What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Gun thugs looking to intimidate the democratic process 

RICHMOND — Gun rights advocates and militia members from around the country are urging thousands of armed protesters to descend on Virginia's capital later this month to stop newly empowered Democrats from passing gun-control bills.

What began as a handful of rural Virginia counties declaring themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries” has jumped the state’s borders and become an Internet phenomenon. Far-right websites and commenters are declaring that Virginia is the place to take a stand against what they see as a national trend of weakening gun rights.

Unlike blue bastions such as California and New York, Virginia is a former Confederate state with strong rural traditions and lax gun laws. Guns represent the strongest, reddest line against the demographic changes that have seen Old Dominion voters usher in a new era of Democratic leadership in recent elections.

And so a Nevada-based group called the Oath Keepers said it’s sending training teams to help form posses and militia in Virginia. The leader of a Georgia militia called Three Percent Security Force has posted videos and calls to arms on Facebook, urging “patriots” to converge on Richmond. The right-wing YouTuber “American Joe Show” warned without evidence that Virginia will cut the power grid to stop the army of protesters — one of a host of false and exaggerated rumors spreading online.

Law enforcement and public safety officials say they are monitoring the situation, including several instances of threats toward Gov. Ralph Northam (D). Even some gun enthusiasts expressed concern about the potential for violence at a rally planned for the state Capitol on Jan. 20. State police briefed Northam for two hours last week, according to one state official, and the governor plans to lead an all-staff meeting this week to go over increased security procedures.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, the grass-roots organization planning the rally, said it has told the state to prepare for as many as 50,000 or even 100,000 people showing up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/prospect-of-gun-control-in-virginia-draws-threats-promise-of-armed-protest/2020/01/05/7e9b230c-2e38-11ea-bcd4-24597950008f_story.html

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good.  Tyrants should be afraid of the people.  That's what keeps the democratic process going, Tibby.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one is afraid of you. How many of these people will be neo-nazis? 

I dunno, why don't you go ask them?

But for the record, I think neo-nazis are fond of tyrants.  Hitler, in particular.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Why, you think they are murderers? 

I was simply pointing out that neither you nor I are in the position of picking out neo-nazis in a crowd of thousands, face and neck tattoos aside.

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

I was simply pointing out that neither you nor I are in the position of picking out neo-nazis in a crowd of thousands, face and neck tattoos aside.

in case you are unaware, you are arguing with a mentally challenged amoeba. proceed at your own risk.

enough ?️ ?️ ?️

WELL, NOT LITERALLY, AT LEAST NOT YET: 

Virginia governor’s call for 18-person gun ban force comes under fire. 

But I gotta say, the Northam regime is acting in what seems to be a deliberately provocative fashion. If Bush had acted this way in Iraq, they’d have called cowboy-style bullying of a native population.

As Virginia Eyes Clamping Down on Guns, the Democratic Legislature Wants to Give Inmates the Right to Vote

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one is afraid of you. How many of these people will be neo-nazis? 

your such a twit!
Oathkeepers in particular is made up of THOUSANDS of former and current military like me and LE, that takes their Oath to the Constitution seriously 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in case you are unaware, you are arguing with a mentally challenged amoeba. proceed at your own risk.

I've been posting on PPP for about a decade, I'm well aware of Tibs history under his current and former monikers.  He's not as bad as all that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cinga said:

your such a twit!
Oathkeepers in particular is made up of THOUSANDS of former and current military like me and LE, that takes their Oath to the Constitution seriously 

Good, hope they behave themselves. I'm sure there will be Klanmen and Nazis there, too. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You mean I'm aging??? No! 

If you want to call it that. My guess would be some disease like syphilis but I don't think it's contagious between species. 

BTW, you claimed Iran has the "bomb" and then a few minutes later asked me how I know Iran had the "bomb". Was that because:

You forgot what you said?

Intentionally lied?

Know intrinsically that whatever you say can't be trusted?

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you want to call it that. My guess would be some disease like syphilis  

So dumb. You know penicillin clears up syphilis. 

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BTW, you claimed Iran has the "bomb" and then a few minutes later asked me how I know Iran had the "bomb". Was that because:

You forgot what you said?

Intentionally lied?

Know intrinsically that whatever you say can't be trusted?

And I didn't say they had it, they are beginning to start making one again 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So dumb. You know penicillin clears up syphilis. 

I never had the need to know but regardless, it did kill Capone after rendering him into a Tiberius state. Now, why didn't you address your changing opinions regarding Iran and the "bomb"?

JACOB SULLUM: 

Fiscal Analysis of Colorado’s New ‘Red Flag’ Law Assumes Gun Confiscation Orders Will Be Granted 95% of the Time. 

“Such a high approval rate reflects the due process problems with red flag laws, which take away people’s Second Amendment rights for a year or more based on vague standards and dubious evidence that judges are not inclined to question because they worry about the potentially deadly consequences of rejecting petitions.”

Due process is never circumvented for the sake of the accused.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Syphilis?

This is what I told him up thread:

If you want to call it that. My guess would be some disease like syphilis but I don't think it's contagious between species. 

He responded that he used penicillin to cure himself.

Edited by 3rdnlng