When you weren't looking...

Jerry Hughes fan club bump.

The combo of Kyle and Jerry are looking EXTREMELY GOOD (did you notice the capital letters?)

Now, Throw Mario, Dareus in there as well.

But wait, there's more.

More what you say?

More time to get to the QB because Gilmore and McKelvin are blanketing the best targets on the other team.

Let's not forget about the first glimpse of run stuffing I saw last night from Spikes.

Then, after all that, you have to watch out for the safeties. Searcy, Williams and Williams all bring the wood.

Special teams were booting it out of the end zone or blocking kicks. So, pretty pleasant results there.

So I got off on a tangent.

But with respect to Hughes, he just keeps coming at you it seems. I really think we gotta gem here guys.

Stay healthy and this could be the starting line (1/2 joking) at the AFC Pro-Bowl.

Just imagine how good we'll be when Leodis and Gilmore are actually playing... B-)

Liked his game last night for the most part. D-line was as advertised.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even without Kiko and Byrd, this defense could be very, very good. Spikes will make a huge difference on run downs. Bradham looks like a badas mofo this year. Brown had some nice plays (and a couple clunkers). Corey Graham and Cockrell should make five guys we don't have to cringe watching. Aaron Williams is good and maybe very good. Schwartz is going to have fun with this D.

Love me some Jerry Hughes. I was pretty high on him when he was coming out of TCU & was a little surprised how he struggled in Indy. They're defense was a terrible fit for him which explains his struggles there.

Yea, he may be a one trick pony right now but that is the most valuable trick for a DE. This d line is good, he will consistently see single teams & he has the speed to burn most OTs. Especially since he will be way out wide in the 9 tech. Slow RTs are going to have their hands full

Love me some Jerry Hughes. I was pretty high on him when he was coming out of TCU & was a little surprised how he struggled in Indy. They're defense was a terrible fit for him which explains his struggles there.

Yea, he may be a one trick pony right now but that is the most valuable trick for a DE. This d line is good, he will consistently see single teams & he has the speed to burn most OTs. Especially since he will be way out wide in the 9 tech. Slow RTs are going to have their hands full

Won't he be playing the right side of DL, matching him up on the LT?

Won't he be playing the right side of DL, matching him up on the LT?

I'm sure he will see both sides. One thing is for sure though: he will see a lot of 1 on 1 matchups. I really can't see too many offenses doubling Hughes over Mario, Kyle, or Dareus.

Hughes has the speed to take the edge on almost any OT; left or right. Especially in Schwartz's wide 9 configuration. He will be lined up far off the OTs outside shoulder so he can use his speed to really out race thst 300+ lb OT to the outside

I'm sure he will see both sides. One thing is for sure though: he will see a lot of 1 on 1 matchups. I really can't see too many offenses doubling Hughes over Mario, Kyle, or Dareus.

Hughes has the speed to take the edge on almost any OT; left or right. Especially in Schwartz's wide 9 configuration. He will be lined up far off the OTs outside shoulder so he can use his speed to really out race thst 300+ lb OT to the outside

Will they have the LB play behind him so he can be uber aggressive and not worry about the consequences? As valuable a pass rusher he is, will his smaller frame expose him in run D?