Nice home in NH w 100 acres going to auction

Beerball

Ha! There are no taxes in NH! Live, freeze and die!

Yeah... Sales... BUT NH makes up for it on stuff like property and car registration. Is car registration super expensive? I lived in Iowa 20+ years ago and it was based on the year and value of the car. Is NH like that? Cheaper to driver beaters.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yeah... Sales... BUT NH makes up for it on stuff like property and car registration. Is car registration super expensive? I lived in Iowa 20+ years ago and it was based on the year and value of the car. Is NH like that? Cheaper to driver beaters.

I was kidding. True we have no sales or income tax (though sales taxes on restaurant meals and hotels, things tourists would spend on, is 8%) we do have obscene property taxes and car registration fees. Like $6K for a typical house and $500 for a 2014 car. There is also a 4% tax on income from investments.

Overall the tax bite is still much lower than most places. And of course you get next to nothing in the way of services. In most towns if you want to have a playground residents have to raise money and build it themselves. You can tell how rich a town is by the playgrounds they have.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was kidding. True we have no sales or income tax (though sales taxes on restaurant meals and hotels, things tourists would spend on, is 8%) we do have obscene property taxes and car registration fees. Like $6K for a typical house and $500 for a 2014 car. There is also a 4% tax on income from investments.

Overall the tax bite is still much lower than most places. And of course you get next to nothing in the way of services. In most towns if you want to have a playground residents have to raise money and build it themselves. You can tell how rich a town is by the playgrounds they have.

LoL... I must have been poor. I tell my children we didn't have playgrounds and toys... We played with dryer lint, a stick, and ran around in the dirt. :lol: