What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

He literally didn't say any of this.

He said he wants to ban "AR-15s and AK-47s". 

He never said he wants to ban all guns.

He never said he wants to ban all ammunition.

You guys are the ones saying that, even though there's zero evidence of it being the case. 

So, my NHM-90 is safe, since Beto only wants AR's and AK's? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

So, you want us to become a communist country, eh? We are paying the price for research & development of the world's drugs because other countries are limiting what they will pay for them. Regulating salaries now and you don't think your real goal is communism?

LMAO

Is Canada communist?

Is France communist?

Is the UK communist?

Is Japan communist?

Having universal healthcare does not mean a country is communist. That's not a real thing.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You guys are the ones saying that, even though there's zero evidence of it being the case. 

When "Beto" was running against Ted Cruz he stated that nobody was going to take your AR-15's of AK47's away. Slippery slope, eh?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Of course it is.

You're not hunting deer in the Northeast US in a forest with brush and branches the bullet might have to go through with a freaking .22. Your odds of delivering a "clean kill" in those conditions are slim to none with a considerable chance of wounding and killing the animal without ever finding it.

I'm a deer hunter and I don't know anyone who hunts with anything smaller than a .270. 

Beto O'Rourke has defined assault weapon, numerous times, as an AR-15 or AK-47. 

All your other guns are fine.

A few things: 

1) no matter what caliber you’re using, you shouldn’t be shooting through brush and branches if you’re worried about making a clean, ethical kill.

2) a .223 is legal for deer in many states, and capable of an ethical kill with proper bullet selection. It’s also popular for species like coyote and hogs 

3) AR platform rifles come in lots of chamberings besides .223 if you don’t think .223 is adequate for deer or it’s against the regs in your state. 

4) all this hunting talk is moot and a distraction from the real issue, because 2A has nothing to do with hunting, it’s about defense from tyranny. 

5) listen to Beto’s argument against the AR-15. It has nothing to do with the firearm platform, it’s that the round itself is too powerful/lethal, and yet you’re making the argument that he only wants the AR-15, but not hunting rifles which you yourself admit are more powerful by your assertion that the .223 is under powered for deer. You have to have your head in the sand to honestly believe this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

A few things: 

1) no matter what caliber you’re using, you shouldn’t be shooting through brush and branches if you’re worried about making a clean, ethical kill.

2) a .223 is legal for deer in many states, and capable of an ethical kill with proper bullet selection. It’s also popular for species like coyote and hogs 

3) AR platform rifles come in lots of chamberings besides .223 if you don’t think .223 is adequate for deer or it’s against the regs in your state. 

4) all this hunting talk is moot and a distraction from the real issue, because 2A has nothing to do with hunting, it’s about defense from tyranny. 

5) listen to Beto’s argument against the AR-15. It has nothing to do with the firearm platform, it’s that the round itself is too powerful/lethal, and yet you’re making the argument that he only wants the AR-15, but not hunting rifles which you yourself admit are more powerful by your assertion that the .223 is under powered for deer. You have to have your head in the sand to honestly believe this.

We were talking about .22 calibre rounds, not .223. There's a major difference.

As for Beto's argument, no one is walking into a WalMart with a 5 round .270 hunting rifle that's semi automatic or bolt action. There's a reason pretty much every mass shooting in the US is conducted with the same type of weapon. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Multiple candidates said they want to ban ALL assault weapons. 

All.

Not one or two kinds. All. 

And they won't define what makes a rifle a rifle vs an assault weapon -- and they won't define it so they can cast as wide a net as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We were talking about .22 calibre rounds, not .223. There's a major difference.

As for Beto's argument, no one is walking into a WalMart with a 5 round .270 hunting rifle that's semi automatic or bolt action. There's a reason pretty much every mass shooting in the US is conducted with the same type of weapon. 

A .223 is .22 calber. A heavier bullet with more powder behind it than a .22 rimfire round, but same caliber/bullet diameter. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

So he plans to ban AR-15s and AK-47s, but he'll allow me to use my .45 with unlimited rounds? 

Just want to be clear on this.

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

When "Beto" was running against Ted Cruz he stated that nobody was going to take your AR-15's of AK47's away. Slippery slope, eh?

He said something like "If you like your gun, you can keep your gun..."

Or some trustworthy phrase like that.

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

So are you arguing that if we confiscate from every American the same weapon used in every mass shootings that there will be a drop in mass shootings?

Is that the plan?

5 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

A .223 is .22 calber. A heavier bullet with more powder behind it than a .22 rimfire round, but same caliber/bullet diameter. 

I was referring to a .22 as a .22 LR.

I consider a .223 to be a completely different bullet. It's much heavier and much more powerful. 

6 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Here is your non-ultra-radical candidate, less that 2 weeks ago:

"The idea that we don't have elimination of assault type weapons , magazines that can hold multiple bullets in them, is absolutely mindless."

The vast majority of Americans agree with him based off current polling. 

Edited by jrober38

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I was referring to a .22 as a .22 LR.

I consider a .223 to be a completely different bullet. It's much heavier and much more powerful. 

I assumed we were talking .223 since this is an AR conversation and that’s the most popular AR chambering. My point remains that Beto thinks the round itself is too powerful for civilians to own, and yet you think even more powerful cartridges will be exempt from banning or confiscation. How do you reconcile that?

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(but it's going to stop there... with taking hunting rifles)

If the white guy pretending to be Hispanic gets elected president, I suggest the day he sends people to take our AR-15s, they all have to wear this shirt.

Maybe put a target on it somewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1