Know anyone with a disease? Read this

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

According to Leafly.com, here is some of the more notable cannabis health news of 2017. 

Part 1 is CBD only while part 2 discusses all cannabinoids, including THC.

part 1 (cbd)

part 2

CBD increased the mice’s preference for spending time interacting with other mice and reduced the number of social anxiety-like behaviors.

I don't really have social anxiety, but I sure did whenever I got stoned in high school.  I should have been talking with the stoned mice in the corner.

You appear to have missed the point.  Take note that the article mentions CBD, as opposed to just saying cannabis.

THC, the prominent cannabinoid in nearly all recreational cannabis, can cause anxiety.  CBD, a lessor cannabinoid in most strains, can help relieve anxiety.  If a particular strain has little CBD to offset a high level of THC, it can induce anxiety in some people.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

You appear to have missed the point.  Take note that the article mentions CBD, as opposed to just saying cannabis.

THC, the prominent cannabinoid in nearly all recreational cannabis, can cause anxiety.  CBD, a lessor cannabinoid in most strains, can help relieve anxiety.  If a particular strain has little CBD to offset a high level of THC, it can induce anxiety in some people.

I have to go ask that dealer what he sold me 40 years ago! 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

CBD increased the mice’s preference for spending time interacting with other mice and reduced the number of social anxiety-like behaviors.

I don't really have social anxiety, but I sure did whenever I got stoned in high school.  I should have been talking with the stoned mice in the corner.

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I mainly use CBD for my issues. Helps without getting you high. It's also cheaper... so win win. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I mainly use CBD for my issues. Helps without getting you high. It's also cheaper... so win win. 

This is like saying "they have come up with a new opioid type painkiller.  It relieves the pain without the buzz!"  What the !@#$ is wrong with you??

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/3/2018 at 5:44 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for talking to mice gif

...Pretty sure they're talking about the Bills making the playoffs.

As per The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Mice are merely the protrusion into our dimension of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings who, unbeknownst to the human race, are the most intelligent species on the planet Earth. They spent a lot of their time in laboratories running complex experiments on humans.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It was apparently accidental, so I guess that makes it just fine.

More to the point, he was on a shitload of drugs that can be described as "not pot," which is curious since...y'know, pot cures everything.