What's The Matter With Kansas?

The stimulus. It saved jobs. Stuff was shovel ready, except when it wasn't. I mean, yeah, most of the money was laundered to Obama supporters, and none of it went to helping the problem, but it was a stimulus, and one time Bush did a stimulus and I don't remember you being upset about that, and did you hear what Cheney said because he's a war criminal, and oh, look! Gum drops and sarsaparilla!!!

He/She sounds like it gets their news from John Stewart. Just another buffoon, not up to snuff on politics or the reality of the last decade.

I'm pretty sure I called Obama an idiot too. You got a point to make?

Oh, I'm sure you did--that's my point. You seem to be willing to give Brownback (an "idiot" you admit) time for his policy prescriptions to work (and use that as an excuse as to why they don't even as evidence piles up around you that they don't), but I'd wager that's not the same thing you say when discussing Obama's job on the economy.

Oh, I'm sure you did--that's my point. You seem to be willing to give Brownback (an "idiot" you admit) time for his policy prescriptions to work (and use that as an excuse as to why they don't even as evidence piles up around you that they don't), but I'd wager that's not the same thing you say when discussing Obama's job on the economy.

Tell us what Obama's policy is on the economy. Please be specific.

Tell us what Obama's policy is on the economy. Please be specific.

obviously an attendant the ppp right wing nut job school of debate. he's calling someone out for a double standard. he's wasn't defending obama nor is there a need to for making the argument. but it's helpful from you perspective to conflate several issues. because he's right. Edited by birdog1960

You're comparing apples and cinderblocks. I didn't give Brownback any favor - I simply called the original article stupid because it is.

If you want to debate the merits of tax cuts versus stimulus spending, let's do it. I'd much rather starve the government than feed it.

Outline where I said that.

I simply pointed out the deep flaws in the way you were labeling certain types of taxes.

Taxes like the Flat Tax, the Fair Tax, and even a National Sales Tax with carved out exemptions are all progressive taxes. That they may not be as progressive as you would prefer doesn't change that.

Fair enough.

I think a national sales tax would be a joke though. Would never work

You're comparing apples and cinderblocks. I didn't give Brownback any favor - I simply called the original article stupid because it is.

If you want to debate the merits of tax cuts versus stimulus spending, let's do it. I'd much rather starve the government than feed it.

There would be fewer jobs if you starved the beast and didn't redistribute enough wealth.

Fair enough.

I think a national sales tax would be a joke though. Would never work

Why not? It's already proven to work at the state level, most of the infrastructure is already in place, and with carved out exemptions for essentials like food, it wouldn't disproportionately harm the poor.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Why not? It's already proven to work at the state level, most of the infrastructure is already in place, and with carved out exemptions for essentials like food, it wouldn't disproportionately harm the poor.

What percentage of a mark up are you talking about?

And that won't increase black market activity, suppress consumer spending and hurt the economy?

A suppression of consumer spending is simply another way of saying an increase of savings and investment, which will put Americans on much surer financial footing, decreasing poverty, enriching retirement, and eliminating personal debt.

A suppression of consumer spending is simply another way of saying an increase of savings and investment, which will put Americans on much surer financial footing, decreasing poverty, enriching retirement, and eliminating personal debt.

Until the government confiscates people's savings by forcing it into savings' bonds for the people's own good.

And that won't increase black market activity, suppress consumer spending and hurt the economy?

Not really because income tax will go away and people will be willing to pay. Lololololololololololololol.

Don't forget, in fantasyland music and stealing other people's ideas would be free and 20% of $0 is pretty cheap.