What is better, no guns, or more guns?

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Dems held them in slavery and Jim Crow and continue prime racism by not believing there is any other choice but murder

When the ‘red’ man was oppressed by the white man was their natural reaction to shoot each other? When the Jews were oppressed by the Egyptians was their natural reaction to stone each other? When the...you get the picture.

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

When the ‘red’ man was oppressed by the white man was their natural reaction to shoot each other? When the Jews were oppressed by the Egyptians was their natural reaction to stone each other? When the...you get the picture.

all i ask of someone is that they try to be consistent in the standards and judgments they set and put on people

with liberals everything is according to how their emotions and feelings dictate at each given moment, plus a lot of phony nonsense about how much they CARE for people...

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

all i ask of someone is that they try to be consistent in the standards and judgments they set and put on people

with liberals everything is according to how their emotions and feelings dictate at each given moment, plus a lot of phony nonsense about how much they CARE for people...

Close. Those in charge of the left have no such emotion or empathy. They’re simply trying to coerce people into voluntarily giving over their freedoms to the ruling class. Merge this discussion with the comments about Obama’s new mansion and you’ll KNOW that I’m right. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Close. Those in charge of the left have no such emotion or empathy. They’re simply trying to coerce people into voluntarily giving over their freedoms to the ruling class. Merge this discussion with the comments about Obama’s new mansion and you’ll KNOW that I’m right. 

What freedoms? The freedom to get shot? 

You are an idiot First Class 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

they were the classmates who'd bicker in Calculus about their test answers. DUDE, YOU WERE WRONG!!!

so they switched over to English and social studies where they could argue their bad answers into an A+ after 5 hours of harassing the teacher after class.

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What freedoms? The freedom to get shot? 

You are an idiot First Class 

How so? And yes...in America you have the freedom to get shot. I’d like to suggest that you select another governmental system that more closely matches your construct of human utopia and go there. Come on back when you’re ready to behave yourself! ?

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How so? And yes...in America you have the freedom to get shot. I’d like to suggest that you select another governmental system that more closely matches your construct of human utopia and go there. Come on back when you’re ready to behave yourself! ?

This is great! I hope you are advising Trump on messaging for guns. 

Make America Get Shot Again 

moron! 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is great! I hope you are advising Trump on messaging for guns. 

Make America Get Shot Again 

moron! 

Is in absolutely necessary to revert to your go to of calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist, an idiot, or a moron? Might we just have a simple ‘conversation’ on an issue? Or is the I Know You Are but What Am I more your speed? You’re better than this Tibs...I know you are. Don’t get lazy on us here.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

No matter what the issue. Climate change, guns, socialized medicine. It's not at all about empathy and all about control. Let's face it,  the lefts ultimate goal is communism.  Whether they admit it or not. 

Edited by Dante
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Joe Biden has the answer to the gun problem. He thinks limiting magazines to one round would cut down on the killings.

If it was good enough for Davy Crockett, it's good enough for us:

image.thumb.jpeg.04053a7d7e3c763ce20c0b9d1b445d88.jpeg

"Please hold, sir. I am of the understanding that you have entered my residence illegally in the dead of night. I must now find my powder horn and you will dealt with justly.

Sir, I asked you to please hold!

Sir!"

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Hedge said:

"Please hold, sir. I am of the understanding that you have entered my residence illegally in the dead of night. I must now find my powder horn and you will dealt with justly.

Sir!"

Joe held Crockett in his arms as Davy died

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

Sir!"

Musket.png

• Like (+1) 1

I wrote this somewhere else.... Reference SCOTUS Case United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/307/174/

Talk about flipping things upside down, this is a SCOTUS decision on guns from 1939. Keep in mind this is during a period that FDR had even threatened to pack the courts to get them to approve his agenda (sound familiar?) to be sure to get his way on social issues.

I know most won't bother reading a boring decision, so here, let me quote just one part from it:

"The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. "A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline." And further, that ordinarily, when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

So then what are you trying to say?

I'm glad you asked! 
The court is ruling that since a militia may be called at any time, those called were expected to bring their own arms, and to bring ones "in common use at the time" by other militias!

This court literally ruled that it is those hunting guns like the shotgun in the case, that the government CAN regulate! But since people had to always be prepared for war, protection, or insurrection and tyranny, weapons of war are off limits to regulation. I know, blew me away too!

Folks, I didn't write this decision I only found it while researching that Warren Burger quote that is floating around Facebook about how wrong people are about the second. This could very well be what he was referring to and would help to make even more sense of it now.. But the High Court has most certainly written an amazing precedent in this argument over so called "assault" weapons. In fact it is these very weapons the government CANNOT regulate.

I've said it before and will again... Don't like something in the Constitution, change it and then I will support the change. Until then, my interest is only in preserving the second most amazing document in human history..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1