What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 9/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, B-Man said:

EEXVjGZXUAAUyoq.jpg

Where can I get one of those shirts :w00t:

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I can all but guarantee you that it will not be the police that attempt to confiscate weapons. Most are firm believers in the 2nd Amendment and, no matter what orders given, would not participate.

The military on the other hand......

This country is heading for the bloodiest of all civil wars.

I work with and live around active duty and retired Navy.  Nope, military is not going to participate in a gun confiscation either

Only two ways for a gun confiscation to work. 

First is a voluntary turn in.  See how well that went over in New Zealand

Other is for the Government to contract the confiscation out to an external entity.  An entity that would have to arm itself with the same weapons they are trying to confiscate

Edited by /dev/null

The slope is slippery my friends. If they confiscate all AR-15’s and AK-47’s and we still have mass shootings with weapons other than AR-15’s and AK-47’s then what?  Because it WILL happen. Crazy gonna crazy.  You know it won’t be “ok we blew it. The weapon of choice is not the problem it’s more psychological than anything.”  They are going to say “ok we we blew it. We’re coming after your <insert gun model here> because that will really fix the problem this time!” 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The slope is slippery my friends. If they confiscate all AR-15’s and AK-47’s and we still have mass shootings with weapons other than AR-15’s and AK-47’s then what?  Because it WILL happen. Crazy gonna crazy.  You know it won’t be “ok we blew it. The weapon of choice is not the problem it’s more psychological than anything.”  They are going to say “ok we we blew it. We’re coming after your <insert gun model here> because that will really fix the problem this time!” 

It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian.

A 112 years ago, in 1907...our great grandparents were first able to buy the rifle pictured. The semi-auto Winchester Model 1907.

This is a gun they could buy from a Sears catalog and have delivered via USPS. It was/ is a semi-automatic, high powered centerfire rifle, with detachable, high capacity magazine.

About 400,000 of these were produced before WW2. Civilians had hundreds of thousands ...of these semi-auto rifles for 40 years, while US soldiers were still being issued old fashioned bolt action rifles.

The 1907 fired just as fast as an AR15 or AK47 and the bullet (.351 Winchester) was actually larger than those fired by the more modern looking weapons..

The ONLY functional difference between the 1907 and a controversial and much feared AR15 is the modern black plastic stock.

To summarize:

The semi auto, so-called "assault rifle" is 110 years old. It isnt new in any way.

The semi auto rifle was not a weapon of war. The government MADE IT a weapon of war 40 years after civilians had them.

The semi-auto can be safely owned by civilians. The proof is that literally 3 generations of adults owned and used them responsibly and no one ever even noticed.

Want to fix the horror of mass shootings? Fix the things that have changed for the worse in the last 50 years.

Cause the rifle technology in question was here long before this insanity.

winchester model 1907.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Left's long legacy of having their heads up their asses.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/09/23/watch-sheila-jackson-lees-take-on-ar-15s-reiterates-how-little-she-knows-about-n2553510?utm_campaign=inarticle

"I held an AR-15 in my hand. I wish I hadn't. It is as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving. And the bullet that is utilized, a .50 caliber, these kind of bullets need to be licensed and do not need to be on the street," Jackson-Lee told reporters."