Training Camp 2014...Tweets from all sources, Week 1

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OL concerns remind me of last year when we kept hearing that Cordy Glenn was struggling with trying to block Jerry Hughes.

Turned out that not only was Hughes a pretty darned good pass rusher, but Glenn was just fine himself.

I suspect there's at least some of that at play this year as well.

The OL concerns remind me of last year when we kept hearing that Cordy Glenn was struggling with trying to block Jerry Hughes.

Turned out that not only was Hughes a pretty darned good pass rusher, but Glenn was just fine himself.

I suspect there's at least some of that at play this year as well.

This is why evaluating training camp OL play is so hard. Glenn's game is to get his hands on the defender and push them out of the play. You can't really play like that in TC.

@DonBanks: Bills' Sammy Watkins already making this NFL stuff look easy, a week into his rookie training camp. Our video chat: http://t.co/H96LiJ5gBw

LMAO

@SBNationNFL: STOP THE PRESSES. We found a camp practice report that was realistic. http://t.co/8dSgvHdQrc @BuffRumblings: All the recaps and notes from last night's #Bills practice including the word "ugly." sounds promising. http://t.co/2t863LLm6Q

@buffalobills: News and highlights from Saturday's night practice: http://t.co/z3bSTtJ7JB

@BrentAxeMedia: EJ Manuel, Bills offense struggle and 5 observations from Day 6 of training camp http://t.co/bSQ13ZoZPh http://t.co/aOhVrgAAy1

Edited by YoloinOhio

If the Offense doesn't start getting its act together the no huddle should be dropped IMO...

I would add the OC should be dropped to. I have never been a fan of cronyism, while their at it can Crossman today.

I don't buy the lack of ST player argument (2013) for a second. Could they be improved? well every team will say so. But he simply sucks as past records show.

I would add the OC should be dropped to. I have never been a fan of cronyism, while their at it can Crossman today.

I don't buy the lack of ST player argument (2013) for a second. Could they be improved? well every team will say so. But he simply sucks as past records show.

IMO new ST's rules has altered the scheming enough coaches may need a season or two to get back on track.

As far as OC goes I think the coaching staff has been doing a wonderful job with young, inexperienced signal callers.

IMO new ST's rules has altered the scheming enough coaches may need a season or two to get back on track.

As far as OC goes I think the coaching staff has been doing a wonderful job with young, inexperienced signal callers.

What are your thoughts on a "waterbug" running back and running him up the middle the whole season? Like clockwork, even after it failed game after game.

High ankle sprain be dammed. as much as I was a huge critic of Gailey. i would submit he would do wonders as a OC

For this team today, including the three QB's none of which had any real NFL experience. But, That disaster would fall on the HC

Who deserves more time for sure. Why there is no veteran QB on this team is mind boggling. In his defense though, i found Thad to be exciting when he was in there except for the fumbles. looking forward to the Dolphin slayer getting some playing time this year. At least he lets the deep ball rip.

What are your thoughts on a "waterbug" running back and running him up the middle the whole season? Like clockwork, even after it failed game after game.

High ankle sprain be dammed. as much as I was a huge critic of Gailey. i would submit he would do wonders as a OC

For this team today, including the three QB's none of which had any real NFL experience. But, That disaster would fall on the HC

Who deserves more time for sure. Why there is no veteran QB on this team is mind boggling. In his defense though, i found Thad to be exciting when he was in there except for the fumbles. looking forward to the Dolphin slayer getting some playing time this year. At least he lets the deep ball rip.

My thoughts are, it was a new Offense being installed, new coaching saff, rookie /inexperienced QB's, sub par WR corp, and a list of injuries Buffalo had to try and overcome.

We haven't even see the real Marrone/ Hackett Offense yet IMO...

We watched 16 games at a fast pace last season,

with a D that desrved a better outcome...

I would say that we watched about 6 games at a fast pace, then they had to slow down because their starting QB went down.

It's no coincidence that they won more games going up tempo.

As for the defense, they were put if against the run all season regardless of how the offense performed.

We haven't even see the real Marrone/ Hackett Offense yet IMO...

Wait a minute, you just said we saw it for 16 games...

I would say that we watched about 6 games at a fast pace, then they had to slow down because their starting QB went down.

It's no coincidence that they won more games going up tempo.

As for the defense, they were put if against the run all season regardless of how the offense performed.

Wait a minute, you just said we saw it for 16 games...

wait a minute, i thought we were talking about the no huddle pace,

IMO you get the Offensive playbook down 1st before going on to bigger, and in this case faster things,

Now doesn't that make more sense ?

Note: Tuel is getting the plays off in 17 seconds so far this year in practice (average), Bills QB's combined are averaging 20-24 seconds in between plays.

Edited by Donald Duck

I have been considering that Marrone is letting the QBs feel so much pressure at camp so far so soon . I mean the defense is a known quantity very nearly.

The offense is fairly new grouping. Is he seeing who can take instruction ? Who deals with maximum pressure well and then beat downs ? 8 sacks on 17 plays !

Its a method I suppose .

Not sure how i feel about though.

any thoughts ?

It's gonna seem easy against the D's we face, relatively. When EJ comes out and throws for 380 yds 5tds, you'll get it.

maybe.

One thing for sure, Jay Cutler is going to be *****ing his pants week 1.

Thats the plan !!

I have been considering that Marrone is letting the QBs feel so much pressure at camp so far so soon . I mean the defense is a known quantity very nearly.

The offense is fairly new grouping. Is he seeing who can take instruction ? Who deals with maximum pressure well and then beat downs ? 8 sacks on 17 plays !

Its a method I suppose .

Not sure how i feel about though.

any thoughts ?

Build a better O Line?

@AndyTWCNews: EJ says today was a much better day for the offense. #BillsCamp

But what will Marrone say?! Dun dun dun...

@buffalobills: QB @EJManuel3 on @CaveManMike19 high-pointing the ball: "He's going to be a huge asset for us. As a QB, that's awesome."

@buffalobills: EJ Manuel: "I was a Sammy fan before we even picked him up...when the ball is in the air, it's his."

@AndyTWCNews: Manuel says he's getting thru all of his progressions better, meaning seeing his 3rd and 4th options. #BillsCamp

Yolo, you're tweeting in last weeks thread. Still appreciate them though.