Browns fans still pissed off at Modell

I would feel ashamed if a Bills fan did such a thing. I'm not a Brown's fan, but I'm ashamed for them. It's the sick 1% (hopefully much less) that shames us all. The reasonable but well meaning people should let it be known that the others do not represent them. This applies to people in all scopes of life, from middle school to the Middle East. And now I stop, because this is a Bills site. I feel sorry for people like that as they clearly have no meaningful life.

I honestly still haven't viewed the video, I hope its not totally inappropriate for this site, the description in the article told the story well enough for me. Being a Clevelander, and a bills fan this sort of thing strikes a chord with me. Not that I condone it, but a part of me gets it on some level.

The crazy old Alabama fan went on the radio and admitted/bragged to poisoning the Auburn billion year old oaks on their main square - and he rightfully faces prison as a result. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure many of you remember.

Hopefully this f@$#bag is sterile.

Unfortunately for society, these type of people generally have a litter of about 6-12 children and never learn their names, yet their genes are forever tainted...

The crazy old Alabama fan went on the radio and admitted/bragged to poisoning the Auburn billion year old oaks on their main square - and he rightfully faces prison as a result. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure many of you remember.

I remember that story!! The lack of respect is just sickening

The difference between the Auburn oak tree and this is that the oak tree was alive and still served a purpose. Art Modell deserves to be pissed on for abandoning Cleveland. If Bon Jovi were to be part of the winning bid and the team be removed from the Queen City, I would gladly piss on his grave and claim senility as I would be at an older age.

Edited by justnzane

The difference between the Auburn oak tree and this is that the oak tree was alive and still served a purpose. Art Modell deserves to be pissed on for abandoning Cleveland.

Hmmm.... I'm interested to hear your take on why he left Cleveland.... As I understood it, it was because he couldn't get a new stadium and the old one was in shambles, all this after seeing the Cav's and Indians get new houses

Hmmm.... I'm interested to hear your take on why he left Cleveland.... As I understood it, it was because he couldn't get a new stadium and the old one was in shambles, all this after seeing the Cav's and Indians get new houses

The whole idea of publicly financing a billion dollar company under tax exempt status and buying them a stadium to gouge the public is criminal in my opinion. European soccer teams have it right where they invest a large % of their own money into build new stadia. That said, tough crap Modell, you stick with the city that supports you and build your own palace instead of begging the gov't.

The whole idea of publicly financing a billion dollar company under tax exempt status and buying them a stadium to gouge the public is criminal in my opinion. European soccer teams have it right where they invest a large % of their own money into build new stadia. That said, tough crap Modell, you stick with the city that supports you and build your own palace instead of begging the gov't.

I would be interested to know how many of the stadiums we built over the last 10-15 maybe even 20 years with zero public monies

In that regard it pains me to give Krafty the Clown kudos in NE*... But then again, the NFL is making sure they win and not go belly up. Pick your poison.

I would be interested to know how many of the stadiums we built over the last 10-15 maybe even 20 years with zero public monies

The Razor I am sure was.

Browns fans are idiots and mindless whiners.

Art Modell had the decency to leave their franchise name in town - and the NFL gave them a team back after just 4 years. FOUR years!!

Do you think Buffalo would get another team back in four years??

Compare with how the Irsay's treated Baltimore fans - and insulted Johnny Unitas and everyone who played for the Baltimore Colts. Compare with the Raiders' multiple moves, or the Rams or Cardinals taking their franchise and name.

Cleveland fans can go F themselves.

Edited by BobChalmers

In that regard it pains me to give Krafty the Clown kudos in NE*... But then again, the NFL is making sure they win and not go belly up. Pick your poison.

The Razor I am sure was.

I agree with you on picking poison as well as giving kudos to Kraft. However, the NFL would still make a ton o' cash by setting up stadia that they design on their own without public financing. When you consider television revenue and near sellout conditions for 95% of games, they could easily afford to do while setting up a pension fund that is well equipped for the medical costs of the retired players. For being a tax-exempt company, they rake in a ton of cash for its franchises while leaving the public and former players high and dry, much like most corporations.

I agree with you on picking poison as well as giving kudos to Kraft. However, the NFL would still make a ton o' cash by setting up stadia that they design on their own without public financing. When you consider television revenue and near sellout conditions for 95% of games, they could easily afford to do while setting up a pension fund that is well equipped for the medical costs of the retired players. For being a tax-exempt company, they rake in a ton of cash for its franchises while leaving the public and former players high and dry, much like most corporations.

I can dig the medical... But as far as a pension- these players know what they are getting into... They make serious bank, even if they only play 2-3 years... Then there is that whole college education... I would love a pension after just a few years

I can dig the medical... But as far as a pension- these players know what they are getting into... They make serious bank, even if they only play 2-3 years... Then there is that whole college education... I would love a pension after just a few years

The pension is definitely meant for the old-timers who didn't make that kind of cash. That said a low-end pension to supplement a player's post-career life ie $20k/year would be reasonable. FWIW, the players must be in the league for over 3 years to qualify for a pension under current rules. This is why Ralph kept KEvin Everett on the team's payroll for a certain period after his playing days were over to qualify for the pension.