Good job, dad

i saw this. i was troubled by it only because i wonder if this man would have been as equally outraged if his son were with an older woman or if his son was with a girl of his own age?

either way, i don't have a problem with what the man did. it's not exactly right, but it's not bad.

I'd have done the very same thing, it would not make it right and it is vigilantism.

Have we come this far in our subservience to the government.

Stopping a crime is NOT vigilantism, it is the duty of all citizens

Now if you want to argue he went too far, thats fine, buts thats not what you stated.

Have we come this far in our subservience to the government.

Stopping a crime is NOT vigilantism, it is the duty of all citizens

Now if you want to argue he went too far, thats fine, buts thats not what you stated.

maybe i am wrong, but my understanding of the word vigilantism is just what he did. maybe it is still the duty of a citizen, but it is still vigilantism. right?

maybe i am wrong, but my understanding of the word vigilantism is just what he did. maybe it is still the duty of a citizen, but it is still vigilantism. right?

Well, I really do not want to get into the verbal splitting of hairs that we see too often on this board, but since you asked in such a direct, honest way.

I would say no.

Stopping the commission of a crime, right in your own house, is not vigilantism in my opinion.

If you go by the dictionary definition, you could make the argument i guess, but most people think of vigilantes as someone who go looking for trouble. He can back from the store and had to act to protect his child

Not the same thing in my book.

Thanks.

Well, I really do not want to get into the verbal splitting of hairs that we see too often on this board, but since you asked in such a direct, honest way.

I would say no.

Stopping the commission of a crime, right in your own house, is not vigilantism in my opinion.

If you go by the dictionary definition, you could make the argument i guess, but most people think of vigilantes as someone who go looking for trouble. He can back from the store and had to act to protect his child

Not the same thing in my book.

Thanks.

thanks for taking the time to break it down in your perspective without being all PPP like. You're a somewhat alright poster in a reasonably almost decent way, so i appreciate that.

When I think of vigilantes I think of Charles Bronson and Kevin Bacon. Not Mr. Father-walks-in-on-son-being raped. But, I am not the victim, I am not the assaulted alleged rapist, I am not the father, nor am I the judge, jury, nor police officer. I would not want to be any of those. It's a murky situation and I can only hope that all of them find comfort in their rest this evening and those that follow. Even the alleged; I hope he gets help. He deserved the ass-whoopin' but did he really deserve it? In my opinion he didn't have to have it happen.

'Send an ambulance. He is going to need one'.

he would have needed worse if I had been that father. I would have made it brutal and painful, and I couldn't care less if I broke the law in doing so. that guy is lucky to be alive.

thanks for taking the time to break it down in your perspective without being all PPP like. You're a somewhat alright poster in a reasonably almost decent way, so i appreciate that.

When I think of vigilantes I think of Charles Bronson and Kevin Bacon. Not Mr. Father-walks-in-on-son-being raped. But, I am not the victim, I am not the assaulted alleged rapist, I am not the father, nor am I the judge, jury, nor police officer. I would not want to be any of those. It's a murky situation and I can only hope that all of them find comfort in their rest this evening and those that follow. Even the alleged; I hope he gets help. He deserved the ass-whoopin' but did he really deserve it? In my opinion he didn't have to have it happen.

What... The... !@#$....

'Send an ambulance. He is going to need one'.

he would have needed worse if I had been that father. I would have made it brutal and painful, and I couldn't care less if I broke the law in doing so. that guy is lucky to be alive.

Not really. It would have been less painful for him to die. Now he's going to be sent to prison and beaten routinely... if not worse. Child molesters like this trash are at the bottom of the barrel and abused by both guards and inmates.

Not really. It would have been less painful for him to die. Now he's going to be sent to prison and beaten routinely... if not worse. Child molesters like this trash are at the bottom of the barrel and abused by both guards and inmates.

You can be assured that his cellmate will be named "Bubba" or something close and has to use two hands to support his johnson when taking a leak. Sometimes the Old Testament has meaning today.

great point. I stand corrected.