What is better, no guns, or more guns?

quite the response to Beto saying he'd take away all those assault weapons

a lot of the more fun message boards had direct messages to Beto and what would happen when he came to the door with demands

the nicest of the posts called him an assclown

We’ve been giving a lot of thought to our sale of firearms and ammunition. We’ve previously made decisions to stop selling handguns or military-style rifles such as the AR-15, to raise the age limit to purchase a firearm or ammunition to 21, to require a “green light” on a background check while federal law only requires the absence of a “red light,” to videotape the point of sale for firearms and to only allow certain trained associates to sell firearms.

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:

After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons; we will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and we will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2019/09/03/mcmillon-to-associates-our-next-steps-in-response-to-the-tragedies-in-el-paso-and-southaven

Good move! :) 

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

quite the response to Beto saying he'd take away all those assault weapons

a lot of the more fun message boards had direct messages to Beto and what would happen when he came to the door with demands

Francis

His name is Francis

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE BABYLON BEE DOES IT AGAIN: Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents.

I’d love to see some folks take this a step further and protest outside a Walmart auto service entrance with signs reading CARS KILL and STOP SELLING DEATH TOOLS and the like.

If only they would discontinue their tire and lube centers, they really would help prevent accidents... 

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If only they would discontinue their tire and lube centers, they really would help prevent accidents... 

I think it's also their fault my tires wear out! If the shops close, my tires will last the life of the car!

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

THE BABYLON BEE DOES IT AGAIN: Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents.

I’d love to see some folks take this a step further and protest outside a Walmart auto service entrance with signs reading CARS KILL and STOP SELLING DEATH TOOLS and the like.

Actually, I would love to see Walmart start selling grenades and maybe even nukes. Why not? 

In reality, Walmart bowed to blue checkmarks and MSNBC hosts.

They’re free to do it, and should be free to do it.

But it’s terrible for the culture.

This is dangerous precedent, and adds to the continuing polarization of the country.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In reality, Walmart bowed to blue checkmarks and MSNBC hosts.

They’re free to do it, and should be free to do it.

But it’s terrible for the culture.

This is dangerous precedent, and adds to the continuing polarization of the country.

Isn't... Isn't that what a boycott is supposed to achieve?

8 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Isn't... Isn't that what a boycott is supposed to achieve?

By what metric do you believe that a majority of customers of Walmart were ready to stop shopping at Walmart because Walmart sold certain types of ammunition?

The blue checkmarks and MSNBC hosts are the actual motivated minority able to marshal enough faux-outrage to pressure risk-averse CEOs into doing their policy bidding.

That’s the CEOs’ choice. It also makes them cowards.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

In all fairness the author should state where Maine stood as far as crime goes prior to allowing universal concealed carry. There needs to be context. For the record I believe that it is a good law.

• Like (+1) 2

It's funny to me that the left genuinely believes that WalMart ending the sale of ammunition will have any impact beyond the shrinking of WalMart's sales.

Do they honestly believe this will deter someone from getting whatever they need to load up and start killing people?

I guess if they're stupid enough to think Debra Messing can dox people to keep people from donating to the GOP, they're stupid enough to think WalMart did anything other than cave to the cancel culture.

this is a couple weeks old but i didn't see it posted.

i hope this is not true... it's a slippery slope.

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun

The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director. ...

source for the above article.

White House considers new project seeking links between mental health and violent behavior

... The document goes on to list a number of widely used technologies it suggests could be employed to help collect data, including Apple Watches, Fitbits, Amazon Echo and Google Home. The document also mentions “powerful tools” collected by health-care provides like fMRIs, tractography and image analysis.

“Advanced analytical tools based on artificial intelligence and machine learning are rapidly improving and must be applied to the data,” states the document. ...

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun

The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director. ...

White House considers new project seeking links between mental health and violent behavior

... The document goes on to list a number of widely used technologies it suggests could be employed to help collect data, including Apple Watches, Fitbits, Amazon Echo and Google Home. The document also mentions “powerful tools” collected by health-care provides like fMRIs, tractography and image analysis.

“Advanced analytical tools based on artificial intelligence and machine learning are rapidly improving and must be applied to the data,” states the document. ...

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

It's "true."  But it's ultimately coming from the Suzanne Wright Foundation, which is a group of well-meaning but hopelessly reality-challenged buzzword-slinging lunatics.  Their "HARPA"  plan is literally nothing more than a half-assed chart of circles and lines, which will magically cure pancreatic cancer.

It's just the sort of mental ######ation the Trump Administration loves, and House Democrats would love it it wasn't pitched to Trump first.

• Like (+1) 1