When you weren't looking...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this because he's been killing it opposite Chris I haven't played football in 20 months Hairston and a seventh round rookie?

:devil:

Which would be a valid argument had he gotten all his 2013 sacks against Hairston and 7th round rookies. But I see the devilish smiley face and note there must be a bit of hyperbole in it somewhere.

This guy is gonna tear it up. At the very least, teams will have to choose between getting their QB killed by Mario or Jerry. With the pass rush up the middle all that and more, they could have a stellar year.

Which would be a valid argument had he gotten all his 2013 sacks against Hairston and 7th round rookies. But I see the devilish smiley face and note there must be a bit of hyperbole in it somewhere.

This guy is gonna tear it up. At the very least, teams will have to choose between getting their QB killed by Mario or Jerry. With the pass rush up the middle all that and more, they could have a stellar year.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got to double digit sacks again this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting ANY of our players (Hughes included) to put up the kind of sack numbers they did in 2013. The defense simply isn't built for it this time around.

The only player I'd say is a lock for double digit sacks is Mario.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got to double digit sacks again this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting ANY of our players (Hughes included) to put up the kind of sack numbers they did in 2013. The defense simply isn't built for it this time around.

The only player I'd say is a lock for double digit sacks is Mario.

With all the accolades that follow a successful season of sacking the QB, won't these guys be disappointed in less opportunities to get after them? Won't we as fans?

With all the accolades that follow a successful season of sacking the QB, won't these guys be disappointed in less opportunities to get after them? Won't we as fans?

Probably. And most of them would probably admit playing in Pettine's scheme was more fun as well.

But as professionals, I don't see them fussing about less opportunities to rush the passer unless the front four provide no pressure at all.

I don't follow. There should be continuity so satisfy the players' egos?

I'd actually contend that a defense that can consistently smother the run and get off field quickly (and not give up first downs on 3 and 15+) is a defense that carries itself with pride.

Last year's excitement created highs as high as the disappointments were low.

This fan will take consistently good over occasionally great/terrible any day.

I don't follow. There should be continuity so satisfy the players' egos?

I'd actually contend that a defense that can consistently smother the run and get off field quickly (and not give up first downs on 3 and 15+) is a defense that carries itself with pride.

Last year's excitement created highs as high as the disappointments were low.

This fan will take consistently good over occasionally great/terrible any day.

I'd buy that. Just more fun to cheer for a sack than a run stuff.

Plus hitting the QB can alter the game in other ways than simply stopping the running attack. QB jitters, turnovers, injury etc...

you think OC's will dramatically change their game plans around this years' Schwartz driven team relative to Pettine's scheme?

I would think they'd be wary of that given the pass rushing talent in Mario and Jerry.

So the question is, do the Bills give him a contract extension now, or wait for him to become a free agent?

#1- so far he is a one year wonder.

#2- he will have less sacks in Jim Schwartz's defense as compared to pettine's

#3- Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Sammy Watkins, cordy glenn, marcel dareus and kiko Alonso are all better.

#4- cj spiller, fred Jackson, eric wood, Brandon spikes are all just as good.

#1- so far he is a one year wonder.

#2- he will have less sacks in Jim Schwartz's defense as compared to pettine's

#3- Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Sammy Watkins, cordy glenn, marcel dareus and kiko Alonso are all better.

#4- cj spiller, fred Jackson, eric wood, Brandon spikes are all just as good.

#1 - came ready to play this year

#2 - my maybe is as good as your prediction, but he is even more experienced too and will probably get more plays in

#3 - I'll give you Watkins, but the other guys aren't showing what he is apparently...especially Kiko

#4 - more #3

And the reason I put him ahead of Watkins, is the latter has yet to play a meaningful down.

But I could very well be listening for what my ears want to hear... So I'll give you that

But not before jumping the shark jumped the shark. So congratulations are also in order for you.

I disagree with you on that but that's an easy response that I knew someone would come back with. Either way, whatever the new hip term to describe doing something to the point that it becomes played out and acting like you're the first one to do it is, that's what replying "IN" on threads you think will close has become.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I disagree with you on that but that's an easy response that I knew someone would come back with. Either way, whatever the new hip term to describe doing something to the point that it becomes played out and acting like you're the first one to do it is, that's what replying "IN" on threads you think will close has become.

TANGENT

The term jumping the shark starting catching on in like 2006. And what you've described above is not jumping the shark. You've defined trite.

We could always just go back to calling things trite.

A couple things here...

1. I wouldn't say he sits outside our top-3 defensive linemen, as there were 3 with double-digit sacks last year, and he was one of them.

2. Is Whaley that much of a genius, or is Grigson not very good as a GM? He did get bent over by the Browns in the Richardson trade.

I like Whaley, and will defend him until I'm Buffalo-blue in the face...but for him to be recognized (and ultimately keep his job), this team needs to turn the corner this year...and Sammy Watkins needs to be a top-10 WR in the NFL, at the very least...given how much people are ripping apart that move.

IF Buffalo was to make a run at the playoffs, even grab a Wild Card spot...I could see Whaley getting GM of the year and Marrone Coach of the year.