Know anyone with a disease? Read this

24 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

So moderation only applies to alcohol, not cannabis...

I have never met anyone who stops consuming marijuana before they get high.  Further, my understanding, which comes from directly asking smokers, is that those "mirco brew" equivalents tend to be bred stronger, providing a high with the first hit.

Again, I feel bad for anyone who feels the quality of their life is enhanced by a chemically altered state of mind.  I don't begrudge you your choice to do so, but I think it's a poor choice. 

50 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, many people enjoy the subtle aroma and taste differences of different strains from different locations.  Much like wine connoisseurs.

There are obviously different levels of getting high, just as there are different levels of getting drunk.  One can consume cannabis in a way that is equivalent to having one glass of scotch.

I assume that you would recommend Cambodian Red with a Delmonico, but what goes well with Sea Bass?

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

To each their own.  Personally, I find it extremely valuable to be able to shift my consciousness and perspective from time to time.  I've often come up with solutions to problems that I've been working on at these times, in this regard it is a tool for thought.

I don't feel it should be illegal for consumption, as long as others usage doesn't directly impact me.  It should be treated exactly as alcohol in terms of public intoxication charges for those who would use and then come out in public and make a nuisance of themselves, the equivalent of open container or those who would use in public, and mandatory jail time for those who would drive or operate machinery under the influence.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I assume that you would recommend Cambodian Red with a Delmonico, but what goes well with Sea Bass?

Ha, a nice lemon haze would pair well

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't feel it should be illegal for consumption, as long as others usage doesn't directly impact me.  It should be treated exactly as alcohol in terms of public intoxication charges for those who would use and then come out in public and make a nuisance of themselves, the equivalent of open container or those who would use in public, and mandatory jail time for those who would drive or operate machinery under the influence.

I agree

Edited by SWATeam

11 minutes ago, bbb said:

How is it whenever I smoked pot, I either was high or I wasn't?  I never was just a little high. 

You probably had a problem.

at one point in my life I smoked daily. I could, effectively, take a hit or two, get a little high and go about my day. It is possible.

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've never understood wake and baking. I've had experiences with edibles where I woke up the next morning still high and it was the WORST. 

I used to wake and bake all the time. Here’s what changed. I graduated from high school. 

And you’ll never get me to indulge in edibles. 

Will you have whiskey with your water
Or sugar with your tea?
What are these crazy questions
That they're asking of me?

This is the wildest party there ever could be
Oh, don't turn on the light 'cause I don't want to see

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
Mama said, "That ain't no way to have fun"

Open up the window, let some air into this room
I think I'm almost choking on the smell of stale perfume

And that cigarette you're smoking 'bout to scare me half to death
Open up the window, let me catch my breath

The radio is blasting, someone beatin' on the door
Our hostess is not lastin', she's out on the floor
I seen so many things here I ain't never seen before
I don't know what it is but I don't wanna see no more

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
Mama said, "That ain't no way to have fun"

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

I can't do the edibles either. 

I was given some cannibis chocolates with my last delivery. Yes they deliver here. This isn’t Oakland for sure. No dispensaries on every corner in South Orange County.  They were labeled with 15g of THC. That means nothing to me.  So I tried half. Took over an hour to take effect which was weird. I only like a tiny buzz and smoke a very small amount when I do (which is rarely) and this was like when I used to do acid and I kept wondering “ is this it or am I going to get higher??”  

No thanks. 

Anybody ever get too drunk and sick when they first tried drinking alcohol?  I know I did.  Still can't taste whiskey to this day without recalling.

Early cannabis use is similar and then some.  The wise thing to do is to start low and go slow.  You risk perhaps not getting enough, but that is way, way better than getting too much.  Over time you will be able to home in on your tolerances, just as most have done with alcohol.

Cannabis affects different people much differently and so is difficult to dose both medically and in an adult use situation.  In addition, the differing strains of cannabis can add to the dosing difficulties as the mix of cannabinoids changes with different strains.

16 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Anybody ever get too drunk and sick when they first tried drinking alcohol?  I know I did. 

Much to my friends amazement, I downed a 6 pack in 7th grade, felt great.  Woke up and wondered why people complained about hangovers.  Still felt great. 

Baby steps from the Veterans Administration

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2017/12/19/v-a-issues-new-medical-marijuana-policy-for-military-veterans/#

From the article

It also specifies that the directive only prohibits use of medical marijuana by V.A. employees, not patients who don't work for the department.

"Veterans must not be denied VHA services solely because they are participating in State-approved marijuana programs," it says.

Edited by Bob in Mich

• 2 weeks later...