on reality TV that you are going to do it naked?

Plus, it's on cable, why can't they just get the blur out of there.

I'm sick of reality shows. Not to mention this show is hardly reflective of reality. If they want to get real why don't they at least show the average person in America? Overweight, out of shape and older.

Because no one wants to see that, least of all average, out of shape Americans...

You nailed it.

Although I personally want to see anything like this at all.

but after 5 minutes you're tired of it and realize it's just a good looking girl not showing you anything and talking too much. You realize it's about like any other date you've been on recently and it will end in disappointment just the same.

Shortly after that you'll end up just settling the issue with girls not blurred out on certain provocative internet sites.

After that and the general 2 or 3 minutes of shame you'll realize that you were suckered in to the same loop. They'll get your attention every time, give you nothing and you'll wonder why you got duped again. But, then, they preview next weeks show and a good teaser and you slick your hair back, stand up straight and put that killer smile on and hope for the best.

I actually caught a little of that show the other night...pretty funny. One chick was a little chunky and had a huge nose, the other was a !@#$ hammer. Guess which one both guys wanted to nail??

Oh oh Mr. Kotter, I got this one!

The little chunky one with the huge nose.

:P

Johnny, please tell me what I won! :D

• 4 weeks later...

i enjoy Naked & Afraid, the obvious reasons aside. I like it because the participants are all so frigging capable of surviving without any modern conveniences...i freak out if the cable blinks...I wish I had the survival skills those people have...don't even get me started on les stroud and bear grylls

sheesh is that a follow up to naked and afraid??

then there is

blind marriage

WTF

i enjoy Naked & Afraid, the obvious reasons aside. I like it because the participants are all so frigging capable of surviving without any modern conveniences...i freak out if the cable blinks...I wish I had the survival skills those people have...don't even get me started on les stroud and bear grylls

Don't believe everything you see on Bear Grylls. His recent show with James Franco was ripped apart by people very familiar with the Catskills. Here's some quotes from a hiking forum I'm also on....

I guess the waterfall noise kept down the noise of traffic on 44/55. You have to say it was pretty lame to portray the whole outing as a wilderness experience in the remote Catskills. Its just as well that they didn't come to the Catskills. Did they ever pick up that bag that they threw out of the helicopter? And by the way, I wonder if that was a legal camp. Its not legal to stay overnight at Minnewaska.

And thanks, Bear, for leaving your fire burning!

I don't even know where to start. Maybe the often awkward bromance, maybe using bottled water for breakfast, or perhaps overestimating the 60 ft high awosting falls at 120 ft....And of course there's no other way around, unless you count the carriage road 20 ft away. Or maybe it's how you can walk from the catskills to minnewaska in a casual morning after some fern tea, or maybe that they have harnesses for the second rappel but not the first.

I officially hate this guy. I always thought he was a bit of a tool but once you have first hand knowledge of all of the BS on TV, you realize it is all fake. Every last bit of it. That was another half hour of my life I'm not getting back .

I agree with all of your observations but those are exactly the reasons I watch his shows and many of the other survival shows on TV. Poking fun at and finding all the problems with each epi is my favorite exercise while watching. I actually do enjoy seeing the scenery and getting some info on the exotic faraway lands they travel to in these shows, but I've seen power lines, houses, cars, roads, cairns, and lots of other signs of civilization in the background in a bunch of different shows. They're all BS with the possible exception of Les Stroud who appears to be solo on his adventures.

Bear Grylls does a lot a rappelling when walking 50 feet to the left or right of an obstacle would be the quicker/ safer option. But if they did that there wouldn't be a show I guess. I can never quite figure out who's out lost in the woods with ropes and harnesses and no other gear but I suppose you have to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the show.

I agree with Mike S. I lasted about 20 minutes streaming it yesterday on nbc.com. Started laughing when they said they would be dropped in the Catskill Mts, one of the most remote areas on the eastern coast. Now I love these mts, but remote is not what I would call this area knowing what else is out there (besides the fact that they aren't even in the Catskills). The obviously placed woodchuck and then knowing that carriage trail is right by the falls did me in and I couldn't take it anymore.

of course his new show has a ton of production add-on, and probably not as remote as it may claim, but it's still fun to watch Ben Stiller & Tom Arnold rappel down a stone face or cross a log 50 feet up, even if there is a carriage road a stones throw away. As for leaving a fire burning or leaving a pack behind, they have production assistants to take care of the stuff that isn't 'camera/ratings friendly'

Don't believe everything you see on Bear Grylls. His recent show with James Franco was ripped apart by people very familiar with the Catskills. Here's some quotes from a hiking forum I'm also on....