What is better, no guns, or more guns?

FIGHT THE POWER: Virginia Now Has 95 Second Amendment Sanctuaries (And More To Come).

Plus: Virginia: County Board of Supervisors Forms an Active Militia.

“Our position is that Article I, Section 13, of the Constitution of Virginia reserves the right to ‘order’ militia to the localities,” Young said. “Therefore, counties, not the state, determine what types of arms may be carried in their territory and by whom. So, we are ‘ordering’ the militia by making sure everyone can own a weapon.”

Also: Five More Texas Counties Pass ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Resolutions.

UPDATE: Now Virginia is up to 101 counties. It’s gonna be nearly all of them except the DC ring counties, isn’t it?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

FIGHT THE POWER: Virginia Now Has 95 Second Amendment Sanctuaries (And More To Come).

Plus: Virginia: County Board of Supervisors Forms an Active Militia.

“Our position is that Article I, Section 13, of the Constitution of Virginia reserves the right to ‘order’ militia to the localities,” Young said. “Therefore, counties, not the state, determine what types of arms may be carried in their territory and by whom. So, we are ‘ordering’ the militia by making sure everyone can own a weapon.”

Also: Five More Texas Counties Pass ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Resolutions.

UPDATE: Now Virginia is up to 101 counties. It’s gonna be nearly all of them except the DC ring counties, isn’t it?

We need a divorce from Northern Virginia.  If DC wants statehood, they gotta take NoVA with them

• Like (+1) 1

IT'S NOT THE GUNS.

Over a dozen shot at Chicago memorial for victim of gun violence

by Lee Brown

Original Article

A memorial for a Chicago man shot dead earlier this year turned into a bloodbath early Sunday with at least 13 people getting shot, according to authorities. The house party just days before Christmas was to honor the birthday of Lonell Irvin, a 22-year-old man fatally shot during an attempted carjacking in April, sources told the Chicago Tribune. At least two gunmen are believed to have opened fire just after 12:30 a.m. with at least four victims—including a 16-year-old boy—left in critical condition, police said.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, /dev/null said:

We need a divorce from Northern Virginia.  If DC wants statehood, they gotta take NoVA with them

DC was created separate from the states for a reason, and no way should (or could it Constitutionally) it be granted statehood! I would make the argument instead that we just give the land back to Maryland and Virginia instead then if they insist on representation.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

DC was created separate from the states for a reason, and no way should (or could it Constitutionally) it be granted statehood! I would make the argument instead that we just give the land back to Maryland and Virginia instead then if they insist on representation.

Fair enough, but Maryland also has to take NoVA with them

Heard this on the radio yesterday:

The reason for the 13 people shot at the memorial party in Chicago was the "warm weather". That combined with too many guns on the street. This was the Mayor and Chicago Police officials position.  Does anyone think that they'll ever find a solution to their gun violence when they continue to place the blame on the arrow and not the Indian?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The reason for the 13 people shot at the memorial party in Chicago was the "warm weather". That combined with too many guns on the street. This was the Mayor and Chicago Police officials position.  

Whatever radio you listen to was spewing bull####. That is not anyone's official position.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

make your calendars. Jan 8th might be the day it all starts in earnest.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1210694385999810560

I'm really interested in seeing how Coonman intends to enforce this law.

My guess is that he will be about as successful as King Andrew with the SAFE Act.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm really interested in seeing how Coonman intends to enforce this law.

My guess is that he will be about as successful as King Andrew with the SAFE Act.

my guess is it will be a long fight.

a response from the VCDL and GOA:

RESPONSE TO VIRGINIA ATTORNEY GENERAL’S ADVISORY OPINION REGARDING SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY RESOLUTIONS

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1