PPP Fantasy Football

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's do a roll call here to see who wants in. We had 14 last year -- I'd love to have it be 12 this year but I won't kick anyone out who was already in:

So far I have:

Me

Rob's House

Gary

FireChan

If we can lock in the spots this week I'll set the draft date and time Friday. Let me know if you didn't get the email notification asking you to sign back up. Our league is active again last I looked.

:beer:

Okay, let's do a roll call here to see who wants in. We had 14 last year -- I'd love to have it be 12 this year but I won't kick anyone out who was already in:

So far I have:

Me I'm in

Rob's House

Gary

FireChan

If we can lock in the spots this week I'll set the draft date and time Friday. Let me know if you didn't get the email notification asking you to sign back up. Our league is active again last I looked.

I'm in. But it won't let me join?

So far I have:

Me

Rob's House

Gary

FireChan

The Googlebot wants in which I frown upon but will allow if an extra player is needed. Be warned though. He might try to reprogram the whole thing if he is losing and he talks major trash. It's funny at first but gets aggravating quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been swamped with actual work, but I'll set the draft and get the final bits of the league set up today. We have one open spot that's going to go to Tasker but I think he's on a Beerball leave of absence -- if he is and is still reading this, PM me (if you can?) or email me again so I can get you registered. Someone emailed me through Yahoo but I couldn't reply to that email for some reason.

Anyone want to suggest any scoring or rule changes this year, now's the time. We will lock in the draft date and league rules by Friday (or keep them the same if no one has issues). Last year the scoring was bananas (which I enjoyed) but we can scale it back if you all want.

I'm in...I just logged in. Doesn't look like I need to do anything.

I see something about keepers, and that we have until the 7th to say who we are keeping?

Is that right? If so, how many can we keep from last year? (And, yeah, I could just go figure this out by trying, but, I don't trust it not to F up.)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 2 weeks later...

So the Draft is now set for Tuesday, the 6th @ 8:30 est.

If people want to talk about rule changes or anything of the sort, now's the time. We can hash it out in this thread and the thread on the league page for brothers in arms who've been exiled.

To get the ball rolling, here's an idea I had to improve the league:

Reduce the roster: Because it's a 14 man league talent is stretch thin. One way to counter this would be to change the starting lineups to:

QB RB WR WR FLEX FLEX K D, and to shorten the bench spots from 6 to 5. I think having two flex spots instead of a strict RB/TE would make the league a bit more competitive and also be a bit more like the offensive deployments we see on Sundays.

Thoughts?

what the hell, i thought it was 5:30? i have to pick a friend up at the airport... son of a B word

ok tuesday is fine... are we doing keepers?

i'm as stupid as the one posted beneath this post.

Edited by Boyst62

Less than 3 hours until the draft... last chance to weigh in on the roster structure.

It seems, right now, the leading candidate is:

QB RB WR WR FLEX FLEX TE K D BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH (14 spots in total)

or

QB RB WR WR FLEX TE K D BENCH, BENCH, BENCH, BENCH, BENCH, BENCH (14 spots in total)