What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's not like we haven't seen this "give an inch, take a mile" approach from the Left before. It wasn't that long ago that a whole bunch of promises were made regarding healthcare. Now they're pushing for basically Universal Healthcare.

LOL

More hysterical paranoia. 

Universal healthcare works great in every developed country in the world, at a fraction of the cost that Americans pay for healthcare. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's not like we haven't seen this "give an inch, take a mile" approach from the Left before. It wasn't that long ago that a whole bunch of promises were made regarding healthcare. Now they're pushing for basically Universal Healthcare.

We've seen that slide in just this cycle -- hell between debates the position moved massively from buybacks to forced takebacks. 

Yet... they'll stop with the (undefined) "assault" weapons. No one buys it -- but those who have been programmed to ignore reality in favor of virtue signaling. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They literally said they're coming for the AR-15s. 

That's essentially a 22 deer rifle. 

You're wrong. And they're telling you it with their words.

No. It's literally every "AR-15". 

How do you take "AR-15" and "AK-47" and jump to, they want all our guns!?!?

Holy crap. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, jrober38 said:

No. It's literally every "AR-15".

How do you take "AR-15" and "AK-47" and jump to, they want all our guns!?!?

Holy crap. 

You said they aren't coming for deer rifles. An AR-15 is that. 

You cannot even be honest in your own posts, let alone your analysis what the liars on that stage were saying. :lol: 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You said they aren't coming for deer rifles. An AR-15 is that. 

You cannot even be honest in your own posts, let alone your analysis what the liars on that stage were saying. :lol: 

No one is hunting deer with a 22 calibre semi automatic rifle.

I can't imagine that would even be remotely legal given how inhumane it would be to the animal. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

No one is hunting deer with a 22 calibre semi automatic rifle.

I can't imagine that would even be remotely legal given how inhumane it would be to the animal. 

Lots of people hunt with AR-15. 

You're wrong. 

Again.

Keep sliding your point though, revising it as you go -- like the candidates on stage are -- and you'll really convince people that these asshats are going to stop with just a simple buyback of "AK-47s"

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LOL

More hysterical paranoia. 

Universal healthcare works great in every developed country in the world, at a fraction of the cost that Americans pay for healthcare. 

So, you do admit the Left's treachery on healthcare? Why don't you tell us how universal healthcare is able to do so well on so much less cost?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Lots of people hunt with AR-15. 

You're wrong. 

Again.

Keep sliding your point though, revising it as you go -- like the candidates on stage are -- and you'll really convince people that these asshats are going to stop with just a simple buyback of "AK-47s"

:lol: 

I find that hard to believe. I imagine the vast majority of deer hunters are hunting with something a hell of a lot bigger than a .22.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, you do admit the Left's treachery on healthcare? Why don't you tell us how universal healthcare is able to do so well on so much less cost?

Because every single other developed country in the world limits the cost of prescription drugs and limits the amount of money doctors can earn.

They also take away the insurance aspect out of it, in the sense that it's run as a not for profit organization where there are no shareholders or dividends to pay out.

It's really quite straight forward. It's not complicated. 

US healthcare is about twice as expensive per capita than most developed countries in the world. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I find that hard to believe. I imagine the vast majority of deer hunters are hunting with something a hell of a lot bigger than a .22.

You don't have to believe it. The facts are legit and there for you to see for yourself: the AR-15 is a hunting rifle first and foremost. It's not a weapon of war (at all). Yet it's THE first one named to be confiscated. 

If they're willing to confiscate a hunting rifle -- where's the line?

Oh, right, they won't tell you the line because they won't define "assault weapon". Why would they PURPOSEFULLY keep the definition vague unless they wanted to keep the confiscation as wide and all encompassing as possible? 

You're wrong. They're not hiding what they wish to accomplish -- and that's to disarm every American. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gary Busey said:

It's also illegal in a few states to hunt deer with that setup

Of course it is.

You're not hunting deer in the Northeast US in a forest with brush and branches the bullet might have to go through with a freaking .22. Your odds of delivering a "clean kill" in those conditions are slim to none with a considerable chance of wounding and killing the animal without ever finding it.

I'm a deer hunter and I don't know anyone who hunts with anything smaller than a .270. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You don't have to believe it. The facts are legit and there for you to see for yourself: the AR-15 is a hunting rifle first and foremost. It's not a weapon of war (at all). Yet it's THE first one named to be confiscated. 

If they're willing to confiscate a hunting rifle -- where's the line?

Oh, right, they won't tell you the line because they won't define "assault weapon". Why would they PURPOSEFULLY keep the definition vague unless they wanted to keep the confiscation as wide and all encompassing as possible? 

You're wrong. They're not hiding what they wish to accomplish -- and that's to disarm every American. 

Beto O'Rourke has defined assault weapon, numerous times, as an AR-15 or AK-47. 

All your other guns are fine.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Beto O'Rourke has defined assault weapon, numerous times, as an AR-15 or AK-47. 

All your other guns are fine.

That's NOT a definition. Unless you're saying the only weapons on the planet that are "assault weapons" are the AK and AR-15. 

You're very underinformed on this issue.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's NOT a definition. Unless you're saying the only weapons on the planet that are "assault weapons" are the AK and AR-15. 

You're very underinformed on this issue.

Some assault weapons are already banned. Just like some semi-automatic rifles might become banned.

You can't go out and buy a fully automatic rifle. They want to add some semi automatics to that list. They have no interest in taking all of your guns.

Your paranoia is out of control.

Edited by jrober38

59 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The notion that they all want to take away ALL guns is completely disingenuous. 

I suspect you're just not paying attention. They want them all. And the ammo. Just listen to the white hispanic candidate. He said as much last night and he keeps saying it today.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I suspect you're just not paying attention. They want them all. And the ammo. Just listen to the white hispanic candidate. He said as much last night and he keeps saying it today.

He literally didn't say any of this.

He said he wants to ban "AR-15s and AK-47s". 

He never said he wants to ban all guns.

He never said he wants to ban all ammunition.

You guys are the ones saying that, even though there's zero evidence of it being the case. 

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Because every single other developed country in the world limits the cost of prescription drugs and limits the amount of money doctors can earn.

They also take away the insurance aspect out of it, in the sense that it's run as a not for profit organization where there are no shareholders or dividends to pay out.

It's really quite straight forward. It's not complicated. 

US healthcare is about twice as expensive per capita than most developed countries in the world. 

So, you want us to become a communist country, eh? We are paying the price for research & development of the world's drugs because other countries are limiting what they will pay for them. Regulating salaries now and you don't think your real goal is communism?